Leaners..

Done summit similar but drilling hilti ties in wall, sliding ledger thru, 5ft off that to outside standard, then outside ledger, fill standards in then raker from inside ledger down to bottom of standard with kicker ledger running along outside standards, it was the only way I could think of to go round a awkward building and the scaffold was more for protection than actual use to stop and small debri falling.

I have seen the same done superscaff on a narrow lane and traffic still needed to get through so the outside standard was removed. It was years ago now though. Have you ever bolted an entire job to a wall without any standards hitting the deck?

m16 inside in wall ledger put threw easyfix(dogbone /doubble tranny) dropper/ standerd on to it ,bottom fo standard butted in to wall brased back to out side ledger punchen on and off you go .........

Have you done that one scaff1989 or are you talking the talk again.:laugh:

Lol a talk i good job i do ......well follwed some yans lead on one,only 13ft thow just over an assy roof couldent tell ya if thats the way to do it but thats the way it was done .had to do same on side of a gable stack tower and walk way on front and fround the stack no beams on wagon

Never bolted everything to wall but did a job good few year ago up alston similar to what you just described above, inside standards, all box tied thru windows with full room length straps across internal of walls ( derelict building ) then kinda flew out the working platform braced back to the scaffold , platform height bout 30ft wernt allowed anything below 18ft height to allow access for emergeny vehicles along narrow road .

I know the job I am on about will require a design but may have to post pics tomorrow to give the forum a good look at what I mean. Only the front elevation is straight forward, both gables will have to be fully saddled with most of the back covered with tin roof going back around 25-30 meters. One side has enough room to build a horse to support a beam but the other side is a fire escape for a cafe and house so not really much chance there. Would be a lot easier if it was derelict as there are plenty windows to come from but despite it's poor condition there are people living there. Could be a bit of a nightmare but then that is what we do.

Is there no way you can shoot couple beams out each gable to pick the back elevation up, is the tin sheet roof too weak to bring anything off it or poss remove some to allow scaffold up thru it.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

What are the window sills themselves made of and are they deep enough to spur off.

The job is around 15m long and the gables are both saddled so not a lot of scope there the tin roof is a covering for a chipie and some other back shop kitchens, I will post pics and give you a better idea tomorrow.

I would agree bigfish but again it's what you are used too. The boy's acquaint with doing it would rattle it up no bother but to be honest I think I would struggle to find an easy way to bang that up without instruction.
Build one in your yard Aom,its practically a tall vesion of a brickies scaffold,,trannies sit on inside ledger instead of wall,you can fit intermediate lift,or ladders as Scaffy mentioned earlier. Its actually more stable than an independent.

Oh rakey Roo, Oh Rakey Roo its a scaffold not a tune, Oh rakey Roo ........
Thats what we used to sing when putting up leaners back in the 80's!
They done the job,was better when the house front had a low level roof over the porch and bay window to lean your rakers ( inside stds ) . Took about 1 hr to build tops and 20 mins to strike. Luvly Jubbly..all cash too :)

Spose ya sing 'tie me rakey roo down sport' now adays He who dares.haha.

leaners are alright if you dont over load them, had one push through he brick work a few years back when a roofer piled all the slates on it!

as for bolt ons this ones from Shepherds Bush 2 years back all bolted to the concrete frame.

Attachments

• Shepherds Bush.jpg
    Shepherds Bush.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 35
Here's a very rough sketch of the basic shape,ignore the droppers off the rsj,and the gantry would be the ground,i would do a proper drawing but it's to much messing about lol:embarrest:

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 35
GM as u know things dont happen to quick VLLB meant to be doing a leaner this weekend on a job just for you guys

I asked a the lads this morning made sure every one was prescent few have worded in the capital ...... Asked them if theyd herd of one they said no, i explained it they shot me down and laffed some were still laffing tanight think av drempt it up lol could do with a close up pic cheers

Top Bottom