Leaners..

Well well well, Mr C hasn't got a picture of a lean-to scaffold!!
This must be some sort of first! :laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I'll draw you a picture!

I have seen one in bermondsey back in 99 ,didn't have a camera !!

I worked on clocktower from essex about 6 years ago, and they always done leaners, the first time i saw it i thought what the F*ck but joking aside, when you get used to them they take 20 minutes on house front,

materials are for a 20x20 house front.

8 x 21ft tube, (3 standards, 2 handrails, 3 ledgers)
3 x 16ft tube, (3 leaners/braces, starting tube)
8 x 5 ft tube, (6 transoms, 2 stopend handrails)
12 x 13ft boards (overlaped obvisouly) (2 x fleet boards, and 2 toeboards)
1 x 4ft board (stopend toeboard)
20 x doubles,
18 x singles,
2 x swivels,
1 x ladder,

job done, :D

Got to admit I've never seen one. has any
body got any pics?:huh:

yeh il post some in morn , naturally wernt done by our boys haha
Used to do all the time for eaga heat jobs ruff as **** specially in southampton and portsmouth , Dave ja vu - surprised you never see any of them ha ha

Well well well, Mr C hasn't got a picture of a lean-to scaffold!!
This must be some sort of first! :laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I'll draw you a picture!

Right here goes ,this isn't your normal ''leaner'' on a house front but it's a bit bigger and it is definitely leaning !!!!
Built as a normal independent in mills fittings instead of double-double it is double mills (ledger)-swivell mills (transom) at every standard hitting the main concreate building ( The Toastrack, Fallowfield ,Manchester ).
Note handrails on the outside also outsideledger onthe outside to ''sit '' right.
I did not erect this did some mods & some strikeing.
KWICKFORM/Interserve 2001 ish.

Got other pictures from when my Dad did it back in the 70's but there on his ''slides'' gonna take me some time to convert them .

Attachments

• Toastrack.jpg
    Toastrack.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Right here goes ,this isn't your normal ''leaner'' on a house front but it's a bit bigger and it is definitely leaning !!!!
Built as a normal independent in mills fittings instead of double-double it is double mills (ledger)-swivell mills (transom) at every standard hitting the main concreate building ( The Toastrack, Fallowfield ,Manchester ).
Note handrails on the outside .

Got other pictures from when my Dad did it back in the 70's but there on his ''slides'' gonna take me some time to convert them .[

quality pics paul ! Did you find any pics of the albert memorial fella?

mmm yes having trouble copy & pasteing !!

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Note handrails on the outside .

Got other pictures from when my Dad did it back in the 70's but there on his ''slides'' gonna take me some time to convert them .[

quality pics paul ! Did you find any pics of the albert memorial fella?

If you go on www.Flickr.com and search ''Albert Memorial Launchpad'' you will see it
I can't copy it as it is protected .

Good luck getting paid mate !
Was doing 6 areas for them approx 30-40 jobs per week absolute nightmare getting paid so naturally a fall out followed , havent worked for them since last november still owed 15,000 dribbling through slowley - u must deal with Christopher or patrick Kay in that area
Also wanted us to join the NASC that was being tendered , note when we had it we was charging them 470-550 every tower , at the re tender they wanted to pay 200 for 4 lift towers , your welcome to it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the sarf london special was used a lot back in brighton back in the day , not so common now but i left nearly two years ago so maybe there all at it agin innit

im sure havespannerwilltravel put up a lot of em

I was driving the other day when my son scremed at me to stop,and reverse cos he seen wot he thought was a collapsed scaffold,
after explaining to him it was a leaner. and talking him through it, his face screwed up and he said" fuuuck that,- looks like its about to slip down,i'd rather put the inside std init,"
it was the 1st one i'd seen for over 10years and had been erected over a bay window up to the soffit for roof access fitting solar panels,prob the quckest way with the min amount of tube lolol

sounds crazy is it a bit like putlock but with out the put so to speak lol
the transom tied with a swivel to the raker and brased back to the single out side standerd and repeated untill no more raker lol ? crnt even imagine it ad is it legal now a days ?

WHAT THE FCUK IS A LEANER.

It must be a southern thing is it, I have heard them mentioned before but didnt want to embarress myself, But seeing as scaff1989 has raised his head above the parapet an asked the question Im on team scaff1989 :nuts::laugh:

Mainly done for roofing job , rakers against wall ledger off them , tranny each end leg straight of single undersling out side ledger fill in all other legs and trannys board out handrail job done !!
16ft base lift no inside legs

Beddington lane leaner
South london leaner

Il post a pic

Thought it must of been a scaffold that had an inside board first lift but touching wall with standard at top ( no inside board ) :laugh:

So Basically a cantelever type scaffold from floor to roof :laugh:

scaffy how did you reach up 16ft to rap leadger to raker and then to the standard ? this has blew my tash right off like

Top Bottom