Wages.

@vancouver leeds boy............
i don't know about being thick but i only just got it ...i

i thought " darn sarf in laandan " was in the middle east i couldn't work out how you were doing work for scaffy in the uk

so confirmed some scaffs are thick :confused:

Last edited:
vancover- u mean me bein pretentous :eek:

flinty mate, i except wot ur sayin and fair play to u for stickin up for him, but not trying to diss u geez but with only 5 yrs on the spanners and jason wiv only 9 niether of u can remember the good times before this recession or the last big one, yrs ago a scaff was on say £85 a day and that was concidered good pay when office wallers were on about £30, we all used to large it up like harry enfirlds loadsa money, but times change and other work sectors have flurished and with that there wongas gone up, the building industry which was over rated has stalled and stagnated, look at the prices of houses it dont take abrain surgon to know that if they cost more to build but less to sell than that knocks onto our wages, so our pay hasnt and cant go up no matter how much we moan about it- with the industrial sector much of which has been privatised and thrives meaning more money is available.
not only jason & essex are the only ones to pay for there tckts or the first to chase the big money, but its there choice u wanna work 60hrs /nite shifts than u expect it. but guys on here who wanna better themselves and get there own tckt are then shouted down by them as not fit for purpose, or trying to jump the que for a job quite strong comments/rants made
once ur known for workin in a certain field then uve got the feet under the table, look at the amount of guys tryin to get on the rigs for example but once ur in, ur in.... it took me years to get on a film set & its not all is was cracked up to be lolol but the truth of the matter really is if u aint haPPY WITH THE MONEY BEING OFFERED DONT DO THE JOB, if ur that brainy and not to old then retrain, one thing for sure u never gonna make real money workin for someone else

i thought " darn sarf in laandan " was in the middle east i couldn't work out how you were doing work for scaffy in the uk

Brilliant!!!

flinty mate, i except wot ur sayin and fair play to u for stickin up for him, but not trying to diss u geez but with only 5 yrs on the spanners and jason wiv only 9 niether of u can remember the good times before this recession or the last big one, yrs ago a scaff was on say £85 a day and that was concidered good pay when office wallers were on about £30, we all used to large it up like harry enfirlds loadsa money, but times change and other work sectors have flurished and with that there wongas gone up, the building industry which was over rated has stalled and stagnated, look at the prices of houses it dont take abrain surgon to know that if they cost more to build but less to sell than that knocks onto our wages, so our pay hasnt and cant go up no matter how much we moan about it- with the industrial sector much of which has been privatised and thrives meaning more money is available.
not only jason & essex are the only ones to pay for there tckts or the first to chase the big money, but its there choice u wanna work 60hrs /nite shifts than u expect it. but guys on here who wanna better themselves and get there own tckt are then shouted down by them as not fit for purpose, or trying to jump the que for a job quite strong comments/rants made
once ur known for workin in a certain field then uve got the feet under the table, look at the amount of guys tryin to get on the rigs for example but once ur in, ur in.... it took me years to get on a film set & its not all is was cracked up to be lolol but the truth of the matter really is if u aint haPPY WITH THE MONEY BEING OFFERED DONT DO THE JOB, if ur that brainy and not to old then retrain, one thing for sure u never gonna make real money workin for someone else

I wasn't talking about you hotspanner, was on about the OP

Haha fuc.k me, that just give me a rather large grin reading that.

........and a semi on

Absolute classic timthumb

Yep very true mate I completely missed the "good times" a lot of scaffs I respect go on about. What film set were you on then? Ever work down Leavesden?

Top Bottom