Rectifying Misconceptions about the NASC

• Thread starter TRAD Health and Safety
  • Start date
Maybe as Trads seem so well in with the NASC they could arrange to sit around the table with the SCCR and sort the disgraceful mess the ECITB lads found themselves in ?

Why haven't Trad replied?
Good evening All,we will reply to each post individually in due course to avoid duplication of responses and to gather some additional information that has been requested by the Forum members,hope you all have a good weekend and kind regards TRAD.

Why is Trad Recruitment

Responding at 8pm on a Saturday evening to a post starting a somewhat curios thread two days ago made by Trad Health & Safety

I thought that multiple names, for the same member, were against the rules of this Forum. Or does that only apply to the loyal members that built this Forum from nothing into what it is today.

Are sponsors allowed as many "names" as they desire, as in the case of the agency FSS who have three or four I believe including Dom.

lastly your statement

"Good evening All,we will reply to each post individually in due course ",

Appears to be a classic company cop-out, or delaying tactic until you ask your gaffers how you should reply, if at all.

Why is Trad Recruitment

Responding at 8pm on a Saturday evening to a post starting a somewhat curios thread two days ago made by Trad Health & Safety

I thought that multiple names, for the same member, were against the rules of this Forum. Or does that only apply to the loyal members that built this Forum from nothing into what it is today.

Are sponsors allowed as many "names" as they desire, as in the case of the agency FSS who have three or four I believe including Dom.

lastly your statement

"Good evening All,we will reply to each post individually in due course ",

Appears to be a classic company cop-out, or delaying tactic until you ask your gaffers how you should reply, if at all.
HI Rigger,we have registered TRAD rightly or wrongly under the names i.e. Recruitment/Health and Safety etc that would be relevant to the posts unfortunately the post in relation to the NASC could not be posted under the correct name,I can assure you that there is no delaying Tactic we just wish to respond both accurately and appropriately,with regard to your own post we will as stated reply on Monday but I would stress that we are not telling you or any other Forum member what they can or cannot say or post and we value your opinion as we do all Forum members ,please accept our apologies if it has appeared otherwise it was not our intention,kind regards TRAD.

Theres a hell of a lot for you to rectify on behalf of nasc, Wonder why were such cynics?

Theres a hell of a lot for you to rectify on behalf of nasc, Wonder why were such cynics?
Good morning,there are genuine misconceptions and there are real issues no doubt that need addressing,we believe that you can do little if nothing to change NASC policy from the outside which is why Companies need to get involved and why we as active Members need to take back genuine grievances raised in the threads to this post and seek to address them,hence the post in the 1st place

Trad deck.banned from certain barratt sites for being unsafe and unfit for a working platform.....scaff step will eventually be linked to lower back problems due to insufficient space to spread feet apart when losing balance carrying a load so all the strain is took up by the back....we can fight back too!

Your a self serving parasitical organisation and if you think that p2ss poor effort at damage limitation will work on scaffs you have raped for years....your smokin the wrong sh1t ! :mad:

Trad deck.banned from certain barratt sites for being unsafe and unfit for a working platform.....scaff step will eventually be linked to lower back problems due to insufficient space to spread feet apart when losing balance carrying a load so all the strain is took up by the back....we can fight back too!

Your a self serving parasitical organisation and if you think that p2ss poor effort at damage limitation will work on scaffs you have raped for years....your smokin the wrong sh1t ! :mad:
In relation to your 1st paragraph point one you are incorrect and misinformed,primarily because of abuse by Trades on certain Barratts sites " not all " it was decided to adopt a modified version of our TRAD Deck system on the sites in question,there is no ban and TSS continues to service Barratts as a Client together with various other Brands in its Group,in relation to the Step our Health and Safety Department will respond in general to both yours and others comments with our Contracts Staff experience to date,in response to your last paragraph you are obviously entitled as we all are to express your opinion but as I am sure you will appreciate we do not concur and purely as an observation such comments just throw doubt on the credibility of posts such as this,this one in particular being a prime example, civility does not cost anything.

trad any idea why nasc havent made an appearance on the scaffolders forum after all the are the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation. maby you could suggest to them to come on here tell there point of veiw and not that of a member of theirs, do you believe 1 company that represent a majority of the industry should be making the rules its like the green party making up the rules

Civility....your being spoken to and treated with as much contempt and disdain as you have given out....we dont recognise you as representing us....we see you as a parasite, serving only yourselves at the top as the ridiculous so called safety concerns you bring to light are merely to further your own aims and not backed up by statistical fact.....as gor trad deck shall we get into that...three sites I was on had accidents and I replaced the lot with birdcages......to look down and dismiss what im saying from a perceived higher level by saying its uncivil is just avoiding your own denial or worse.....your full of uncivilised sh1te !....

I treat you with contempt and do not recognise you at all as having anything valid to cpntribute to scaffolding in general....the arab spring showed democracies that true freedom of speech can ultimately mean not sitting around the table with people who only twist squirm and force their way into power.....your a disgrace of an organisation .! :mad:

Very true civility and good manners cost nothing. Don't you think it would be good manners for the NASC and their CISRS cohorts to rectify the great wrong they did to the ECITB lads?

I don't think we have much chance of that Havespannerwilltravel ; but I reckon we can be sure that they have a representative on here reading all the threads.

I honestly can't decide whether the NASC is a good is a good thing or a bad thing; I have seen both good and bad jobs from both NASC and non NASC members. But that said, I have seen both good jobs from both non NASC and NASC members!

Unfortunately, it's the clients which in some cases will not accept Independant audits instead of the NASC accreditation even though they can be higher.

I have respect for anyone trying to improve our safety standards within the industry, until we are on the inside though, I don't think I will ever know what they can do for our company and I think that would be the bottom line of what decides whether we try to nor not.

I know my nose would get pushed out of joint with an Independant inspection as for the majority they are told to inspect or audit to guidance and legislation, rather than seeing why a job has been done a certain way; I can't blame or call them, because that is the remit of the inspection of the majority of the companies to ensure that they are in compliance with legislation. Only a fool would ask someone to inspect or audit them to toy town standards.

I can't ever see NASC joining with the SCCR or any other trade body in reality.

I think we all have to do our best and hope that we have high enough standards.

What I don't agree with is a company within the area you work auditing your jobs and looking through your paperwork.

I think we all have our opinions and think we will be hard swayed to change them.

If the nasc want to broaden their membership base,then surely it's time for them to embrace and help the small company's,instead of appearing to be an elitist club,off the top of my head,i think it's about £1800 just to apply for membership(non returnable)with a very high chance of refusal(on daft techinacality's)and I think i'm right in saying that there's a ban for twelve months before you can re'apply(with another application fee,of course!!)instead of failing these applications,why cant they point out their failings,accept them into the membership but monitor them closely to ensure compliance over say two years?then they could really claim to be the industry's uniting body instead of an elitist club,surely i'm not the only one who see's this as common sense?:wondering:

I whole heartedly agree with that BF.

Our company applied a few years ago and were failed. Honestly, I don't disagree why they where failed when I saw the jobs which where audited.

I did here that they can defer you for 6 months but whether this is true or not I don't know.

12 months is along time and the money is quite a big sum in this day and age with every cent going to pay wages or materials or ppe, and more wages with extra tube going into the jobs or more time spent by the manager or estimator to win the job in the case of a small company.

Monitoring would be a good case in my opinion, but then again in reality would we agree with their opinion if we where refused over say lads not wearing heir hard hats or something we would consider petty.

Like I said before, no matter how hard you try, you only get as far as the backing from your company and lads.

I do hope that somewhere down the line it works itself out, honestly, I can't see it happening in the near future. Although, we live in hope!

Don't forget every branch of DSL, Harsco etc is a seperate member hence the low turnover.
Should for example DSL Swansea get caught out and banished from the NASC all their other branches will still be members.
At the same time they also have members like AOM (And Trad?) that aren't huge but do the job as they should.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Good honest post Rigger.
Good morning Swifty,companies such as DSL with multiple Branches pay the highest Annual fee but as a Group and not as individual Branches, therefore their individual T/O is not taking into account,the reality is that if a particular Branch did not comply with the NASC rules the Group would be given a timescale to comply and face reaudit at their own expense,this also explains how individual Branches of the Nationals may appear to have a high concentration of self employed or Agency labour as the formula to calculate compliance of the 90% Direct 10% CIS is taken on the Group as whole and is an avarage of the previous years payroll and is as not some believe taken as a snapshot of the ratio at the time of reaudit.

3.48 am Can't you sleep Trad?

Answer Rigger then.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Answer Rigger then.

erm... this could be a very long and interesting thread and its very strange that TRAD not the NASC have started this thread... Are Trad looking at the benefits of being a member? so testing the water??

DSL-LYNDON and Harsco (sgb) I was going to going to say Benchmark but they are no longer a member due to financial problems are the the big national companies but you do not see any director level view on this forum from these companies. - so I must give TRAD respect for giving there point of view on this forum!!

Lets put it out there to the 'big boys' mentioned above follow trad lead and give your expert view on our trade on this forum!!!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

sorry was unaware as no 'lyndon' names on the forum...is the lyndon representative giving his/her views or the companies like TRAD?
Thank you but we do believe being a Member is benificial for any Scaffolding Company,whether we like it or not the NASC is precieved by the Major Contractors Group and the HSE as the regulatory body for our Industry and Membership does give you an opportunity to shape future policy.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Answer Rigger then.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Answer Rigger then.
Hi Swifty,I assume you cannot either! I fully intend to reply to RIGGERS post this morning but as you can appeciate to do it justice it cannot be a short reponse.

Top Bottom