most stupid/daft person you have worked with

the HP STABLEISING STABILA,its truely becoming universal,think it could replace the band and plate eventually?

i watched a gang basing out a beamed bridge on the main high st this year , they laid the beams out on the floor to space their towers out ( i suppose) and then built their towers but failed to notice that their standards had trapped the beams on the floor , they went mad as i was trying to get a photo on my phone camera , laugh i nearly shat myself

Doing falsework scaffolds years ago in Holland using cuplock.
We had runs between columns consisting of 1m bays then 1-50m (thats one metre 50 cm lol) with the odd 1-20m bay.
Along comes this Irish fellah tells me hes the DBs at scaffold.
I said run the next lift in son
He picks up a 1-20m ledger and tries to force it in the 1m bay. When this doesnt work he storms over to the 1-50m bay and falls straight between the standards.
One of those days a video cam would have been handy!!!!

reminds me of one of young lads last year , he was trying to do up a double for ages so i asked him whats wrong and his reply was " i think my spanners broke " i said what do you mean , and he said it wont go on the nut , when i looked across it was a 1/2 inch fitting he had picked up

He didn't actually do any scaffolding at the time (which probably saved a few polish lives) but he was supposed to be running scaffolding for the new build of the cold water pump house at the Isle of Grain for Laing O'rouke
John Sibbons I wouldn't let him scaffold a half full bottle of HP Sauce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

2nd most stupid person the one that gave him the job.
Must have known even less than him

Last edited:
went in one saturday morning and put a support job up in a transformer building so that we could support the roof when the scaffold was put on it i said to animal we should be done by dinner time money for olde rope i said. as i didnt stagger the standards when we went to put the jacks on they wouldnt go on as i didnt leave enough room what a plonker i felt how says you dont learn by your mistakes lmfao i havent done it since.

last year we had a guy advanced scaff i may add that was sent to start a big beam job the thick **** lay the 7m beams down flat honestly down flat and started lacing them up then argued that he wasnt told wich way the beams go

oh he got made up to foreman as well
Pellegrino that's quality mate a job in the office is his for the taking.

gordon thompson , i have already posted some of the idiotic things this ex lyndons supervisor has come out with . the super security guard staffed a first lift off the uneven ground on a building site. tried to make me stagger the standards on a 2 lift scaffold and changed the bay size from 2m to 1.8 and then decide the sleeves had to be 300mm from the standard which meant hundreds of 21 s had to be cut . come on name and shame

Eddie Williams from Crawley

yes eddie williams, proper ball bag, advanced scaffolder and cant even base out a tower, asked him to get me some 8ft tubes and he asked will 6's do, i said no, so he come had a look and said he cant find 2 4ft tubes to join together, what about 10 ft tubes and cut them after, hahaha, thick ****

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

last year we had a guy advanced scaff i may add that was sent to start a big beam job the thick **** lay the 7m beams down flat honestly down flat and started lacing them up then argued that he wasnt told wich way the beams go

oh he got made up to foreman as well

sounds about right, was that for Stanford scaffolding, thats something they would do, and have done recently

reminds me of one of young lads last year , he was trying to do up a double for ages so i asked him whats wrong and his reply was " i think my spanners broke " i said what do you mean , and he said it wont go on the nut , when i looked across it was a 1/2 inch fitting he had picked up

Sounds like Lee Skelton, Brians boy on centurys, thats something he would do, and he would also unload the sainsburys lorry too lol

F.uck me... how many w@nkers have we worked with Dal?
I cant count in 20 paris of hands, even 40 would not be enough, lol.

On a different vein..... when I started on SGB back in the eighties as a wet behind the ears 23 year old (!), the man I was put with by the name of Albi+ Evan+ used to spend so much time figuring how to bunk off early that we virtually got paid F all. Remember one week we cleared twenty quid each. Would have been so much less effort to have tightened a few trannies and banged the ledgers and got a weeks money. Not sure if he ever learnt as no one would work, and I use the term very very loosely, with him.

On a different vein..... when I started on SGB back in the eighties as a wet behind the ears 23 year old (!), the man I was put with by the name of Albi+ Evan+ used to spend so much time figuring how to bunk off early that we virtually got paid F all. Remember one week we cleared twenty quid each. Would have been so much less effort to have tightened a few trannies and banged the ledgers and got a weeks money. Not sure if he ever learnt as no one would work, and I use the term very very loosely, with him.

not surprised no one would work for 20 quid lol!!!

Top Bottom