Wages.

now youve opened a can of worms!!!! iam a celebrity get me out of here sorry ante and dec the forums beter lol!!!!

When I was starting out the so called boffin's who were employed to try and steer thicko's like myself in the right direction told me that in a service industry like ours should never let the wages be more than a third of the company turn-over. I have always kept it in mind but struggle to make it a reality.

Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Pay Rates - 2011

The 2011 Construction Industry Joint Council Working Rule Agreement pay rates came in to effect on Monday September 5th 2011.

There is a 1.5 % increase on previous rates.

To download a pdf copy of the new rates please click here.

Pay Rates from Monday 5th September 2011

Classification

Basic Pay
£p per hour

Weekly Rate based on
39 hour week

General Operative

Skill Rate 4

Skill Rate 3

Skill Rate 2

Skill Rate 1

Craft Rate

In short, every scaff I employ is over paid.

This is the real rates, £10.46 ph then your pricework. make it or offski.....

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

In short, every scaff I employ is over paid.

Any chance of a start mate?

This is the real rates, £10.46 ph then your pricework. make it or offski...

Thats just shiit money tbh.
Unfair and totally unrealistic for that we do...

Who made those rates?
Fat, old Multi-Millionaires who run the NASC?
The likes of which have never lifted a tube or turned a spanner before...? :mad:

Any chance of a start mate?

Ill come.
Just beware, i moan alot, lol.

Paddy, I kid you not there would be a job for you in the real toon should you ever want to relocate.

We would however have to do something about that fekin awful accent and some attitude realignment would have to be done in regard to your so called football team.:D

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Thats just shiit money tbh.
Unfair and totally unrealistic for that we do...

Who made those rates?
Fat, old Multi-Millionaires who run the NASC?
The likes of which have never lifted a tube or turned a spanner before...? :mad:

Ill come.
Just beware, i moan alot, lol.

I don't think I could afford you Jason, it would be like Dukla Pumpherston signing Gazza in his hey day.:laugh:

Google Dukla.:cool:

Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Pay Rates - 2011

The 2011 Construction Industry Joint Council Working Rule Agreement pay rates came in to effect on Monday September 5th 2011.

There is a 1.5 % increase on previous rates.

To download a pdf copy of the new rates please click here.

Pay Rates from Monday 5th September 2011

Classification

Basic Pay
£p per hour

Weekly Rate based on
39 hour week

General Operative

Skill Rate 4

Skill Rate 3

Skill Rate 2

Skill Rate 1

Craft Rate

paddy normally your posts are useful and make sense, but come on that is crap, scaffolder 20+ years ago on powerstation work for example was on £1000 a week takehome and 10+ years ago as £140 a day 8-3ish and normally get 6 days a week, so what you put must be the 1971 rates of pay, and if you agree with the new rates then your mad. :eek:

:embarrest::embarrest:
paddy normally your posts are useful and make sense, but come on that is crap, scaffolder 20+ years ago on powerstation work for example was on £1000 a week takehome and 10+ years ago as £140 a day 8-3ish and normally get 6 days a week, so what you put must be the 1971 rates of pay, and if you agree with the new rates then your mad. :eek:

I never made the posts up mate, that is CIJC info i posted, i cant make Lead look like gold, and it is 2011, £10.46 is the std WRA, I am mad and skint so dont rub it in.......

I never made the posts up mate, that is CIJC info i posted, i cant make Lead look like gold, and it is 2011, £10.46 is the std WRA, I am mad and skint so dont rub it in.......

ok sorry paddy, its a shame that every scaffolder in the country dont join the sccr and turn it into a official union and we could have a basic hourly rate of £17.50 a hour minimum but there is to many chancers and w@nkers out there to ever make this happen

paddy your the gezzer!!! your like me your probably give your worse enemy your last quid after youve give him a clip round the ear ha ha ha!!!! its you and the normals lads that keep the forum going

Jason not all employers are bad, last few years have been bad for us but i have manage to keep all the lads on (at my cost). this year not a chance if i go quite then unfortunately i will have to lay off ( not having lads getting paid over Christmas and im not) Im not saying in the last ten years or so that i not have had it good, but some times i really do not think you lads realize how hard it is!!! i know you all got bills & mortgage's to pay but so do i, and its me with all the risk. please do not get me wrong i know we all work hard!!!! & we do expect blood from you most of the time but we are a small little firm that does 9 times out of 10 put the lads before us!!! This might be different with large companys in general, oh buy the way lads are on £13.75-£15. and i do not drive a brand new Range Rover sport lol

Jason not all employers are bad, last few years have been bad for us but i have manage to keep all the lads on (at my cost). this year not a chance if i go quite then unfortunately i will have to lay off ( not having lads getting paid over Christmas and im not) Im not saying in the last ten years or so that i not have had it good, but some times i really do not think you lads realize how hard it is!!! i know you all got bills & mortgage's to pay but so do i, and its me with all the risk. please do not get me wrong i know we all work hard!!!! & we do expect blood from you most of the time but we are a small little firm that does 9 times out of 10 put the lads before us!!! This might be different with large companys in general, oh buy the way lads are on £13.75-£15. and i do not drive a brand new Range Rover sport lol

I know... im just very 'anti-management'.
Been kicked in the teeth on more then a few occasions you see, lol.

Maybe im part of the problem you know... I talk when i should listen, but theres an awful lot of trust that been lost between Worker and Manager.

Theres a huge amount of firms who take the piss, no doubt an equal amount of Scaffolder who also take the piss.
But, never running my own firm, i can only see things from a Scaffolder point of view.

i know... Im just very 'anti-management'.
Been kicked in the teeth on more then a few occasions you see, lol.

Maybe im part of the problem you know... I talk when i should listen, but theres an awful lot of trust that been lost between worker and manager.

Theres a huge amount of firms who take the piss, no doubt an equal amount of scaffolder who also take the piss.
But, never running my own firm, i can only see things from a scaffolder point of view.

is that working for big or small firms? Or both

Dico, I reckon that's alright mate. Specially up where I am. For 7 days about 8 ton is decent money, as I say up here.
Before I got my updated card back I got offered a job and he wanted to pay me £50 a day and wanted me to drive wagon and erect.
Needless to say, I didn't find that acceptable !!!! lol

Im a chef of 10 years just going into the scaffolding trade, I earn 1300 a month and do an avrerage of 50-60 hours a week, Im trained in my sector same as you guys so all this moaning of earning this 800-1000 a week!! is a bit crazy to me, from what i see im going in as a labourer in need to pay £750 to do my part one that takes two weeks then im qualified!! £760 to do my part two (another two weeks) and im right up there in wages terms!! not three years at collage to give up all my fridays and saturdays and most sundays doing 11/12/13/14 hours shifts in what has to be one of the most stressfull jobs.........scaffolding is going to be like a paid holiday compared to this!! more phisical yes but thats no problem im strong I used to take in 3 tones of potatoes every other day in one job (then peel and chop them all till 12 midnight) and was making 200 a week!! basically guys there are much worse and harder jobs around think yoursrlfs lucky, not saying you should work for pennies but to go off on one cos your getting a little less than you used to seems a bit petty if your that unhappy go to university and train to be a dentist or something!

hi Jas,
totally agree with you on a lot of the rant but there are far too many scaffs live a lifestyle above their means which is fine all the time they,re earning the big rates,until they get paid off when they haven,t put anything away.
A lot more have to adjust to living on your £12 an hour and may not be lucky enough to be on a blue book and to some degree they are at the mercy of the employer.
Anyway i,ve got a nissan micra with 17" amir khans on whats wrong with that !!

Top Bottom