Use of forum

simian

Reaction score
I must be bored however i have looked at the top 15 posters on the main page and done a quick evaluation of the six i see regular and it accounts for 21 people 53,261 posts out of 116,734.

This works out that 45% of the forum is done by 21 members. Where are the other 9,546 members regarding this as it works out 6.64 posts for every other member outside of the 21.

This forum has massive potential and it needs more input from everyone not just dropping on for a phone number or a job, all scaffolders have questions.

Ian

nice post Ian ....

Get your backside's in gear the other 9,500 of ya and stop hiding.

Who are the famous 21 out of curiosity?

The top 15 are on the forum front page plus:

xxIanxx 1519
Better tax 1162
Rigger 1101
Ragscaff 1439
Jason Gibbs 1637
VLLB 1311

I suppose if we found another four it would be closer to 50%

Good post but you misted me off this is my 2000 post
LOL

your in the top 15 on the front of the forum page

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

your in the top 15 on the front of the forum page

well done on 2000 however i think this may get its own thread.

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

The top 15 are on the forum front page plus:

xxIanxx 1519
Better tax 1162
Rigger 1101
Ragscaff 1439
Jason Gibbs 1637
VLLB 1311

I suppose if we found another four it would be closer to 50%

SF Admin 6003
scaffy 5083
aom 4123
philliosmaximus 3799
celticbhoy 3564
paddy carr 3299
jakdan 2920
brandy 2442
frederik 2416
superscaff75 2355
allan666 2287
SWIFTY 2214
TEESSIDE... 2116
andyf8686 2000
Ganderizer 1998

I must be bored however i have looked at the top 15 posters on the main page and done a quick evaluation of the six i see regular and it accounts for 21 people 53,261 posts out of 116,734.

This works out that 45% of the forum is done by 21 members. Where are the other 9,546 members regarding this as it works out 6.64 posts for every other member outside of the 21.

This forum has massive potential and it needs more input from everyone not just dropping on for a phone number or a job, all scaffolders have questions.

Ian

Morning Ian
Unfortunately it would appear to be more about the quantity that the quality

Ian

Yes Ian you must be bored but I do agree with you. I have defended non posters in the past and would do again but it would be good to get more input from a wider range of people. I would suggest that there is a lot more activity under the radar than most would imagine and I know there are lots of voyeurs keeping an eye on what is discussed and some feel coming on here is like airing your dirty washing in public.

To turn it round a bit as you have obviously considered it, what would you suggest to encourage our non posting brethren to take part?

Anybody got any numbers im especially keen on making good money for doing as little as possible ie bluebook,powerstation (shutdowns obviously) and of course offshore or abroad.
Any info appreciated and then i will bid you fairwell as i will no longer have to come on the forum,unless of course theres a down mann;)

PS DONT EVEN GO THERE WITH THE WHOLE SCCR THING AS IVE GOT BETTER THINGS TO SPEND MY TENNER ON

Feck it daftscaff, lets just hit the cobbles.

Yes Ian you must be bored but I do agree with you. I have defended non posters in the past and would do again but it would be good to get more input from a wider range of people. I would suggest that there is a lot more activity under the radar than most would imagine and I know there are lots of voyeurs keeping an eye on what is discussed and some feel coming on here is like airing your dirty washing in public.

To turn it round a bit as you have obviously considered it, what would you suggest to encourage our non posting brethren to take part?

I remember when i first joined and there were elections to get a SCCR committee together and voting was done on the forum and different things were going to happen because they had an agenda. I know some work has been done but momentum needs to be ongoing. Communication is key to this.

Ian

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I remember when i first joined and there were elections to get a SCCR committee together and voting was done on the forum and different things were going to happen because they had an agenda. I know some work has been done but momentum needs to be ongoing. Communication is key to this. Other areas are dont just bring a problem try to bring a solution.

Ian F

Life can over take a man sometimes. I'm not involved now but they are still hard at work and I would imagine coordinating all these individuals would be a logistical nightmare.

I still think a lot is done behind the scenes with a tool like the forum, and we are all just learning how to use it properly. Some people might be a bit unsure how, when and what to post for fear of how they may look in public and feel it's better to play it safe and say nothing. As you know, I am the opposite.:D

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

That's a good point about bringing a solution, I totally agree with that also but all my first posts were problems I had and the solution came from the forum hence the reason I'm still here. I like to think I have brought a couple of solutions to others since even if it was just to give Paddy a laugh at my IT skills. That actually brings me to another reason some may struggle to post or maybe just expands on what I was trying to say earlier. I don't really care how others in the industry perceive me, I don't feel the need to pretend I know it all. I spent years doing that in the school and it got me nowhere so in my working life I know what I know but I now also know where to get a lot of the answers.:idea:

Life can over take a man sometimes. I'm not involved now but they are still hard at work and I would imagine coordinating all these individuals would be a logistical nightmare.

I still think a lot is done behind the scenes with a tool like the forum, and we are all just learning how to use it properly. Some people might be a bit unsure how, when and what to post for fear of how they may look in public and feel it's better to play it safe and say nothing. As you know, I am the opposite.:D

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

That's a good point about bringing a solution, I totally agree with that also but all my first posts were problems I had and the solution came from the forum hence the reason I'm still here. I like to think I have brought a couple of solutions to others since even if it was just to give Paddy a laugh at my IT skills. That actually brings me to another reason some may struggle to post or maybe just expands on what I was trying to say earlier. I don't really care how others in the industry perceive me, I don't feel the need to pretend I know it all. I spent years doing that in the school and it got me nowhere so in my working life I know what I know but I now also know where to get a lot of the answers.:idea:

Well done AOM,
a point I like to make myself, it's not knowing the answers, it's knowing where to find them

The forum will be many things to many people but that is what it does for me, a rich source of information from like minded individuals who are willing to share.

The forum will be many things to many people but that is what it does for me, a rich source of information from like minded individuals who are willing to share.

Share and share alike aom, thats my motto, its always a lot easier when you know the answer

Top Bottom