these guy are taking the p1ss

I've been on a couple of GKR scaffold jobs last year and I can honestly say that they are a top notch firm, the lads on site knew what they where doing and the supervisors where **** hot. I saw the first version of the tethered fittings then.

Not really practical on a small job but I don't think they have been designed for small jobs more the cantilever drops off buildings such as the Barclays one in London and the shard.

What if you're building a hangar 1000' off a sky scraper that is over a live, main-line train station in Central London.

Just take the risk?

fan protection is the norm in BUSY BUILT UP ENVIROMENTS or even crash decks and netting now seems to be more prevellant.;)
as for the scenario you have described the main contractor would have stipulated what exactly needs to be in place before i get anywhere near putting the first dropper on.IF THESE STUPID FECKING CRAP FITTINGS WHICH ARE TEHTERED TO THE HIGH VIS VEST ARE WHATS REQUIRED I POSE THE QUESTION WHO CERTIFIES THE HI VIS VESTS ARE FIT FOR USE

The only time I can remember dropping fittings was in a controlled manner as close to the wagon as possible.

close to it and not on it amature

I thought the fans were just for show after the tests that showed how they were likely to perform with impact.

I still can't picture how you manage 100% tie off with tube on any job let alone the example set by Phil.

rite the lab attatches a jordan clamp with a chain atatched to the wagon stands it up the man on the first lift ,he a tatches another jordan clamp with a chain to another jordan clamp atatched to the scaffold.the man opn the first life lowers the 20 back down for the lab to take his clamp off. the scaffolder on the first lift then pmps up t the next man the next man ties his clamp on lowers it back down for the first scaffolder totake his clamp off then it get pumped up over and over again lol

I wouldn't have a problem with tethering tube and fittings if it was above an open motorway or something similar.
But I bet some of the dafter MC's start insisting on them on run of the mill jobs very soon.

will never happen i can asure you marra well not wid me it wont

Are yo all erecting properly barricaded drop zones when erecting/dismantling/modifying scaffolds over there?

this would prevent the need for this fitting simples

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

fan protection is the norm in BUSY BUILT UP ENVIROMENTS or even crash decks and netting now seems to be more prevellant.;)
as for the scenario you have described the main contractor would have stipulated what exactly needs to be in place before i get anywhere near putting the first dropper on.IF THESE STUPID FECKING CRAP FITTINGS WHICH ARE TEHTERED TO THE HIGH VIS VEST ARE WHATS REQUIRED I POSE THE QUESTION WHO CERTIFIES THE HI VIS VESTS ARE FIT FOR USE

just gave me another mind hit. how ofent have the lads got hold of a **** doubble whent to put it on and its been **** so threw it . imagine doing this wwith a land yard for it to spring back in the face ahahahah

simply another scheme to make money , complete bollox which is mostly the calibre of make believe scaffolders around today.
Driving all the real scaffs out the game having to abide with rams for the lesser man

@ VLLB...

Or canyi amagine slinging a fecked Barny and forgeting to un-tether it PMSL...

Happy is correct there are many control measures to choose from, however, If Client has wrote it into Policy or a preferred Safe System of Work then it is up to the Tenderer to decide if the extra time consumed installing a component part the Client Spec, will haemorrhage the profit margin...

To be honest, there maybe a place for them in very sensitive and extreme locations...

Pre=Tethering days: we used to cut the telephone cables out of the Offices and secure one end to yer snot and the other too you belt, working over water did not concern us neither did dropping fitting to Neptune Scaffolding but, ti feck wi giving yer snot the salt water test ...happy days...

Will they clip the tubes and boards to your vest too?:wacko:

@ VLLB...

Happy is correct there are many control measures to choose from, however, If Client has wrote it into Policy or a preferred Safe System of Work then it is up to the Tenderer to decide if the extra time consumed installing a component part the Client Spec, will haemorrhage the profit margin...

To be honest, there maybe a place for them in very sensitive and extreme locations...

Pre=Tethering days: we used to cut the telephone cables out of the Offices and secure one end to yer snot and the other too you belt, working over water did not concern us neither did dropping fitting to Neptune Scaffolding but, ti feck wi giving yer snot the salt water test ...happy days...[/

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
@ VLLB...

Pre=Tethering days: we used to cut the telephone cables out of the Offices and secure one end to yer snot and the other too you belt, working over water did not concern us neither did dropping fitting to Neptune Scaffolding but, ti feck wi giving yer snot the salt water test ...happy days...
I had my level tied to an old phone cable for years. Never lost it never dropped it never left it stuck to a tube like the magnetic ones. Got the idea off a Scottish lad called "big jimmy p " top bloke

I feel sorry for any scaff that works for that firm. I was offered work there, but the 100% tethering thing put me off... now I see this gayness... pathetic! I have been told it is a sh*t firm to work for as well.

I love slagging steel erectors for working from cherry pickers and not walking the staeel.I used to pride myself on saying we walk along 2 boards at any height with gear on our shoulders.
I PRAY THERE ARE NO ERECTORS TROLLING THIS FORUM AND SEE THIS AS I FEEL OUR GOOD STRONG MANLY NAME IS JUST ABOUT OVER:cry:

i await the indian erector trolls replys

So what is the verdict on deploying tethered couplers?

It will happen. As you said in an earlier post it depends on what standards people are working at.
Can't see them being used on the street where double handrail or fall protection is only just starting to be used but on prestigious jobs they will become the norm.
Now please answer your phone there's loads of lads waiting for starts in Australia, Singapore and even Thailand

tethered fittings can have a 100% safety factor on some jobs there as been many of times when erecting hangers you will have all come across this scenario before erecting an hanger step 1 barrier the area off with signs
step 2 raise all materials up and store safely
step 3 make your way up to designated work area leaving barriers in place
step 4 start your designated task.
You the gang are working to the rams you have covered your arse.
there is one thing that no one can cover and its killed thousands of people its a little thing called human error what you got to ask yourselves is this its not your competence being judged its the mindless feks who ignore the precautions you have put in place below and all walks of life cut corners every day from running red lights crossing dual carriageways over the barriers human error is part of our every day lives and as for my views on tethered fittings certain jobs yes certain jobs no lets face it who would have thought the first thing to go in on erecting the 2nd lift would be the handrail then fill ur lift in I was dead against this but now use this to my advantage iam not tying myself up in knots with the lanyard everywhere iam working, if you adapt you will move forward with the times if we don't we will be extinct like the scousers ?lol

Top Bottom