ECITB and CISRS Assessed Route

Should ECITB and assessed route scaffolders be treated the same?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I was trained. They should not be allowed to scaffold so the money will go up.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure about that HSWT , but there was a work based portfolio and a NVQ level 3
towards the end of the ARE about 6 years ago at Erith

The problem between EICTB and CISRS has gone on for years resulting in some people being to pig headed and unwilling to compromise resulting in CISRS winning the battle.Resulting in all the hard working and very knowledgeable EICTB lads being left out in the cold. The assess route of entry was only supposed to run for 2 years to enable the EICTB lads get the CISRS tickets in fact it was run for 7 years. It stop in 2006 due the WHR 2005 stating anyone working at height would require training. One last point from me,i am getting a bit pissed off with some members who give fuc.k all regards information or help to others and come on here to add stupid comments . I have counted over te last 7 days only about 25 members a engaging and make the forum what it is.

There was no training on any ARE but there was an NVQ

No?lol,i must have dreamed sitting in a classroom being taught the x3 of how to work out the safe hanging weight for hangers (which i promptly forgot) and the slip loadings of fittings,ect,ect,we done a fair bit of classroom work phil,is that not training?the instructors also instructed in the build shed,is that not training?we also went through every module prior to the final test with the course instructor explaining in detail all aspects of the course material,is this not training?you then had to complete a level 3 portfolio with a wbr,this is only my own experience which was at birmingham,but i would have thought all centres delivered the same training..........i mean course lol,anyway who gives a feck,i feel my gold card was hard earned and nobody will tell me any different because these ears aint listening:rolleyes:

I done the ARE course at Erith and we only done the NVQ stuff in the classroom , the rest we where given a drawing put into gangs and told we had x amount of time to do it , there weren't any training given , the instructor would come long and check what you had done, then you would strike it , There was a final written test before we left ,.
We did have to do a work place portfolio which had to be posted back to them .
And the tickets came about 6 months or so later.

I know and have worked with a few CECOL lads and they are not gods by any stretch. In fact they did training for yrs and come out of Bircham not even knowing how to base out with out a kicker with very little proper site experience ... All training schemes and courses have their pitfalls and problems and the CISRS scheme is a bit of a joke to be honest but until they withdraw ASRE I am still a scaffolder with a scaffolders card. Qualified to do a job probably a lot better than some of the people that have done 4 weeks at a training centre.

Big fish..... 'Weight times projection over tail W x P/T' Don't know what the f@ck it meant but it stuck in my mind!

I done the ARE course at Erith and we only done the NVQ stuff in the classroom , the rest we where given a drawing put into gangs and told we had x amount of time to do it , there weren't any training given , the instructor would come long and check what you had done, then you would strike it , There was a final written test before we left ,.
We did have to do a work place portfolio which had to be posted back to them .
And the tickets came about 6 months or so later.

It was pretty similar phil but as my previous post,but what constitutes actual training?

And know where back to " Experience V Tickets " i had over 25 years experience under my belt when i done the ARE and really didnt feel that a ticket made me any better or worse of a scaffolder

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

It was pretty similar phil but as my previous post,but what constitutes actual training?

I know what you mean BF ;)

I am always banging on to the NASC and mosley regarding the need to change.Over the last 5 years working as a instructor the CISRS scheme is run as just a cash cow instead of providing good training if i have to be honest.

Big fish..... 'Weight times projection over tail W x P/T' Don't know what the f@ck it meant but it stuck in my mind!

Roughly 3 to 1,ie you'd need a three ton horse to hang a ton,anyway it's not worth bothering your head about because thats a designers job now...........mm,now where did you learn that little titbit lol:laugh:

Some times you have to stand up be count. Scaffolder first instructor second husband when the wife feels like it lol

Instructor has just answered the question. ASRE = sh!t. CISRS training = sh!t. Lets start our own competence scheme it can include videos of your jobs instead of portfolios, instruction in how to blame arse kissers when you get laid off, an industrial section to tell people how to cut a hole in the scaffold for big machine type thingys, a slashers section for London street work where all scaffolds are erected in 3.5 m lifts and tied into tv aerials and gutters....

Instructor,as a qualified instructor,can you deliver courses independently?

That is a very good point Fred , i teach scuba diving and as a PADI instructor i can teach independently anyone i want , as long as i have insurance .

If qualified Scaffold instructors could teach independently then it could up the level and standard of training :wondering:

Thanks Phillio, Same with driving instructors. Next question is,do nasc instuctors only give tickets to people paying for their courses

Again this indapendant stuff he could just wlaking in to a scaffold yard get paid walk out would be better for him not doing any work and better for the firm not losing the lads wouldnt work marra i dont think

n phil av been known to do a bit of diving me sell the ladies call me a 1st class

Top Bottom