Who invented the scaff step

I'm intrigued by the whole thing AOM.....Funny enough I been questioning H/S about plasterers using stilts, as theyre working higher than scaff steps in a lot of cases..as usual had a big blank to date, Ever see a plasterer doing a ceiling with a hard hat on or harness????

HSE did give one site I was on an advisory for joiners plating out a ceiling. I think they bought a few podiums for the boy's. Most hse men I've met won't give you a hard time as long as your seen working reasonably safe. They want to improve site safety through education and wont shut you down for a few misdemeanour's. It's the legal eagles that will hang you out to dry if it goes wrong.

As usual you make some good points mate. I was a plasterer in a former life,like scaffolding I still keep my hand in. Those trowels are like razors,Tripped over once a long time ago,trowel turned in on my wrist and slices through a vein,coulda been worse.
Point is..scaffs seem to get the raw end of deal...plasterers on stilts carrying double edge razors..know what I mean!! Hemping over h.rails off a scaffstep,havnt seen that one yet either.

Yeah, I do know what you mean, the hemping over hand rails is a pain in the nuts, quite literally. The scaffold safety zone means the rail has to extend 1m past the point of work or I would be sorely tempted to slide a temp rail just above the fixed height hook on hemp standard and slide it back in place to continue working.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Doing it off a step is not recommended.

Top Bottom