most stupid/daft person you have worked with

offshorescaff

Reaction score
we have all worked with them at some point.some guy who was as daft as a brush who was put on this earth just to do stupid things...

once worked with a guy who was a part one scaff we turned up at
a job in a plasterboard factory in avonmonth near Bristol..the job was just a 13ft 5 lift tower up on the roof about 100ft off the floor. told this lad to get his self up on the roof and throw the rope down....took him about 10mins to get up on the roof and then he done what i told him... threw the rope down......all of it.. and it was still rolled up... so he came down to get it and try again, this time he tied it off before chucking it down...punishment for being stupid....made pull all the gear up hand over hand for the next few hrs till the job was done...

one of the lads was told to fill the dumper up at a site in kent he was gone 2 hrs then he turned up driveing really slow yeah he filled the dumper up!!!! right to the top of the bucket lmfao

one lad i know at 44 still cant tell 70mm from 700mm on a tape!

well then you must be as thick and as wise as he is for not teaching him how to read a tape measure,ive met guys like you on plenty of jobs ,your prob laughing at the poor old chap rather than teaching him,and when you take a measure in scaffolding most guys measure in cm not mm,also id say you have just learned how to measure in metric yourself,so grow up mattie

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

one of the lads was told to fill the dumper up at a site in kent he was gone 2 hrs then he turned up driveing really slow yeah he filled the dumper up!!!! right to the top of the bucket lmfao

thats as old as myself

well then you must be as thick and as wise as he is for not teaching him how to read a tape measure,ive met guys like you on plenty of jobs ,your prob laughing at the poor old chap rather than teaching him,and when you take a measure in scaffolding most guys measure in cm not mm,also id say you have just learned how to measure in metric yourself,so grow up mattie

No i wasnt laughing when i had to alter the scaffold he had erected and when....

you know what brobarapas - touche you got me im that person!

although all the designs i have used have been in metres and millimetres, never used one yet in cm!

No i wasnt laughing when i had to alter the scaffold he had erected and when....

you know what brobarapas - touche you got me im that person!

although all the designs i have used have been in metres and millimetres, never used one yet in cm!

I wasnt been funny,but one thing i dont like is a guy laughing at another persons mistakes instead of pulling him to one side and teach them differ ,rather than have every one laughing at him,i also know guys than cant tie on after 10-20 yrs reason being because they were never taught properly and at that stage of the game are tooooooooo embarrased to ask

yeah i know guys like that, the guy i was talking about doesnt use a tape and would never use one even though i had shown him how far his lift was out!

hes the guy that cant be taught anything cos he forgotten more than anyone else will ever know, really good funny bloke though!

I still learn most days, the day you think you know everything is the day you need to give up i think! there are so many areas were things can be taken one way by one person and another way by someone else and i think you need to see both sides then you can get a better understanding of things!

Last edited:
yeah i know guys like that, the guy i was talking about doesnt use a tape and would never use one even though i had shown him how far his lift was out!

hes the guy that cant be taught anything cos he forgotten more than anyone else will ever know, really good funny bloke though!

I still learn most days, the day you think you know everything is the day you need to give up i think! there are so many areas were things can be taken one way by one person and another way by someone else and i think you need to see both sides then you can get a better understanding of things![/QU

yes theres a easy way and a hard way

yeah and you still get there way or the highway no it alls.

there is always one isnt there, putting the world to rights rather than having a laff an watchin the world go wrong, its xmas break man chill the fcuk out

ive never to this day EVER had a drawing offical or unoffical done in cm ever,and iv not just learned metric.if you cant have a laugh then its a sad day weather its at somebodys expense or not(usually mine lol)what i did get was a ruler in cm at school if thats any help.

Trouble is you can show some lads things a hundred times and they still cant grasp it ,
i have worked with lads that dont have a level or tape that claim they dont need them. All very well 30 years ago when no one gave a toss , how do you set out a job with out a tape
and keep it plumb without a level ?

we was once in the yard and we said to a lad paint one half of the board ends red and the other white we went sorting fittings the gaffer came out going mad hed only painted the whole pile half red and half white i pissed my self

very true lads could post all day on this thread,had some great laughs with some great characters who have laughed with and at me think the secret is to master the cm drawings pmsl lol.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

keep em coming these stories make my day.brilliant dave lol.

yes thats going down in my 2010 quotes of the year the good old cm drawings where did they go????did they ever exist watch this thead lol???

years ago there was a chap round our way , cant think of his name at present, he actually had one of those square HP sauce bottles half full of water and a permanent marker line running both length ways and around the centre of the bottle, his scaffold looked like a row of soldiers stood to attention. :nuts:

obviously that was 20 year ago if it was the present day he would have permanent marker the bottle every centimetre :laugh:

the good old hp sauce cm bottle my god thought that was just a myth of ledgend,iv already sent her to the corner shop for two hp sauces just in case i drop one on the job thanks for that super.

Last edited:
Top Bottom