Scaffolding Association Roadshows

It is meant to be Industry Best Practice, are you getting involved with the SA?

Maybe it is at the moment but it isn't a safety document its a technical document, it also cost around £600000 to produce so why should the document be free, you don't have to build your scaffolds to TG20 there is no law in this land that says you do, although you may need to justify the way you build scaffolds which could be done by way of a design engineer.
And no I will not be getting involved with the SA at this time

I have a health and safety background I have also been contacted by mr candy to offer advice

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

TG20 obviously cost a substantial amount to write why should they offer their services for free, do you put scaffold up free of charge

Most of the stuff in TG 20 :08 has been around for years. Most of the diagrams are copies of old CITB ones with an extra handrail added. I have some of the originals somewhere

TG20 isn't a health and safety document it is technical guidance so more a quality document. NASC are a business nothing comes free in this world

And I am willing to offer advice but my time doesn't come free we all have a living to make[/QUOTE]

:eek: icould be wrong DS but as a pt 2 scaff with 9yrs experiance & a suposed background in h&s along with your pompus comment i for one wouldn't think youd have a lot to offer to a fledging assoc anyway :notrust: ...its shiit attitudes like your that dooms projects like this b4 they've even begun.
Most bosses on here will tell you that they regulary offer services or xtras for nothing - its called building bridges today to cross 2moro....after a few more years experiance that little trick may get you somewhere;)

TG20 isn't a health and safety document it is technical guidance so more a quality document. NASC are a business nothing comes free in this world

And I am willing to offer advice but my time doesn't come free we all have a living to make

:eek: icould be wrong DS but as a pt 2 scaff with 9yrs experiance & a suposed background in h&s along with your pompus comment i for one wouldn't think youd have a lot to offer to a fledging assoc anyway :notrust: ...its shiit attitudes like your that dooms projects like this b4 they've even begun.
Most bosses on here will tell you that they regulary offer services or xtras for nothing - its called building bridges today to cross 2moro....after a few more years experiance that little trick may get you somewhere;)[/QUOTE]

Im an advanced scaffolder with 28 years experience and you might offer your services for free. But I don't need a jumped up pr1ck like you telling me I should offer mine for free.

I would expect these are the bridges you refer to set up a health and safety company http://www.cotswoldsafetysolutions.co.uk/index.html then set up a trade association and sell your health and safety company to the fools that have joined . Took a look at the SA website no key targets & objectives are set out , links back to CISRS training ( we all know this is NASC run) . So what are they actually offering/ what do you get for your membership fee. Is it a join and hope things change ???

Last edited:
Oohh have i hit a nerve.& u having to stoop to name callin ...u mug
Dont quite understand if that was me with the 28yrs experiance or u just bigging up ur own profile from the 9 it sez uve done on there.either way i still stand firm on the simple fact that ur an over opionated & obviously inexperianced little boy that has read all the books bt when it comes down to it really knows very little about either our industry or the guys that work hard in it....harder than theyve ever had to do b4 down to dicck heads like you pulling out facts & figures from nasc manuals...seems strange that we ever managed in the industry without the nasc or indeed the forum without your input

Oohh have i hit a nerve.& u having to stoop to name callin ...u mug
Dont quite understand if that was me with the 28yrs experiance or u just bigging up ur own profile from the 9 it sez uve done on there.either way i still stand firm on the simple fact that ur an over opionated & obviously inexperianced little boy that has read all the books bt when it comes down to it really knows very little about either our industry or the guys that work hard in it....harder than theyve ever had to do b4 down to dicck heads like you pulling out facts & figures from nasc manuals...seems strange that we ever managed in the industry without the nasc or indeed the forum without your input

I think you started the name calling Pr1ck the profile I think is set to that as standard !!! . Forums usually generate opinions but I suppose your to thick to realise that, your welcome to your opinion , mine is that your a sad prick that hasn't got a clue about the industry he works in. If you don't like my opinion put me on the ignore list ********
Oh and where have I quoted anything from TG20 kn0b

I would ignore you pal but i'm to thick to know how too do it...now jog on u mug ur boring me now

Yes

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I'm sure they are aware of copyright laws and have a way around it. I didn't mean you get a copy of TG whatever when you join.

YES CERTAINLY IS A TV DOCTOR WROTE A BOOK PASSED SOE OF THE FINDINGS IN HIS BOOK PASSED SOME OF IT OFF AS HIS OWN GOT FINED AND I THINK TRUCK OFF ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS WERE IT WAS SOMEBODYS ELES WORK WAS TO '' '' IT AND NOTHIG COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BUT HE DIDNT ALL IT TAKE IS A FEW '' '' TO PREFEND LEGAL ACTION LOL

Sorry swifty replying to this quote,

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

And I am willing to offer advice but my time doesn't come free we all have a living to make[/QUOTE

ITS A FEKING CARTEL THEY RITE THE RULES RUN THE CISRS AND CHARGE WHAT THEY WANT NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE FAIR TRADES ACT ITS EU LAW AND IT TO PREVENT A CARTEL INFULUENCINT AN INDUSTRY ETC AND DICTATING THE COST AND THIS MARRA GOES AGASINT THAT AGREEMENT A FEKING CARTEL THAT SHOULD BE HELD TO IT

About Double standards
Occupation
Part 2 scaffolder
Years Scaffolding

:notrust:That didn't get there on it's own. Why say you're a Pt2 with 9 years behind you if you're advanced with 28 years under your belt?

One of them is a lie.:suspicious:

Will you be investing in the scaffolding Association Phil I hear you get a shiney membership card but not sure what else :).

You've lost any credibility that you may have had Double-Standards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom