can you tell me what lenght a tower stops being a tower

i think flinty nailed it , its gotta be a square , if that square gets bigger its gonna turn into a birdcage , i think , im just a trainee

Correct mate... you know more than most on this thread.. :bigsmile:

wrong a tower can have more than 4 legs,thats put the cat amongst the pidgeons:D and certainly doesnt have to be square !

what if your ladder access is external with a gate at the second lift which is 4m,its a static tower would you do a puncheon or hit the deck with the tube that carries your gate,for fucks sake boys lol ;)

A tower has 4 standards any more than that its either a independant or birdcage

oooooo fuk me toon fc,you carry some poke with me my friend and i respect what your saying,but does that then make the 8ft square tower with a standard hitting the floor to carry the gate an independant or birdcage

A fukin tower the standard you put in for the gate is not part of the structural integrity of the scaffold

would u have a handrail up the outside of that 4m ladder , if so , would it have a cup with bookie pens and and lollys in it

not really,alan reade brought it up before,the definition is certainly not clear,too many well informedd and experienced scaffolders coming to different conclusions,the adding a leg for the gate was a point,2.4m max for a tower,id be tempted to put an extra middle leg on each side especially if its mobile!

saw a clip of an aberdonian and a sheep once in a hotel room , honest , haunted me forever

it would be good to have an answer to this tower question, im fuckin puzzled now:unsure:

Last edited:
i wouldnt fuk an egg !

but you would fuk a chicken dont knwo whats more rong the fact you would fek a chicken or you dont seem to relise that a tower has only 4 standards? how many standards has a ally tower got? ;)

first tower I built wasnt square. 8'x6'.kicker plan braced and wheels. Are you saying thats a mobile independent?:wondering::eek:

**** ally towers , not scaffolding , ****, once worked for a mob building them 6 lifts high then taking a saddle off it , i done 2 days

i didnt think this thread would have any legs , **** me:D

Last edited:
you didnt say it was frozen,,,,marra show me were a tower has to have four standards and i will show you me in the poultry isle at tescos getting all barry white :bigsmile:

and we are surely past it being a square arent we !

Top Bottom