Use of forum

i only see that there are 2964 registered members when you do a member search.

is there a secret list with the other 7000 !!!

i only see that there are 2964 registered members when you do a member search.

Dunno but this is off the homepage of the forum.

Threads: 13,344, Posts: 116,870, Members: 9,569

Not sure how the numbers work but I would guess you sign up and the numbers go up by 1.

How many of you have sat in a meeting or even a site meeting with hundreds of guys and only a small vocal minority talk?

Same old, same old... the same names, same faces, same voices doing ALL the work.
To be honest its something that i have come to accept about the Forum.

Same applies to working on site.
Its the same faces that ask the right questions and have to fight for everyone else.

Unfortunately those few are the ones first out the door, come lay off time.

To everyone else NOT contributing to this VERY helpful and much needed Forum: Sort yourselves out and start POSTING! :idea::idea::idea:

I remember when i first joined and there were elections to get a SCCR committee together and voting was done on the forum and different things were going to happen because they had an agenda. I know some work has been done but momentum needs to be ongoing. Communication is key to this.

Ian

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I remember when i first joined and there were elections to get a SCCR committee together and voting was done on the forum and different things were going to happen because they had an agenda. I know some work has been done but momentum needs to be ongoing. Communication is key to this. Other areas are dont just bring a problem try to bring a solution.

Ian F

The SCCR is ongoing.

We were formed from scaffolders who were on the forum. Only a year ago!!!

The SCCR is not the forum. We do have members who are on the forum & some of them show their support on their details.
I am proud of what we have achieved & the direction we are going in.

Not sure why we have been brought into this thread?

Ian you know if you have any questions you only have to ask me but how do you know we have lost momentum?

Oh & by the way I am still on the tools working six days a week but still find time to banter on here!!!

Stewart Quinney

Not knocking you Stewart just trying to energise the forum ian

Hi Simian,

This question crops up from time to time. Like all forums (or just the pub) you'll get those that do the talking and those that like to listen. It's just more people like to listen here!

I would imagine as well, that access during the day when working is going to be difficult for many & perhaps when they get home, they are less inclined to look and post here, which, yes is a shame.

Anyway, not sure if I am happy for you that you are bored or a tad worried!!

That really doesn't surprise me Allan, you really have no idea what busy is till you walk a mile in his shoes.

Don't worry Ragscaff, I aint blowin smoke up yer ass, your still a cant.;)

simian i remember you started a thread SCAFFOLDING MYTHS i think it was called and i thought that will be a good one but to no avail.
there was 1 about a young lad who passed away a young lad wanting to be a scaff who fell to his death through neglect and probably bullying to make somebody rich and that disappeared after a few posts.
LOOKING FOR WORK OFFSHORE ANY NUMBERS STILL GOING STRONG SAYS IT ALL :mad::mad::mad:

Top and Bottom of it is..............

If you are a member of the board, you have a choice to post your views and opinions or simply read those of others.

As in most walks of life there are those that try to contribute and others that are not bothered.It is there choice and they are entitled to conduct thier lives as they deem fit.

I would like to see more members posting on a regular basis, around 100 would be great, simply to give more depth and insight to any discussions that we may be having at the time.

Membership is currently stated at just under 10,000,If members that had not posted in the past six month were removed I belive this number would drop by a few thousand

Lastly bear in mind that there are billions of people that read books,but only a few in proportion that write them :rolleyes:

Last edited:
haha, nice one Rigger, I haven't read a book since I left the school, they will be surprised to learn I have now been published.:embarrest:

Do we get an advance at a certain amount of posts and is that why Scaffy is always on the welcome thread?:bigsmile:

rigger you really are a smart arse but i like you and your style.
the last sentence regarding writing books class pure class

haha, nice one Rigger, I haven't read a book since I left the school, they will be surprised to learn I have now been published.:embarrest:

Do we get an advance at a certain amount of posts and is that why Scaffy is always on the welcome thread?:bigsmile:

Looking for fresh meat mate :laugh:

He tries to tell me it's scaffold products he is importing from India, I'm starting to think that might not be the entire story.:amuse:

It is a fact that the Forum has assisted many with valuable information and advise, nevertheless, it would appear that the Forum needs more input, however, what Topics to discuss ???---is it the view of the Forum Members that the Forum is reaching saturation point on Topics to discuss ???.

How do we inject a stimulus ???

Do we re-boot default Topics and Discussions ???

Where is the Forum heading ???

We are now numbering nearly 10,000---all pebbles on the beach,but, some have to grow a little BOLDER ;)

Top Bottom