What is going on !!!

R

ragscaff

My company quoted a job for Nationwide Bank. Sunday & a fall back of a couple of mornings. £1600. Price yop end for the area!!!!!!

They can only use a NASC firm.

How much have they got to pay for this?

Ragscaff

Takes the **** ended up on a site for a two bob outfit " thomas vale " last week had all sorts of problem same thing

My company quoted a job for Nationwide Bank. Sunday & a fall back of a couple of mornings. £1600. Price yop end for the area!!!!!!

They can only use a NASC firm.

How much have they got to pay for this?

Ragscaff

So what you're saying is that you want to do a cheap job, whilst working outside of any recognised audit process, and undercut your rivals who comply with a simple recognised industry standard. And you are moaning about it???

Shame on you.

It's people like you who are killing our industry!

Maybe if there were more clients like Nationwide, then scaffold contractors wouldn't be forced to pay ****-poor wages because of firms like yours.

This could be interesting.

I have found in many countries that companies that don't recognise industry standards are able to undercut those that do because their costs are so much lower.
Thankfully the major contractors in some countries are insisting that companies are qualified to undertake the work because they provide training, decent accomodation etc. Those that dont are not even considered.
If clients insist that only CISRS card holders are used them so be it. It is their project and they can set the required standards.

I always thought SCCR members were affiliated to the NASC and were trying to make changes from within?

What is going on !!!!

Last edited:
am i getting this right after all the complaints that have been made over the last few years about the rates being eroded is there a possible change in direction and the lowast price doesnt always win.
I dont see the issue surely higher prices mean more cash flowing down to the grafters.
if the competition is on a shiit rate then i could see the issue,if not then surely the main contractor/client is to be commended;)

So what you're saying is that you want to do a cheap job, whilst working outside of any recognised audit process, and undercut your rivals who comply with a simple recognised industry standard. And you are moaning about it???

Shame on you.

It's people like you who are killing our industry!

Maybe if there were more clients like Nationwide, then scaffold contractors wouldn't be forced to pay ****-poor wages because of firms like yours.

Maybe you should ask your Barry branch what they were paying their scaffolders for a 14hr day, our drivers get more.
By the way we've just taken a job from a NASC company (Not yours the one with a girls name) because of the end product not price.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

What makes you think Ragscaff's firm doesn't comply with or exceed NASC guidelines?

Maybe you should ask your Barry branch what they were paying their scaffolders for a 14hr day, our drivers get more.
By the way we've just taken a job from a NASC company (Not yours the one with a girls name) because of the end product not price.

I am not interested in what happens on another depot in another country, nothing to do with me. I've never even been to Wales.

As for taking a job from DSL, that is hardly a coup considering that they are about as organised and efficent as the Somalian Police Force.

I am sure your boyfriend can fight his own corner, anyway. Fact is that your little club promotes and celebrtates the use of agency and sub contract labour leaving the lads doing the work without any employment rights or benifits. You then claim to be the alternative voice of the scaffolding industry whilst back-stabbing the very people who make this industry tick - the scaffolders themselves.

Why is there this illusion that NASC companies have to charge more for work. Membership costs £1600 per year for a company with a turnover of less that £1,300,000 with a desktop audit costing £500. For a small company that is £150 per month. Yes all employees must be directly employed with holiday pay, but doesnt the HMRC tell us we should all be doing that anyway. All other industries do it, why can't we.

I am not interested in what happens on another depot in another country, nothing to do with me. I've never even been to Wales.

As for taking a job from DSL, that is hardly a coup considering that they are about as organised and efficent as the Somalian Police Force.

I am sure your boyfriend can fight his own corner, anyway. Fact is that your little club promotes and celebrtates the use of agency and sub contract labour leaving the lads doing the work without any employment rights or benifits. You then claim to be the alternative voice of the scaffolding industry whilst back-stabbing the very people who make this industry tick - the scaffolders themselves.

Boyfriend? That's a bit childish.

What gives you the incorrect impression that The SCCR promotes the use of agencies and sub contract labour?

As for the rest of your comments, total drivel nothing else.

Boyfriend? That's a bit childish.

What gives you the incorrect impression that The SCCR promotes the use of agencies and sub contract labour?

As for the rest of your comments, total drivel nothing else.

So tell me, what is the SCCR stance on the use of agencies and subbie labour? Or do you just make it up as you go along?

Again, you claim to be the working scaffolders saviour, but when the push comes to the shove you all disappear when the subject is raised on the forum.

All you seem to have achieved is hounding Hilti to the point where they no longer want to provide impact wrenches to hard-working scaffolders.

Congratulations on that.

So tell me, what is the SCCR stance on the use of agencies and subbie labour? Or do you just make it up as you go along?

Again, you claim to be the working scaffolders saviour, but when the push comes to the shove you all disappear when the subject is raised on the forum.
As has been said before we have no control over the use of agencies especially as NASC members seem to be their main users
All you seem to have achieved is hounding Hilti to the point where they no longer want to provide impact wrenches to hard-working scaffolders.
Another load of drivel, the NASC put Hilti off no one else. The SCCR offered Hilti research and input into developing a fit for purpose Impact Wrench (FOC) which they declined after months and months of communication. The reason they won't supply to scaffolders is that they think scaffolders abuse the tools when on hire.
Congratulations on that.

I await your next spurt of drivel.

I await your next spurt of drivel.

So if you've 'got no control' over anyone or anything, what exactly DO you do?

Apart from taking £10 subscriptions off of hard-working scaffolders, obviously.

How is DSL a girls name? Any girl called DSL would be teased mercilessly at school.

Any way back to the OP. Its the Nationwides building and they can employ who they want to work on it.

When are you going to answer my questions? Phil

When you answer all of my questions that you and your little band of cronies have tip-toed round for the last couple of years.

So, anyway, will you be refunding lads who have paid subscriptions only to see them being handed out for free shortly after?

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Individual membership is free, keep up.

Silly me, I'll set the website as my homepage so I can keep up to date with all the latest industry developments.

Top Bottom