ECITB and CISRS Assessed Route

Should ECITB and assessed route scaffolders be treated the same?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I was trained. They should not be allowed to scaffold so the money will go up.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thats right, when we worked for SGB we had a CECOL lad with us finishing off his training, he wasn't allowed his advanced card until he was 21.When he got the card I think he just used it for chopping up lines of Coke!

Can't think of any other use for it. Although I bet theres a few on here who have framed their cards and keep on the mantelpiece. And probably a few who have that gold plated spanner ornament with "worlds greatest scaffolder" plaque that Leaches used to have in their brochure years ago.;)

I look forward to seeing those course candidates slagging off those courses on here, as they will !

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Can't think of any other use for it. Although I bet theres a few on here who have framed their cards and keep on the mantelpiece. And probably a few who have that gold plated spanner ornament with "worlds greatest scaffolder" plaque that Leaches used to have in their brochure years ago.;)
Buck and Ryan used to be the best tool shop when I gave a sh*t about that sort of thing.Just want to go home and rest now.

It won't matter because 2 week CISRS refresher courses will be starting from Jan 2014.

Part 2's will have to do a 2 week refresher every 4 years - Cost £2,500.00 ex vat

Advanced will have a 3 week course to sit every 2 years - Cost £3,500.00 ex vat.

It's going to be tough, but well worth it, in my opinion.

Hahahaha,feck me,who do they think is going to pay 3.5k every two years and three weeks off work as well,hahahaha,and where do they think all this extra moneys going to come from???certainly not street work or building site work,and every two years,ffs thats the funniest one yet,hahahaha,why do we even bother:confused:

How many different people does a scaffolder need to keep in work?

I am no detective but I have a suspicion that phil818 is jesting.

I know it's tongue in cheek fred,but they are really looking at bringing in refreshers for card holders,gotta keep the dosh rolling in somehow,we should'nt even joke about figures like that,we might give them ideas :suspicious:

I've said it before and I'll say it again ***** *** ******** ** ****.

After holding the ECITB ticket for many years was told was not trained and so done the part 1 and part 2 and advanced, just waiting on assessment. If there was no training on the assessed route of entry surely thats got to be the same

Can someone clarify what did you have to do to obtain a ECITB ticket , i only heard of them on here to be honest :wondering:

Fill a form in and get your Manager to confirm your status.

Can someone clarify what did you have to do to obtain a ECITB ticket , i only heard of them on here to be honest :wondering:

As I understand it you had to have your prior work experience validated and graded by supervisors and managers and have it validated by a company. Dico will know for sure.

After holding the ECITB ticket for many years was told was not trained and so done the part 1 and part 2 and advanced, just waiting on assessment. If there was no training on the assessed route of entry surely thats got to be the same

There was training and the portfolio,exactly the same course only a shortened version,i suppose the thinking was that the ecitb boys taking the assessed route were mainly of industrial backgrounds with a proven 10 year work record and did'nt need a two week course,they still had to have a wbr,sit in the classroom,complete advance disciplines,and pass the test at the end of the course and then complete the fecking portfolio,so what additional training are we talking about,can someone enlighten me??

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

As I understand it you had to have your prior work experience validated and graded by supervisors and managers and have it validated by a company. Dico will know for sure.

Spot on;)

Big fish if you were trained I stand corrected, I was under the impression there was no training or NVQ portfolios on the assessed route of entry

And as we know the quality of scaffolding on industrial sites has always been superior to that done on the street or a construction site.

Not superior,just a bit more variation and usually a bit more time to do it in,at the end of the day,if your a competent scaffolder you should be able to scaffold anything chucked at you,but nowadays even that challenge as been taken out of our hands.

Top Bottom