Ecitb scaffs tkt

Ian, i think that was why the ass route was abolished? i once had an ecitb adv card and a basic cisrs, then in 1999 approx, i and hundreds of other scaffs were told ECITB was getting took away (street work only i believe), i also fancied a spell offshore so i took the ass route as i had to pay for it myself and couldnt afford the 2 week off work to pay for the full course (with training,:laugh:)
So i think that the WAH 2005 didn't come into it then, similar to grandfather rights, some of them older boys havnt got an NVQ but they still have adv cards,
I think it is all about timing, similar to driving a 7 ton wagon etc etc.
No doubt i will be corrected if i am wrong, but thats my take on it.

But the facts are there no training, so neither comply with the work at height regs. Have we been sold an inadequate course and been provided with a card that isn't worth ****

How many CISRS card holders is there that did the assessed route of entry.. So i take it that CISRS is going to re-emburse these companies for the money that that has been spent over the years as this was false information.

Surely the training centre's should carry some blame aswell as most of them sit on the ASITO committee...

Last edited:
They all knew the ECITB issue then make the same mistake again someone needs to hold their hands up

So who is accountable for the losses that is about to incured if these cards are removed ?

Think legal advice should be placed on here on this one with CISRS giving a full written explanation also if they keep the cards then why arnt they breaking the law under the working at height regs 2005. Which clearly states TRAINED and COMPETENT. Dont give me grandfather rights crap either.. We have been told numourous times that grandfather rights do not exsist.

It CARNT be 1 rule for 1 and 1 rule for another. Something has to go.

So who is accountable for the losses that is about to incured if these cards are removed ?

Think legal advice should be placed on here on this one with CISRS giving a full written explanation also if they keep the cards then why arnt they breaking the law under the working at height regs 2005. Which clearly states TRAINED and COMPETENT. Dont give me grandfather rights crap either.. We have been told numourous times that grandfather rights do not exsist.

It CARNT be 1 rule for 1 and 1 rule for another. Something has to go.

/QUOTE]

Who said the cards are going to be removed?
who told you grandfather rights dont exist? they do mate thats a fact, ive worked with loads of scaffs with them.
I will say it again, i think its about timing, ive never been taught how to drive a 7.5 ton wagon, but i can legally.
this ones going to get tasty:nuts:

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I think Ian has done this on purpose for friday night fight night;)

[/COLOR]I think Ian has done this on purpose for friday night fight night;)[/QUOTE]
:D:D:D

jakdan

Regarding Grandfathers Rights: I had a meeting with David Mosely in Aberdeen four years ago, among other items, I asked him about Grandfathers Rights, he told me that Grandfathers Rights were now defuncked and that EVERYONE would have to be a card carrying Scaffolder...

Gar...

jakdan

Regarding Grandfathers Rights: I had a meeting with David Mosely in Aberdeen four years ago, among other items, I asked him about Grandfathers Rights, he told me that Grandfathers Rights were now defuncked and that EVERYONE would have to be a card carrying Scaffolder...

Gar...

yeh Garry i understand that they are defunked, what i was trying to say was that all the old scaffs with gold cards and no NVQ got them through the grandfather rights when the old CITB cards were exchanged, most of these boys didnt have any"TRAINING" but their cards are still valid.
confused? wait till i have a few shandy's:laugh:

jakdan

Sincere apologies Buds, I'm still working off a Basic Card from 1978 :eek:, I have revalidated it over the years next revalidation is March this year...

Garry...

Ian, i think that was why the ass route was abolished? i once had an ecitb adv card and a basic cisrs, then in 1999 approx, i and hundreds of other scaffs were told ECITB was getting took away (street work only i believe), i also fancied a spell offshore so i took the ass route as i had to pay for it myself and couldnt afford the 2 week off work to pay for the full course (with training,:laugh:)
So i think that the WAH 2005 didn't come into it then, similar to grandfather rights, some of them older boys havnt got an NVQ but they still have adv cards,
I think it is all about timing, similar to driving a 7 ton wagon etc etc.
No doubt i will be corrected if i am wrong, but thats my take on it.

its a load of olde b!llocks jakdan i would quiet happy give my 7 ton grandfathers rights for a valid scaffold card ecitb scaffolders may of been aware on the streets but in the indusrial sector its only come to light the last year or so well iam 46 next week and theres no way iam going back to collage
luckly ive been working as a compertent person for the national grid as my tickets are valid but my ecitb hasent been worth a w!nk iam getting my work history together for the last 24 years and the next stop for me is court or perhaps a phone call to the sun news paper we can all scaffold in a competent manor so why is this still such an issue iam one of ther lucky ones
ive got good contacts but why should i and others have to rely on contacts
these tickets should warrent as much clout as cisrs its fooking discusting
the way scaffolders have been treated:mad:

Talking to the MD of a training centre today dico and he had pretty much the same opinion

its pretty much everyones opinion ian too many brown envelopes changing hands!!!!!

Yes Dico, i totally agree its a load of old bolllocks, 24 year and cant scaffold unless you have been trained by someone doing it for 10/15 year (and no that is not a pop at the instructors).
Best of luck in the courts mate.

Yes and then to told by a high NASC member that " it clearly was the unions who sold everybody down the river.." BUT YET YOU KEEP PAYING YOUR SUBS....

so what do they do put him charge of CISRS was a classic....

Last edited:
Yes Dico, i totally agree its a load of old bolllocks, 24 year and cant scaffold unless you have been trained by someone doing it for 10/15 year (and no that is not a pop at the instructors).
Best of luck in the courts mate.

all instructors are on the ecitb scaffolders side jakdan so they no where your
comeing from mate exspecially uncle gregory 24 years got to be beter than a ten day course what makes me laugh some ecitb scaffolders i no have been put through the course by there employee the reason they havent moaned because it hasent cost them nothing 8 hours a day and a company car to the test centre at great exspence through lost hours to the company these lads moaned like fook last year its a case of iam alright jack fook you i even had one ring me last week and said whats this extra year we got i might not do my part 2 and hasent done fook all to help this ticket just letting the sccr and the forum members do the work for them :mad:

Top Bottom