Beams and Part 2's

cala

Reaction score
Should part 2's be allowed to do beam work ?? do they even know what a beam is for ??

Should a part 2 be able to read a drawing?

Goes back to how much value you put on the level of " a ticket " cala ?

experience is everything in this game and not what ticket you got i know advanced scaffolders that shouldn't be let out the lorry ?

Goes back to how much value you put on the level of " a ticket " cala ?

experience is everything in this game and not what ticket you got i know advanced scaffolders that shouldn't be let out the lorry ?

:D:laugh::unsure:

Of course they should, it's not rocket science.

yeah descent part 2 should b allowed a shi ty one nope had a guy work with me asked him 2 turn beam round its upside down he done a fooking helicopter wi the 6m beam could,nt believe it and he was part 2 wi ten years experince wtf :amazed:

well i think that it has a lot to do with the experience they have, i am a part 2 with 15 years experience "can i do beam work!"

I think part 2's should only be allowed to fit handrails, fetch the sarnies and wash the wagon.

You should be able to do it with 2-3 years experience, I know it doesn't always work and I suppose there is beam work and there is beam work but why not, was there a problem at work Cala?

I think part 2's should only be allowed to fit handrails, fetch the sarnies and wash the wagon.

Ohh, it wasn't that long ago Allan666 would have ripped you to bit's for a comment like that.:laugh:

What about the part 2 with 15 years behind him? There is thousands of guys out there that just never got the chance to do the course and as we all know that doesn't make them better.

i havent got a ticket and ive been doin beam work for ages... use your head, nothings hard if you put your mind to it!

Expect A few may have something to say about that:wondering:
cala's comment that is.

Of course they should,if not how are they going to learn,keep an eye on them,and when you're happy let them get on with it,all my lads are let loose on beams long before they go on their advance,you know who's capable and who is'nt,beam's are an integral part of the job,and should be treated as such:cool:

Well said big fish, I think that about covers it.:cool:

yeah descent part 2 should b allowed a shi ty one nope had a guy work with me asked him 2 turn beam round its upside down he done a fooking helicopter wi the 6m beam could,nt believe it and he was part 2 wi ten years experince wtf :amazed:

pmsl.

Top Bottom