Where has the Quality Scaffs thread gone?

I'll be very interested to see how this evolves.

Personally I think that a lot of people have stopped visiting the forum due to the small minority who think that they can dictate to the silent majority to suit their little agendas and inflated egos. Laughably, these are often the same people who talk of brotherhoods and unions, 'sticking together' etc.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see if the decent thing is done and the original thread restored. If not, I suppose there's always Facebook instead...

phil & hswt i whole hartedly agree 100% with everything you are saying - after only being on here for a short time i'm losing intrest in the forum due to both childish nonsence and drivel from certain posters who post for the sake of it rather than be helpfll -this isnt the first or will be the last time that jason has had a thread removed cos he doesnt like to be slated, as a very over opinionated person,constantly updating utube,twitter and other medias than he must understand its a double edged sword and you can fall on the blade as easy as using it on someone else - as someone previously having worked in algers i left several detailed replys to assist both the guys going and any further potential workers, which now down to his over-inflated ego will not be able to viewed,shame really, weather u agree with my threads or not should not be a reason to stop others from seeing them

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

the thread was turning into you were the man to see about the job , jason, dont blame you , fuckin right

it was going that way cos thats wha tjason liked - giving the impression that the whole deployment was about him, didnt you notice the other guys who were going rarely posted on it - to the more experianced guys going it was no big deal really just doing up nuts and bolts in the sun -

Jason, this is not about Algeria, the people going to Algeria, Cape East, or whether a thread has become boring and pointless.
This is about how the minority can dictate what the majority can see and read.
This is not about YOU it is about basic freedoms that my father and grandfather fought and died for and our men in the armed forces are still fighting and dying for.
If you are a working class man with working class principles you will understand this. Freedom of speech and information are the principles on which our country rely. Once they are taken away we become like North Korea.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

I am pleased to provoke such a discussion.
Maybe just maybe the working man still cares about principles and rights rather than just himself and cold hard cash.
Interesting insight into peoples characters from the replies on this thread. Easy to see the ones with inflated egos for whom life is all about self self self. Fantastic!!

Other threads have been removed in the past, have they not?
What is the difference with this one?

Oh thats right... because YOU was having fun, taking the piss out of morons who kept asking the same boring question, over and other.

Its not funny for me, when not only am i one of the ones going - with all and sundry going on and on about the job, im also getting stupid mails off silly people, asking for me to take them along with me = AFTER YOU TOLD THEM THAT IM THE ONE TO SPEAK TO ABOUT THIS JOB - dont say you didnt, because i f.ucking saw the posts you made...

If your bored under your little palm tree, i suggest you take up waterskiing or something and STOP moaning because 1 silly spam thread that had run its course and become a joke was removed.

Or better still, restart the thread and you and the other numpties here, complaining about it being removed can spam till your hearts content.

Im, personally get sick of the non-sense over this thing and so are ALOT OF OTHERS HERE.
Your making a mountain out of a molehill, simple as that.

Whats done is done Fred.
Get over it.

phil & hswt i whole hartedly agree 100% with everything you are saying - after only being on here for a short time i'm losing intrest in the forum due to both childish nonsence and drivel from certain posters who post for the sake of it rather than be helpfll -this isnt the first or will be the last time that jason has had a thread removed cos he doesnt like to be slated, as a very over opinionated person,constantly updating utube,twitter and other medias than he must understand its a double edged sword and you can fall on the blade as easy as using it on someone else - as someone previously having worked in algers i left several detailed replys to assist both the guys going and any further potential workers, which now down to his over-inflated ego will not be able to viewed,shame really, weather u agree with my threads or not should not be a reason to stop others from seeing them

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

it was going that way cos thats wha tjason liked - giving the impression that the whole deployment was about him, didnt you notice the other guys who were going rarely posted on it - to the more experianced guys going it was no big deal really just doing up nuts and bolts in the sun -

I havent agreed with everything you have said in the past hotspanner but this time you are bang on the money.
If you live by the sword you have to be prepared to die by the sword.
I refer my learned colleagues to another post called Real Scaffs where I said that real scaffs can take it as well as dish it out.
I rest my case and will retire to my palm trees and build my house in a tropical paradise.
I thank you one and all you have entertained me greatly especially the desktop scaffs and internet warriors.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Other threads have been removed in the past, have they not?
What is the difference with this one?

Oh thats right... because YOU was having fun, taking the piss out of morons who kept asking the same boring question, over and other.

Its not funny for me, when not only am i one of the ones going - with all and sundry going on and on about the job, im also getting stupid mails off silly people, asking for me to take them along with me = AFTER YOU TOLD THEM THAT IM THE ONE TO SPEAK TO ABOUT THIS JOB - dont say you didnt, because i f.ucking saw the posts you made...

If your bored under your little palm tree, i suggest you take up waterskiing or something and STOP moaning because 1 silly spam thread that had run its course and become a joke was removed.

Or better still, restart the thread and you and the other numpties here, complaining about it being removed can spam till your hearts content.

Im, personally get sick of the non-sense over this thing and so are ALOT OF OTHERS HERE.
Your making a mountain out of a molehill, simple as that.

Whats done is done Fred.
Get over it.

PS See what I mean about over inflated egos??

Fine... i like you Fred. You know that...
So im going to gracefully back down and say: "Hey, your completely right and im wrong"

Happy now?
Im sick of going over the same old shiite every day.
Lets just agree to disagree shall we?

Fine... i like you Fred. You know that...
So im going to gracefully back down and say: "Hey, your completely right and im wrong"

Happy now?
Im sick of going over the same old shiite every day.
Lets just agree to disagree shall we?

Dont you actually read anything I have written Jason? This is NOT about you, me , whose right, whos wrong, whos going to Algeria, whos going to Accrington.
This is about freedom of people to view and say what they think AND to read and comment on other peoples opinions and views.
This is not about YOU its about FREEDOM OF INFORMATION.

Fine. Ok.
Im out, im finished... this squabble for me is over...

I sent you a PM.

**** what a read , i was reading a book on the train about ze germans looking for important **** after the war , finding inner earth an stuff like that , but it's nothing compared to this , ive just burnt ma fuckin dinner as well , i hope this doesnt result in regular members not posting as that would be detrimental to the site and well , ****.

couldnt give a flying but i for 1 beleive in the democracy and what i beleive to be GREAT BRITISH principles and that is the basis of free speach :eek:if people who dont want unwanted PMs e-mails etc dont make your details open to the world.i live a private life in the world wide web to the extent that i beleive is necessary it may prove a hindrance but as a scaffolder it hasnt held me back ;)

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

quality scaffs required/call me what you want but have you ever heard of a good job especially abroad looking for QUALITY SCAFFS advertised,any good jobs needing quality scaffs would normally be taken up by people in the know,and also taken up by guys who have worked abroad or at least away from home in simillar contracts.
there also seem to be problems with this job IE lenght its taking to come about etc or is it just me

Happyhugenoet you have raised a very interesting point in this long running saga.
I personally have never found overseas work through the medium of an internet forum. You are correct when saying such work comes through contacts, having been recommended by someone or headhunted by a company or contractor.

Whilst working for Cape I was told by head office on several occasions that it was the HR departments remit to recruit and employ scaffolders and that it was my job to manage them. It was only after much discussion and myself pointing out that managing unsuitable recruits was a problem, was I actually allowed to take part in the selection process.
After your comments I am now wondering why a multi-national industrial services company would choose to use any internet forum instead of utilising the large and expensive HR facilities at their disposal worldwide.
Why would they not ask or select candidates form their branches in the Middle East or Philippines? Before people jump down on my throat with the old "cos Brit scaffolders are the best in the world and the rest are 2bob" argument. This would not stand well with Capes training policys and certification schemes that they currently use. It would be embarrassing for their training department to have to admit that the trainees whom they were issuing identical qualifications and deploying worldwide were not actually up to the same standard.
If indeed this was the case I am sure that Capes HR in the UK are inundated with CVs and requests for employment daily. Why did they not use this avenue to recruit?

As Alice said " curiouser and curiouser".
Apologies if I ruffle anyones sensitive feathers with these comments but it was a bit choppy for waterskiing today.

Happyhugenoet you have raised a very interesting point in this long running saga.
I personally have never found overseas work through the medium of an internet forum. You are correct when saying such work comes through contacts, having been recommended by someone or headhunted by a company or contractor.

Whilst working for Cape I was told by head office on several occasions that it was the HR departments remit to recruit and employ scaffolders and that it was my job to manage them. It was only after much discussion and myself pointing out that managing unsuitable recruits was a problem, was I actually allowed to take part in the selection process.
After your comments I am now wondering why a multi-national industrial services company would choose to use any internet forum instead of utilising the large and expensive HR facilities at their disposal worldwide.
Why would they not ask or select candidates form their branches in the Middle East or Philippines? Before people jump down on my throat with the old "cos Brit scaffolders are the best in the world and the rest are 2bob" argument. This would not stand well with Capes training policys and certification schemes that they currently use. It would be embarrassing for their training department to have to admit that the trainees whom they were issuing identical qualifications and deploying worldwide were not actually up to the same standard.
If indeed this was the case I am sure that Capes HR in the UK are inundated with CVs and requests for employment daily. Why did they not use this avenue to recruit?

As Alice said " curiouser and curiouser".
Apologies if I ruffle anyones sensitive feathers with these comments but it was a bit choppy for waterskiing today.

You've only said what everyone else is thinking, mate...

from what i know rbg had this job for a couple of years,if indeed it is the same job and lost it to Cape.The Scaffolders from britain were there to teach/show the locals how to erect in a hands on fashion.The job as advertised seems to be more of a panic to get the job completed.They guy i knew who was on it never had any issues regarding safety etc but the heat especially now that the lads are due to mobilise will be an issue in my opinion.I am also a wee bit suspicious of the fact that this was done via the forum but best of british to all who go you never know it might be cracker.
ive always said the grass is always greener but then again its the fwcking sahara desert you are going to so thats that one fecked :eek:

Top Bottom