lashing of ladders

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
those red straps (also come in blue) are used to connect trad deck fall provention not tie ladders blue rope is and will allways be the best in my opinion

I'm after some justification on the proof that these red straps are better. In the training centre you should be shown lashing of ladders and if this is proven to be the case then training needs updating.

Whether the red straps are better or not is immaterial... can anyone really see Scaffolding Firms actually buying them???

The bigger Firms, on the bigger jobs that have better budgets? Sure.
But the smaller average slap-dash Firms? No... not a chance in hell, unless they are MADE to, by the HSE or the NASC.

Which we all know wont be happening, unless ofcourse they find another way to place the blame, burden and responsibility on the average Scaffolder, like they always seem to do, because its easy and less hassle.

Blue Nylon Lashing good enough for the job.
Ive never ever had a Ladder fall or come loose, when i tie it used Lashing.

Unless your a total knob and cant tie a Ladder off, there should be no problems with it. :)

Totally agree J if it aint broke dont fix it.Any way we do it it can be tampered with leave things well alone I say.To much interference from suits who never tied a ladder in their lives.

Never seen the red straps used, not convinced they'd be any better.

I was taught in my course you lash it or you use dedicated ladder fittings (they do exist, and they aint too bad really)

Top Bottom