offshore work??

should of kept us all on standby i bet all the companys will be claiming money for us i know certain companys told stork cape salamis not to pay lads off they were gonna cover the standby wages and geuss what we all got paid off absolute joke they just take the **** out of you

I'm almost certain that's true French, I was on a platform and til I would be in stand by by the oim cos they where receiving compensation for all the man, three weeks later I got down manned. On the letter the reason was that it was due to ongoing helicopter difficulties. I'm writing to the union. I'd love them to get ******!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Auto correct has made me look like a Nigerian prince in that last post :))

There are too few s92s , most are in Norway .If you are downmanned from a platform and are promised standby payments take the OIMs contact number on the platform as said before if the operator is making payments and these payments are not going to the lads they will not be happy . It`s sad that you may have to go down this road but it`s the only way .

So you have the email?? Either post it or its just a rumour you've heard.......

people are treated like sihte where ever ya go ,, its a disgrace these companies bein allowed to take money meant for lads ,, its fcukin theivin , worse than banks

you know the crack lads ***** isn it but what can you do people dont stick together anymore to many people with 50 faces about

would,nt know how to post it. dont spend half my life on the computer slagging bits of info off. its right what cozzy put the other nite any one comes on with any thing usefull or not it gets a good slagging.

I can't stand people like you. Met them all over the North Sea. Making up ******** cos you're scared someone will take your job. Prove me wrong, post the email and I will apologise. All you ever get offshore is fukin rumours about everything, it's horrible!!!!!

Hi,

If there are any scaffolders out their with offshore tickets plus IRATA 1,2,or 3 please give me a call on 01923 470 770 job come up few months work excellent rates.

Last edited:
Peachy can you give an explanation why you need scaffolders with Rope access tickets? Guys spend alot of money and time getting their CISRS cards and it never seems to be enough! Are you looking for scaffolders or Rope access technicians?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Also is it true this job doesn't start for 4 weeks? Seems like your looking for boys for an immediate start......

hi jmo,

I need them with the irata because its one of our clients requirements for the job. the job will be starting shortly i am trying to find guys avaliable and would be interested in the job with the relevant tickets.

What I'm saying here is does your client understand you don't need rope access tickets to build a scaffold. I understand this is your first scaffold contract offshore so I'm just wondering if it would be worth your whole asking the client to change his requirement as there are not alot of scaffolders with rope access tickets. Ropes boys take jobs away from scaffs lol

You're obviously struggling to get boys with those tickets mate.....

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

While*

Hi Jmo,

This is not my first scaffolding contract, and i have qualified exactly what my contractor needs and wants. With regards interest i have managed to find over 25 with these tickets but i have a requirment for up to 300 as they are building a new platform from scratch.

I understand you dont have the relevant tickets, but if i am looking for a standard scaffolder in the near future i will keep you in mind.

Strange that seeing as I spent 40 minutes on the phone to one of your boys the other day telling him most of the requirements for an offshore scaffolder. 25/300 doesn't look good for you mate.....

As for keeping me in mind that's ok mate mate, I'll stick to working for salamis. They actually know what the rate is and what a vantage card is and what a mist is. Strange your co workers don't seem to know that standard stuff for offshore scaffolder contracts.

Anyway buddy, good luck finding them men, wish you all the best :)

Top Bottom