Have scaffs gone soft

personally i dont leave myself at risk of being at work hangovered anymore!im only 28 but feels like im burnt out drinking wise!i dont get sick or anything just severley tired like tou wouldnt beleive and must do about 40% of what id normally do in a shift and couldnt care less haha

am 23 an feel that ya have a dinrk sat and still not right monday ne good an never miss a days graft threw drink but i can say that i dont drink only with a meal at restaurant, smoking my enjoyment in like but fekign 8 quid a packets but still thats only 2or3 pints

my attitude is this - i dont mind and often have carried someone during the day if they feel ill or are carring an injury,but u gotta gotta realise that a hang over is self inflicted and selfish,if ur gonna get pissed then dont come in, if u cant do ur job safely and to the same workload as everyone else,then stop wasting my time and that of ur workmates,even this morning i stopped to pick up one of my labourers within 2 mins of driving i pulled over and sent him home,simples and on monday he'll get a talking to....but to the rest of us it cost us a longer day,he didnt mind as he went back to bed,but b4 payday he'll be asking for a sub,dont take a degree to know what the answer will be

Last edited:
Every ones got there vice, mine is still a drink but only a glass of red with a meal and maybe a cheeky beer if ive worked hard enough!!

same here.. the odd glass of wine, sometimes a beer but not very often. Make sure I drink plenty of water every day though.. keeps the skin healthy and good for organs and brain function.

same here.. the odd glass of wine, sometimes a beer but not very often. Make sure I drink plenty of water every day though.. keeps the skin healthy and good for organs and brain function.

must drink water must drink water

lol, yes you must! it is an important part of many things, especially for men... and zinc too, men need lots of zinc as a supplement..

the whole drink loads of water thing is a myth,you actually get enough from your food and any other fluids you take in on an average day but anyone who hasnt got a top sports nutritionist as a cousin may not know that so drink up lads!
it all depends on your activities mate.. if you exert yourself a lot, i.e sweat a lot you need more liquids. If you expel a lot of fluids on a regular basis you also need more hydration.

you can survive on fluids within foods, very true, but your skin would look terrible, your mind would be confused and your load would be like porridge!

SO ITS OFFICIAL THEN SCAFFS HAVE GONE SOFT
THEY DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A GOOD DRINK WITHOUT DYING AND SHIRKING WORK.
THEY WEAR GLOVES SO THEY DONT GET SPLINTERS FOR FECK SAKE
THEY ALL DRINK WATER FOR THEIR COMPLEXION
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THEY ARE CRY BABIES AND GRASSES THAT STICK THEIR MATES IN
IM DISGUSTED AND DARE I SAY ASHAMED :sad:

SO ITS OFFICIAL THEN SCAFFS HAVE GONE SOFT
THEY DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A GOOD DRINK WITHOUT DYING AND SHIRKING WORK.
THEY WEAR GLOVES SO THEY DONT GET SPLINTERS FOR FECK SAKE
THEY ALL DRINK WATER FOR THEIR COMPLEXION
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THEY ARE CRY BABIES AND GRASSES THAT STICK THEIR MATES IN
IM DISGUSTED AND DARE I SAY ASHAMED :sad:
Calm down Hugo ,,,,,away and take a drink of water !!!!!

in response. to the thread title, I can now say from my experiences of site members...

definitely not! ;)

In all honesty, I do wear gloves, never used to but that was because I couldn't afford them and the boss's were too miserable to supply them. Yes my hands soon went like an elephants ass but still nothing to crow about. With these half coated showa gloves you get a good mix of grip and feel as well as protection. The glasses thing was always a pain in the butt, the best solution I ever saw was one old boy in Ardesier who strolled about all night with no lenses in them, got away with it for years.

The drink thing is another thing that can confuse me, on one hand I want to choke the wee fecker for coming in reeking but on the other you have to admire someone who still wants to make his work rough as a dog and just not lie in his pit all day feeling sorry for himself. My usual tactic is to kick him home and start him early the next day.

'I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they

wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're

going to feel all day. '

haha, one way of looking at it.

What about as good as the Mrs is going to look all day?:eek:

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,

smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

I think tea has the same effect on some I have met over the years.

Top Bottom