Ecitb scaffs tkt

stewart do you think its time to ask all forum and sccr members to email this crackpot HARDACRE??shall we organise a time date and generic statement so we can mass email him??this highly paid individual is ducking this issue and i think its time we took some sort of action i think 100 emails will make him take notice.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

i love it to be a 1000 though.

I have already asked anyone who has or had an ECITB ticket to write an e-mail to Tom Hardacre. This was posted on the SCCR thread, Facebook & the SCCR web site. Was going to get it put on Scaff Mag but so far they have not seen fit to show the ECITB issue in the right light!! So I didn't bother.

"Any Unite members can write or e-mail Tom Hardacre & ask him the following.

1/ Why did the union not agree a deal for the ECITB membership to gain assessed route of access into the CISRS scheme?

2/ Why is a union representative named as a scheme owner of the CISRS scheme?

3/ What is the point of an extra year with a ticket that has been made usless by this action & no funding available to transfer to the CISRS scheme form trainee stage?

4/ Why won't you talk with the SCCR?

Regards Stewart Quinney
SCCR
Chairman"

So far he has only answered T.Animal which was posted on this thread. Any forum or SCCR member is welcome to do the same.

If you need it PM me then I can't be accused of any data protection I am then only passing on a contact for personal reasons. ;)

This is the content posted on the SCCR thread. Below you will see an answer to the questions T.Animal sent. Then below is the last e-mail I sent the bold & underlined is my comments but to Mr Hardacre on his answers. As yet no reply.

Latest e-mail to Union.

Dear Mr Tom Hardacre,

Please find some of the following information in referance to contact made to you over the past few months.

E-mail 12/9/10

"Dear Mr Hardacre,

I am contacting you in regards the ECITB scaffolders who are members of the SCCR.

First I wish to introduce myself, my name is Stewart Quinney, I am the founding member for the SCCR (Scaffolders, Confederation for Consultation Rights).

We were set up with the following as main issues, the ECITB, Health & Safety restrictions & poor training in the industry.

I have been passed a copy of a letter you sent to Ian Harris amongst other documents in regards the ECITB issue. There have been quite a few references to a deal that was supposed to be done to protect the earnings of the ECITB scaffolders in respect of a training card. I have contacted the ECITB, NASC, CISRS, CITB & a couple of MPs. So far they all seem to be happy that these guys with years of experience have been cast aside. They are all happy with the CISRS doing their own thing without consultation in any way.

Have you heard anything back in regards this matter. I have tried contacting David Edwards with no reply & Nigel Spencer has washed his hands of the situation & said we need to go to the Joint Council as the Unions made a deal!

I look forward to any comments on the above.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR
"
E-mail sent 6/12/10

"Dear Mr Hardacre,

I have tried on several occasions to contact you in regards the ECITB scaffolders card.

Mr Jock Simpson of the National Joint Council suggested I contacted you in relation to the meeting held at his office on the 7th October. He said you would be able to send me a copy of the minutes of this meeting.

One of our members who is also a member of the Union has informed me today that he has had a letter stating his ticket is now valid till next year 2011 can you please comment on this & let me know what the plan is with regards this ticket. I have also contacted the ECITB in regards these issues.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR

Correspondence is available to the membership of the SCCR"

I have been asked some of our members to contact you direct & ask these questions, and see if i can get a reply to the problem,

1/ Why did the union not agree a deal for the ECITB membership to gain assessed route of access into the CISRS scheme?

2/ Why is a union representative named as a scheme owner of the CISRS scheme?

3/ What is the point of an extra year with a ticket that has been made useless by this action & no funding available to transfer to the CISRS scheme from trainee stage?

4/ Why won't you talk with the SCCR?

I know you have replyed to one member as follows.

, 02 Jan

Q1
The question seems to imply a "deal" at some time was offered to the union, to my knowledge no "deal" was ever offered. ( I need some clarity) Please also note CISRS well not accept the assessment route for competency, has I have explained to you in previously. What was the role of the Union in relation to workers losing their livelihood by this action. Why was there not a deal in place when the decision was made to remove the ECITB scaffolders card. You have members that have 20 years experience how can they be put back to trainee? The Industry needs skills to stay in its ranks not be pushed out!! I have been informed by a source at the ECITB that an offer was made around the time the ASRE was extended. If CISRS are not accepting the ASRE as competency then about another 8-10,000 scaffolders will be affected by this!!

Q2
The latest CISRS pamphlet on the website names both Alan Ritchie and Bob Blackman as "scheme owners". This is merely a term used to imply an endorsement of the scheme rather than literal ownership, as CISRS is part of the CSCS scheme. Why would the Union endorse a scheme that is not helping all its members & is a record scheme?

Q3
This is merely an attempt to help scaffolders get onto the CISRS scheme by giving additional time to enrol. Now this is two years late in sorting how will your members get funding to spend 2-4 years training to get the ticket they had under the ECITB?

Q4
I need to know what you believe SCCR is and are/will be able to achieve?. I am also not sure who SCCR are and I have not been able to locate them on line. Info is contained in all the e-mails sent to you & Jenny Parker & left messages with your office when I phoned & contained in the two letters I sent in relation to wanting to attend the October 7th meeting.

Look forward to talking with you.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman
SCCR

SENT ON THE 4th JANUARY

Correspondence is available to the membership of the SCCR

--
sccr@sky.com Welcome to The SCCR

ragscaff

No word from Tom H this end either and this from the Union Leader

He never writes :love: he never phones :cry: he takes the Union Fee's through :p

"WHO WILL BE NEXT" that the pertinant quote here EASY answer US.US if we stand divided as we always have US if we aimlessly carry on the way we have,but if we join together as one voice one body then it MAYBE wont be US,to start this we must have answers from mr hardacre or his organisation who have shown a near intolerable level of ignorance towards SCCR-FORUM and UNION members with his non-reply.the start of the recovery lies with the EICTB issue.

That is the SCCR mate, we are on it,however we need support.

tom.hardacre@unitetheunion.org

witches were stoned in old days not emailed.. send them registered post.. he carnt hide then....

Letter recieved today from damian collins mp for house of commons.....
Dear mr dico
thank you for email about the need for you to take up an nvq course for the cisrs (construction industry scaffolders records scheme).
I do of course have sympathy with your predicament. Unfortunately the cisrs sheme is the only reconigned training scheme in the industry and is acknowledged as the definitive qualifiation for anyone working in or around the scaffolding sector.
It is essential that scaffolders hold the cisrs card so that they are instantly recongnised as complying with industry standards, best practice guidence and regulations. employers will not take on scaffolders who do not hold this card.if you wish to find out more about the courses being offered, please call the cisrs hotline on 08448157223. Courses are held over 2 consecutive days and includes a minimum of 12 hours tuition, practical exercises and examination.i am sorry i can not help you but trust the information i have supplied will be of some assistance for the future.
Yours sincerely
damian collins mp

once ragscaff sccr address is up and running ill send a copy.

this was sent back in summer last year although damian collins was good enough to reply he got hes facts wronge at least he replys unlike tom at unite!!

you have 12 months and the time is ticking..

assessed route was assessment and not training . simple answer is same should apply on this matter to basic part 2 course.no need to do part 1 if assessed as all theory is re covered in part 2 anyway.

Last edited:
ragscaff sent him another email last year and ask for hes support but with no joy otherwise ragscaff would of posted it on the forum i would love 10 minutes with camron
dont think he would ave any of this b!lls!it countrys in enough state without makeing more people unemployed

Last year the forum didn't have 5000 members all potential voters try him again.
Draft an e-mail and we'll all send it.

As far as we are aware none of them are, CSCS is part of Construction Skills a government body, CISRS is owned by Employer Representatives and Employee Representatives, it all shown on the inside cover page of the CISRS general information booklet CAP 609, it is uploaded onto an earlier thread.

It states the NASC (not for profit again) represent the employers side of the CIJC, the employees are represented by UNITE the trade union.

The CIJC delegate the management and admin of the scheme to the NASC.

January 2008
Scheme Owners
Gerry Lean Alan Ritchie Robert Blackman
Employers’ Operatives’ Operatives’
Secretary Secretary Secretary

Alan Ritchie, General Secretary of UCATT has raised concerns regarding Contreversial plans to privatise the ConstructionSkills training agency. This is taken from 'Building Worker' New year 2011. the official UCATT Magazine, and wrote in my words.

News broke in October that the Government wanted to sell off Construction Skills when a list of Quangoes to be abolished,merged or privatised was published.

ConstructionSkills is the commercial name used by the CITB, the sector skills council (LSC) that provides training for the Construction industry.

" The training body is already very heavily employer-dominated" says UCATT.

UCATT General Secretary Ritchie said "The proposal that ConstuctionSkill should be privatised is utter lunacy". Ritchie, added, "Regrettably ConstructionSkills has repeatedly attempted to water down training in the short term interests of Employers but to the detriment of the longer term interests of of apprentices and the Industry".

Saying one thing , while not stating he is part of the agency, is hiding behind mantle he should not. I know you,s know i am a Union man, However, how easy is it to blame the Government?

How many other major Trade Unions have there sticky fingers in nice lucrative Pies:eek:

Paddy

has anybody got any old versions of the WAH regs prior to 2005.. the older the better.. send me the links please..

this was sent back in summer last year although damian collins was good enough to reply he got hes facts wronge at least he replys unlike tom at unite!!

I wrote to Damian Collins no response, I have also written to the CITB for input again no answer. " letters 3 e-mails & one phone call. Mr John Pegg.

He sits on the ASITO Access & Scaffolding Industry Training Forum.

Guess who is Chairman: Mr Bob Whincap
Guess who is the training Officer Mr David Mosley
Team Contact John Pegg.

The SCCR has asked for an invite onto this forum. ASITO is made up of representatives of the NASC, the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), the Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS), employee representatives from TGWU and UCATT and the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC). The aim of the Group is to develop training to meet the needs of the industry.

Need I say any more!!

Stewart

No wonder Garry Adams and myselfs proposal or even reading of our combined 'STOIC' Document, was never ever recieved by anyone,anywhere or anyplace.

Aye Paddy M8

We'v been kickin at the Door for a while eh marra, but, there are 5000 of us now, perhaps we will get an answer soon.

two old war horses eh---nae quite ready for the knacker's yard yet though, there is still work to do eh---come on Lads get yer kickin boots on...

fae yer Pal in the North...

has anybody got any old versions of the WAH regs prior to 2005.. the older the better.. send me the links please..

Steve there was no work at height regs prior to 2005 it was CHSWR regs 1996

Steve there was no work at height regs prior to 2005 it was CHSWR regs 1996

would you forward me them you have my email Ian..need to check on something.. yes im digging..

What was it prior to the health safety and welfare regs 1996 my heads gone blank.

Last edited:
would you forward me them you have my email Ian..need to check on something.. yes im digging..

What was it prior to the health safety and welfare regs 1996 my heads gone blank.

Just out of the country it was the construction working places 1966

Top Bottom