these guy are taking the p1ss

I know i been onto them part 2 only it hard as am part 1 working towards my part 2 :(

I worked on project dragonfly for sgb in 1992 ish and they had lanyards for spanners then, didn't have any lanyards for the harnesses though !

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

We erected a hanger at Stowe school and the advanced Scaff with us hooked onto a copper water pipe with a tap on the end of ot !

Kin-tec are offering 6 weeks on 2 weeks off 600 a day 50 pound a hours 25,200 u make in six weeks but it in nigria

Kin-tec are offering 6 weeks on 2 weeks off 600 a day 50 pound a hours 25,200 u make in six weeks but it in nigria

You will need the Nigerian health & safety test and an umboogoo card to get on that job

If I remember correctly Alastair the poor guy was dismantling a hanger offshore. He had apparently hooked on to something he was stripping. He ended up dropping it and following it into the drink.
It was inexperience and obviously this led to wider use of inertias etc

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

They need guys in Belfast

You may well be right Fred, I remember it as a yard accident but I could be wrong.

What if you're building a hangar 1000' off a sky scraper that is over a live, main-line train station in Central London.

Just take the risk?
Or a really high staircase, maybe even the worlds biggest staircase the world has ever seen ever ! In Algeria for instance !!

Or a really high staircase, maybe even the worlds biggest staircase the world has ever seen ever ! In Algeria for instance !!

Obviously Algeria would be my preference (lifestyle choice)

Failing that, could you give me some info on the Nigeria job, please (I heard that a good few hundred applied)

How many have been chosen?

I'm not sure, six possibly ? Seems like a Sensible figure for operatives when planning a venture abroad. Pity we didn't have any forum members who've done this sort of thing before, even if it only , let's say, help with visas for example.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

What sort of money are they paying on that Nigerian job do you suppose ?

turning a manky board on a brickies head is one of the few pleasures left in life.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyone looking for a visa for Nigeria need look no further. Just pm me your bank details ( debit card and PIN number) and I will have a visa to you within 2 working days.

4655 4699 0401 1988

Pin - 1811
Don't be to hasty giving your details out Phil , I'm sure I read somewhere that a Nigerian bloke was involved in some kind of computer fraud once.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Anyone looking for a visa for Nigeria need look no further. Just pm me your bank details ( debit card and PIN number) and I will have a visa to you within 2 working days.
Two working days you say ? That is tempting

Last edited:
Back to the tethered fittings... What are they tethered too? The scaffs harness
Would this not mean the harness needs to be redesigned to take the extra force of the fitting with a purpose integrated point for the fitting tether to fit to?
The tether point on the fitting would surely need checking regulary, now would this come under the lifting regs ( loler) meaning each fitting would need an individual id and be checked in accordance

Really it's more than a fancy washer on the fittings

turning a manky board on a brickies head is one of the few pleasures left in life.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
That and pulling out putlogs and chipping off the faces of the bricks where they have not left enough room.

The problem is, even if this was intended to be used in those circumstances where a fitting falling could be catastrophic (in examples Phil gives) this still risks being used at 'mundane' level, house-bashers love new rules and regs and silly ideas to add to their rules which we must all follow, because obviously they know more about Scaffolding than we do.

Hi I'm after some tethered putlog ends and brick guards can anyone help me? Cash waiting can collect anywhere in UK as MC insists on it for a contract I'm doing round a garden shed!!

Top Bottom