Which Association should I trust and follow?

Daniel Craig the actor lived there but moved away when he was 4.

Just heard from a showbiz insider that Bob Carolgees (not his real name) and Cilla Black (not her real name) were in Barbados to film a one off special of the hit television series Surprise Surprise. Apparently the set up was that a well known London scaffolding manager would think he had gone to Barbados for a quiet Xmas family holiday. Bob and Cilla would then bump into him in a bar and Bob would ask him to play a round of golf. The surprise would be that on the 18th green SF Admin, Roger Nutkins and Themaster would jump out and award him a coveted moderators badge. Hope I havent spoilt it for millions of viewers?

Haha!!!

No point in joining the SCCR unless you want to put something back in. Chas is acceptable to get you on most jobs if that's all you want.

You'll find a lot of SCCR members on here, the NASC don't really say much on here. When AOM is on he'll be the best man to advise you on them. I can tell you now though that if you want to apply to join the NASC it'll cost you a lot of money and there are criteria you have to meet.

The SCCR is run entirely by scaffolders or those directly in the industry. In my sig there's a link to the website if you want some more info, but as Swifty says it's more about putting effort in, and getting your voice behind the SCCR to move the industry in the right direction rather than you getting loads of benefits from joining.

The others I don't know sorry.

What do you hope to achieve by joining a association rachet ?
Have you lost work because you are not a member of a association ?

They will all cost you money that might be better spent on kit
Some of them will send your competition to audit your yard and jobs

If your getting enough work to run 3 gangs and 3 lorry's you seem to be doing well the way you are mate ;)

And to join the NASC you will need to be audited by a nearby member/competitor who will want access to your accounts and quotes.
And then he will probably turn you down because you can't find the drawing for your racks.

Maybe us " Old Moaners " have been around the block a couple of times and know exactly what these associations have to offer ,
Personally i tend to look at things regards my company and look at what the benefits against the cost are.
If i was loosing work because i was not a member of the " old boys brigade " the i might decide to join.
The NASC will charge you a fortune to join , send your local competition to audit your yard and books then decline you membership for some silly reason .
We have all seen the photos on here of so called Elite NASC members breaking every rule they proclaim to adhere to.

All i was trying to say was maybe your money might be better spent on other things to help your company grow , but each to his own.

Have To Agree With Phil On This Im Way To Small To Join Any Of The Associations Like Nasc, So I Cant Price Work For A Lot Of Companies, In My Fathers Time That Was Called A Cartel, Or In My Time A Bosses Price Ring.

I respect what everyone of you has said but none of you have actually given proper reasons. I'm starting to wonder if I'm at the wrong place or if I've entered an old fashioned tap room full of moaning oldies when infact the scaffolders who I know are quite highly intelligent people.

With respect, I think you should be clued up on the SCCR now as you have heard from members and been given the website. It won't cost you much, it probably won't get you any extra work or cure you of indigestion, but the chance to get your voice heard and try move the industry in the right direction. Join the SCCR if you think "I'm sick of stupid rules, bully boy tactics and trying to work with my hands tied behind my back".

People have given their opinions on the NASC, and what you might expect if you apply. You might have to wait a bit more for AOM to give you his feedback on them as he is a member (think he's in the North Sea on his jetski)

The other ones are obviously very little known.

i know 2 firms that are nasc registered big firms that can splash the cash for jobs but they both say its a ball ache all the regs that they have to follow but when the contracts come to millions this is what buys the jobs with the client. for the everyday day scaffold firms that deal in hundreds and the top end of thosands why bother it will cost you in the long run

I respect what everyone of you has said but none of you have actually given proper reasons. I'm starting to wonder if I'm at the wrong place or if I've entered an old fashioned tap room full of moaning oldies when infact the scaffolders who I know are quite highly intelligent people.

If you were as intelligent as your scaffolders you wouldn't need to ask.;)

I am, but unfortunately I didn't.

I did however meet Cilla Black in a restaurant and, believe it or not, play a round of golf with Bob Carolgees!

How is Spit the dog?

Unfortunately The Scaffolding Association did not get off the ground. The so called founding member realised that his "Emperors New Clothes" venture, wouldn't make him rich after all. Therefore he decided not to go ahead with it......he managed to enhance his personal profile though, resulting in his H&S consultancy company being nice & busy now, thank you very much!!:eek::D

A total waste of many people's time & all pie in the sky I am afraid gents!

Unfortunately The Scaffolding Association did not get off the ground. The so called founding member realised that his "Emperors New Clothes" venture, wouldn't make him rich after all. Therefore he decided not to go ahead with it......he managed to enhance his personal profile though, resulting in his H&S consultancy company being nice & busy now, thank you very much!!:eek::D

A total waste of many people's time & all pie in the sky I am afraid gents!

It was all for money? Pretty sure that idea is already being successfully pursued. It would never have worked.

Top Bottom