ECITB and CISRS Assessed Route

Should ECITB and assessed route scaffolders be treated the same?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I was trained. They should not be allowed to scaffold so the money will go up.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem with that scenario is that the HSE have taken the CISRS/NASC and TG20 as BEST PRACTICE.To be able to compete and surpass then the training already available the HSE would have to be brought onboard.
The money thats involved in training is at the very least costly to make it better would almost likely add to cost,SO WHO WOULD THE COMPANIES SEND THEIR MEN TO.
YOU GUESSED IT THE CISRS/NASC APPROVED:cry:

So why not have hse aproved instuctors. Cartell springs to mind here. Instructors should be able to hold independant licences surely. As mentioned by Phillio

so why not have hse aproved instuctors. Cartell springs to mind here. Instructors should be able to hold independant licences surely. As mentioned by phillio

you would just have 1,000's of indapendant cash cows walking in to scaffold yards to do traing taking a brown envolope and walking back out when his done this 12 14 times send every thing off the lads get there tickets with out sitting anything

We have one doing that at the moment,so whats the difference Mara.

I'm thought Scaffy had his lads done at an Instructor's house.
We can't ask him though, can we?

MAKE IT A REAL APPRENTICESHIP AND GIVE US ALL FULL TRADE RECOGNITION.
THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL WE DO AWAY WITH CASH COWS AND THE NASC GRIP ON TRAINING.
THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL BE ACHIEVED WILL BE STRIKE ACTION AS WAS DONE BY THE LAGGERS IN THE LATE 50s,i have worked with a few old time laggers who weree out for 14 weeks to achieve their aim.

asseessed route

havespanner is right about the work experience record for the assessed route however if anybody decides to cross reference this written work evidence against the tax records of the actual firms they worked for and how long a few people could end up speaking to m'learned friend

Hahahaha,feck me,who do they think is going to pay 3.5k every two years and three weeks off work as well,hahahaha,and where do they think all this extra moneys going to come from???certainly not street work or building site work,and every two years,ffs thats the funniest one yet,hahahaha,why do we even bother:confused:

3.5k and the time off work dont forget the vat biggest load of pish iv read in a while bf,laughable mate.

As I understand it you had to have your prior work experience validated and graded by supervisors and managers and have it validated by a company. Dico will know for sure.

they came out on the industrial curcuit in the 1980s when sgb had most the industrial curcuit coal gas electric contracts my manager at the time was arthur wells and the supervisors were dave chapman and eric matcham so were going back a while. they filled in your form and sent this off to ecitb who sent you a magazine and news leter every 6 months with jobs that were starting and contacts for jobs and i think if i remembered you sent a fiver off every 3 years to renew it. jobs were plenty full in the 80s 90s so no employer would paye for the citb course at the time. as they new they would lose there men to other jobs in fact sgb had to draft there street division in some times as work was so busy most stations had 70 80 scaffolders on each outage yes the ecitb ticket could of been abused but when youve had it 20 25 years and havent came out the game then it wasnt abused. you ante gana learn a lot more after 25 years the ecitb ticket had some clout as well untill the last 3 years or so

No it has to be done at a CISRS registered centre i am only a CISRS registered instructor.
I am currently working in the Middle East and do some assessing of Asian scaffolders which gives them a CITB but not CISRS qualification.
When I trained as an assessor the most important principle was in answer to a written question

The assessor has a duty to the candidate, the company and the awarding authority to maintain the standards required by providing quality assessment.

In hindsight I would add a duty to the trade, a belief that many training establishments did not agree with.

I held a ECITB ticket and the holders do not deserve the treatment they are getting.

I am currently working in the Middle East and do some assessing of Asian scaffolders which gives them a CITB but not CISRS qualification.
When I trained as an assessor the most important principle was in answer to a written question

The assessor has a duty to the candidate, the company and the awarding authority to maintain the standards required by providing quality assessment.

In hindsight I would add a duty to the trade, a belief that many training establishments did not agree with.

I held a ECITB ticket and the holders do not deserve the treatment they are getting.
Well said

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I am always banging on to the NASC and mosley regarding the need to change.Over the last 5 years working as a instructor the CISRS scheme is run as just a cash cow instead of providing good training if i have to be honest.
I know what you mean, if you have your own company you will notice all the offers coming through every month from training centres with slogans like "discounted training to new and existing customers" and "was £941 now £745 for advanced courses.
They are just running a business and competeing against other providers in a select marcket place

I agree 100% mate. I have also done some assessing and have an assessors qualification. In the Middle East I put more emphasis in whether the candidates were proficient and competent in carrying out scaffolding operations.The successful candidates which wasn't all received a CITB qualification. CISRS is purely a British thing. For the written part I used an interpreter as I felt expecting the candidates to write answers in a language they were not proficient in was asking too much. Obviously I asked the questions in English which were then translated into Hindi or Urdu then the answers translated back into English and recorded. Took some time!!!

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

they came out on the industrial curcuit in the 1980s when sgb had most the industrial curcuit coal gas electric contracts my manager at the time was arthur wells and the supervisors were dave chapman and eric matcham so were going back a while. they filled in your form and sent this off to ecitb who sent you a magazine and news leter every 6 months with jobs that were starting and contacts for jobs and i think if i remembered you sent a fiver off every 3 years to renew it. jobs were plenty full in the 80s 90s so no employer would paye for the citb course at the time. as they new they would lose there men to other jobs in fact sgb had to draft there street division in some times as work was so busy most stations had 70 80 scaffolders on each outage yes the ecitb ticket could of been abused but when youve had it 20 25 years and havent came out the game then it wasnt abused. you ante gana learn a lot more after 25 years the ecitb ticket had some clout as well untill the last 3 years or so

I know Eric Matcham. Not seen him for years. I believe he spent some time in South Africa. Not sure if he retired there.

Top Bottom