lashing of ladders

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
Yeah sorry, shouldn't even have mentioned it.:embarrest:

WTF is this red strap sh!t---one cannot improve on a Lashed Ladder ( Blue Polypropylene, Hemp or Manila Rope and for hot work the Wire Lashing.

Cant see how the red strap can mitigate lateral movement, not cost affective and easily lost---who decides these Procedures, WTF...

Im basically drunk now and have pretty much no clue what you said there Gerry... but i agree that the red strap stuff is shiite! Lol.

Who are these ****.ers who come up with these changes ?? they should keep their noses out of things they obviously know fu.ck all about...

Cala

Fechin Spot on M8---we dont tell them how to do there jobs---

As I always say, NEVER RUB ANOTHER MANS RHUBARB :eek:

Some strange bloke with a green coat and a clip board told us the other week no wooden ladders on site and all steel ladders must have textured rungs...so there you are...

Most safety " experts " have fuc.k all to do most of the time so go round sticking their nose in things they don't really understand... ***** are just trying to justify their jobs.. they must have a daily meeting " how to **** people over today " its time we stood up for what we know is right.. anyone tells me to do something when I know the correct way gets a big fu.ck off tablet.. if your correct , theres nothing they can do about it..

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Another thing... when these nobs what extra " safety precautions " put in ( outwith SG4, TG 20 ) tell them " no problem, its not required, but we will do it you ,but will cost an extra £££ ) see how they change their fukin minds ...

hi guys - thought i'd add my bit, we've been using them for about 6 years now and never had any problem, we were introduced to them via crash deck installers and kinda liberated the idea ever since, they're really easy to use very strong and versatile, and never been picked up on any saftey issue even with the hse, the only downpoint is they are easy to remove by other trades and sometimetimes end up in there toolbags or on there roofracks, not only in red but other colours and can have your name printed on them, horses to courses i'm afraid but for a quick access tie really handy :))

I did an inspection with a major company this week and they wont accept blue lashing and wil only accept the red strap ties.
has anybody got the calcs on the proof of these straps cos im very concerned that a little sprung clip is holding your life in the balance.
These pics were took on the same site on the same day.

There was a couple of ladders tied with these straps on a job i was on recently, took them of and threw them in the skip.Looked dangerous to me. As Jason said 3times round top bottom & back.

teeside
lets face it m8 if someone wants to move the ladder short of locking it in place isn't gonna stop em,really cant be arsed with the rope thing personally i prefer to use fanny clips

teeside
lets face it m8 if someone wants to move the ladder short of locking it in place isn't gonna stop em,really cant be arsed with the rope thing personally i prefer to use fanny clips

Would never put them on a ladder either.

Ive used them before - fanny clips and normal clips, like years ago... but in the last few years that practice is really look down apon, lol.

Might even be banned? :unsure:

Blue 6mm Nylon Lashing, same as OldScaff says: 3 round the top, 3 round the bottom and 3 round the back per Rail is defo the way to go. :)

Though, for speed extra large Zip Ties are quick and do the trick.
For some reason, they tended to like using those over at Blackfriars instead of Lashing.

Me? Im a Lashing fan. :)

jason,liked ur pics,posing sh.t lol, good to put a face to the rants

the use of pudlock clips aka as fanny/pigs ears was frowned upon due to the damage they caused to the old type wooden ladders, but now the resin/metel ladders are the norm hey fit snug as a bug in a rug - there are also special made to spec fittings for securing but they tend to get mixed up in the bins or chucked to oneside, i've also noticed that the boys are using the brd clamp fittings as they secure really well.

Ya mate... ive made myself a target for Hit-men and Assassins everywhere, employed by the spys on here, who own the Firms i moan about - but who never post or get involved in the discussions!

Well, they might guess who i am, but i KNOW who they are!
Mwhahahaha! :D

Laing o'Rouke like this method of fastening ladders because it's easy for their foreign steel fixers, chippies etc. to use.

No complicated knots for their simpletons.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I'd be more concerned about having to access the scaffold under the top guardrail.

Ducking under the top Handrail, instead of a Gate?
I have to use Gates, all the time atm, but im easy... top Handrail or Gate = Both provide something that helps prevent a fall.

Top Bottom