Going rate

As westie has stated the average for a 5 day week is about the 400 clear books in,price work isnt reallt worth it as now its pissing down in glasgow and no doubt we will have a bad winter again.

Your exactly right , there's lots of factors to access , hence sites are pretty simple , bung the forks some bacca every week and he's yours ! ;-)
I liked price but day work is less stressful
I'm fed up if loading towers and independent ,
I wanna do shores and other design work like I started put on with my dad .
He might be a bit of an ******** but ge can
Put up a scaffold with the best of em

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

As westie has stated the average for a 5 day week is about the 400 clear books in,price work isnt reallt worth it as now its pissing down in glasgow and no doubt we will have a bad winter again.

U made of sugar paper then ;-)
?

I'm all for earning my money, the company's just aren't paying it, I have my own gear and bust my balls in at the weekends to earn a bit extra without the tax pulling my pants down every week!
And your right about the weather, once November comes there be no money for anyone.

get the good old days back when we was telling the boss what we was earning no the other way round

your from kent ash so you dont really understand the weather up here,trudging through mud thats up to your knees.
last year the velodrome site came to a standstill for the brickies for nearly 6 weeks as it was too cold to lay brick.but i was still grafting away
so sugar paper doesnt really fit the bill wee man;)

Lol ok u got me there
Sounds like they need to scrape the sites more up there our Kent sites are clean ya see
U go rocky ;-)

our lads are not all on the same rates like we have a part 2 who will not do a lot all day spends half the time thinking of a reason why a job can not be done or on the phone half the day, and we have another who works his arse off all day and will go out of his way to get a job done for a customer ( he is no lick arse ) just hard working so he is on £3, ahr more than the other but on averange our labourers are on £8.50 to £9, and our part 1 £10,50 to 11 part2 £12,50 to £13, and adv £15, there is a firm round our way where there part 2 is on £8.75 ahr and labourers £6,50

scaffolders....mushrooms.kept in the dark and fed on sh.t ,hardest working lowest paid.end of........

flat out still, just took on another 2 quite big sites... 1 has 12 houses and 10 flats n another is 6 bungalows and 7 houses, plus all the other work we got on and wen boss bck from holiday there is loads to price up, hopefully it keeps comin in like..

I think the best way to decide anyones value is to see how much they can produce in a day, I think most firm's would expect a 2 handed gang to complete 60m minimum (brickies lift) in a day, so if you can erect more than that in a day you would be better of on price anyway.

Thing I've found with most companies on price is that if you do more than your 30-40 m (60-80 if your 2 handed) they don't pay you any more than what would be your flat hourly rate. So there's no point busting your balls unless your fortunate enough to work somewhere that will pay you fairly if your prepared to graft for it

They will also expect you to pull your arse out like that day in day out, even when you've got them awkward jobs

Thing I've found with most companies on price is that if you do more than your 30-40 m (60-80 if your 2 handed) they don't pay you any more than what would be your flat hourly rate. So there's no point busting your balls unless your fortunate enough to work somewhere that will pay you fairly if your prepared to graft for it

100% spot on Zotsey, mate.
No one and i mean - NO ONE in this world busts their arse anymore.

You see any other trade... Who kills themselves? - No one.
And why the fukk should we?

Our bosses earn enough out of us. Millions and millions of pounds.
Why should we kill ourselves to make some other c.unt rich?

Im not lazy. far from it, but im not a mug either and in this day and age with all our 'Health and Safety' crap, there should be no need to break our backs anymore.

Top Bottom