Have scaffs gone soft

haha, detachable for weekends entertainment, the chicks love it.

St Austell ales! the best... Tribute, Proper Job, Black Prince, Trelawney, HSD, Dartmoor and Korev. But the best is "Bucket of Blood!" True red ale. As always Cornwall serves the best"

PROPER JOB DUN DRECKLY,

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I guess a lot of you guys enjoy a proper pint when not working... Have to say, when I worked on the sites, albeit part time for a very short period, some of the eastern european lads enjoyed a bit too much while working... Thats the difference as I see it..

bigfish i have to disagree on the working quicker without gloves though,are you telling me if i wasnt wearing gloves i could take say an hour or two off an 8 hour job just because im not wearing gloves??very much doubt it mate surely its nothing more than preference

Jiggaman,i reckon bare hands can deffo work faster than gloved one's mate,but that's just my experience of not liking glove's,what do some of the older scaffs think?who remember when gloves were a luxury:wondering::cool:

Scarce as hens teeth when I started but think it was working off shore that turned me soft and now wear gloves for practically everything.

It's like most things, the young team have never done it any other way and the old one's think they are soft. The thing is, how many of the retired scaffs who never wore gloves have skin like an alligator and hands like an eagles claw?:eek:

i'll work without harness , hard hat , even my boots , but i need my gloves , soft i am

Did all that years back but times have changed.

dont mind not wearing gloves in summer but winter need gloves lol can rember yan day this summer had a fekign rusty presses swivel and hit the bolt down and it nipped me skin, the swivel got called worse than sh1t. the advanced scaff who been doing it since he was 18 knows everythign and has done every thing said i that must be lack of exp coz another lads allways doing who just got on the spanners .no sooner did he say that then he jam his own hand my whitty reply was must be lack of exprience coz the labs are allways do that i was in feking stitches ahahahhah, another rusty easyfix yesterday and was stif so hit it and when it whent round there was a high swivel and took me skin off me finger from nail to knucle boy did i dance lol :laugh:

I have eczema and wearing fecking gloves only makes my hands warmer and hence more itchy,but try and explain that to some wonker with a nebosh is like telling a judge to get rid of qettada
it should be your choice,sign a disclaimer

maybe your right... i know that for some activities gloves make it impossible, particularly if dexterity is required

thats the trouble with some PPE, it prevents you doing your job..

Top Bottom