these guy are taking the p1ss

The only time I can remember dropping fittings was in a controlled manner as close to the wagon as possible.

I thought the fans were just for show after the tests that showed how they were likely to perform with impact.

I still can't picture how you manage 100% tie off with tube on any job let alone the example set by Phil.

Stone, ye quite right Fiscal penalties will most likely be applied, however, who will take the Derry if that happens, US !, time cost money, will they factor in the extra time involved ???

There are so much innovations kicking around now a Days, its a makrel that the job goes up at all...

I wouldn't have a problem with tethering tube and fittings if it was above an open motorway or something similar.
But I bet some of the dafter MC's start insisting on them on run of the mill jobs very soon.

Sad but probably true.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Are yo all erecting properly barricaded drop zones when erecting/dismantling/modifying scaffolds over there?

Even the smallest street jobs are done on a Sunday with signs and barriers erected. Nobody I know works over the public.

Sad but probably true.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Even the smallest street jobs are done on a Sunday with signs and barriers erected. Nobody I know works over the public.

What about on sites?
Obviously ALL tools and equipment used by ALL workers will have to be tethered.

Are yo all erecting properly barricaded drop zones when erecting/dismantling/modifying scaffolds over there?

Exactly!!! Exclusion zones are the only fail safe measure in my opinion.
Preventative action rather than f@ckin stupid distraction. Another pointless gimmick, they'll try out, write it into the next NASC guidelines then change their mind in SG4:20 or whatever.:mad::mad::mad:

Sites are slightly different from what I see, the risks are not as great on some jobs and turning a manky board on a brickies head is one of the few pleasures left in life. Once a job is complete, sheeted or netted you wouldn't have to teather anything.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Exactly!!! Exclusion zones are the only fail safe measure in my opinion.
Preventative action rather than f@ckin stupid distraction. Another pointless gimmick, they'll try out, write it into the next NASC guidelines then change their mind in SG4:20 or whatever.:mad::mad::mad:

I think Phil is on the wind up to be honest.

The thought had crossed my mind. . .the sad thing is, you genuinely never know these days.

No you don't, which is why he seems to enjoy it so much.

Any1 know of work for two part 2 and part 1 scaffolders from teesside willing to travel uk

Ask in the job section mate. Better chance of getting an answer.

Sadly it will come true.
Some projects in the Gulf already have "all tools and equipment will be secured when working at height" in their SHES plans.
It won't be long before the safety bods have sparkies and welders using tool lanyards. Obviously the scaffs will get it first. This is despite there being drop zones!
Watch this space!

Nah, but every time I hear these daft stories, I think about the poor guy in Holland who got a bit confused about which tube he was clipped to and which to bomb. He chose the wrong one and bombed the one that he was clipped to and died.

It would almost funny if it wasn't so tragic.

If I remember correctly Alastair the poor guy was dismantling a hanger offshore. He had apparently hooked on to something he was stripping. He ended up dropping it and following it into the drink.
It was inexperience and obviously this led to wider use of inertias etc

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

I need some graft ASAP

They need guys in Belfast

Top Bottom