Unit transoms, easyfix, readylock and bones

Animals,excellent bit of kit,and really fast for towers,back and front's,gables etc,s.g.b. ones were the best imo.:cool:

the 6ft single enders are exelent for hangers using mills fittings put your two doubles on the top then string your leddger across the steel and away you go the double enders are ok as well you just have to tape the bottom gate up so you can get the ledger in or a bit of wire looped around the gate works just as well

I like to start a bit of a debate and gain some feedback on unit transoms from the scaffs.

1. Who uses ledger bracing with unit transoms?

2. Who has the manufacturers instructions for them?

3. What do you think you can do with them with regard to height?

If

1 I was taught brace the base lift only, then tie regularly.

2 Never seen any

3 Not sure, seen them used up to 15 lifts before and lift heights of 2m and a 2.7m base out.

Ian ive got an enginering companys test results of a mate on them bones, that was done for a hire company with rakers and without and the technical results.
i will have to scan them in and send, Or i can give them to dave as he is flying out there.

Ian ive got an enginering companys test results of a mate on them bones, that was done for a hire company with rakers and without and the technical results.
i will have to scan them in and send, Or i can give them to dave as he is flying out there.

Scafftron. Are calling rakers , doglegs/ledger bracing?

dog bones lets be honnest some cant scaffold with out them

And lets be honest, MOST can't scaffold with them. I know firms that have thousands stacked in the yard because the lads haven't got a clue how to use them properly.

They are on another level to tube and fit when it comes to speed and how much you can get out of your gear, we started using them about 4 years ago and would never go back.

When lads first start for us they usually complain about them, after a few months they're the first to complain if there is none left in the yard. lol

We use braces [dog legs] on base lift only

Same as us, no need for any more.

yes Fred, it must be a northern thing because we all say it :embarrest:

Noticed it a bit Jakdan,so was a bit confused about test results on rakers in this post. Warming to bones tho,after reading yours and other posts on subject. Are the test results on the integrity of weld. Cant do it it a lotta good after a hammering.:noworry:

If its a demo job Il use ledger bracing just for my own piece of mind otherwise I dont see the need,but I dont know whether your suppose to or not at all times.

If its a demo job Il use ledger bracing just for my own piece of mind otherwise I dont see the need,but I dont know whether your suppose to or not at all times.

If you are using CADS estimating package it says they must be used on every lift.

Two bays of Traditional Scaffolding and Ready Lock System were erected in the testing
centre.
Both were restrained at 4000 height x 4000c/c ie. at every second vertical leg
Horizontal loads were applied in increments of 50Kgs at node points and the displacements
recorded.
This was carried out in order to compare the relative movements between the systems.
Hope this helps fred.

Two bays of Traditional Scaffolding and Ready Lock System were erected in the testing
centre.
Both were restrained at 4000 height x 4000c/c ie. at every second vertical leg
Horizontal loads were applied in increments of 50Kgs at node points and the displacements
recorded.
This was carried out in order to compare the relative movements between the systems.
Hope this helps fred.

I think this is the test that was carried out on behalf of Generation.
In a previous thread on this subject there were som interesting comments.
I am not sure the test was correct or adequate.
Testing 2 bays by 2 bays by tying it to a forlift with a load guage cannot be considered adequate testing.

The test can only relate to the local condition and at best be considered a test on the transom unit and not on the scaffold structure. There a a whole list of considerations for the scaffold design as opposed to the transom unit design.

I have dealt with this product since 1974 and have yet to see a set of suitable test results on this product. The data is based upon custom and practice which went out the window as TG20 came in.
Regards
Alan

I've used them on and off for years ,, there's not a lot to them really ,, if you are basing out I turn them upside down , and it takes a while to get the knack of letting them hang when you are putting in the first ring,,, once you stick your 2metre lift height with your first two ready lock just level ledger , lock doubles ,, level transoms then plumb standards with brace and the rest is history ,, they last a long TIM too , we have some in the yard 20 years old , dead easy to replace bolts. ,,, if you ever need anybody to put them up for ya ,, give me a shout and I would gladly dig them outta the back of the yard for ya

I've used them on and off for years ,, there's not a lot to them really ,, if you are basing out I turn them upside down , and it takes a while to get the knack of letting them hang when you are putting in the first ring,,, once you stick your 2metre lift height with your first two ready lock just level ledger , lock doubles ,, level transoms then plumb standards with brace and the rest is history ,, they last a long TIM too , we have some in the yard 20 years old , dead easy to replace bolts. ,,, if you ever need anybody to put them up for ya ,, give me a shout and I would gladly dig them outta the back of the yard for ya

Sorry 21`s cant afford £8.50 an hour LOL

They have their uses.
Easy to base out with, but can be a pain to stack.

Van Thiel have similar ones, that have an extendible inside board section, for either 1 board (standard) or extend it for 2 board.

I still do prefer doubles off your standards to Reds/Bones though.

I always found them a bit awkward to base out with (having a 21ft standard with a bone attached for a 2.00m high lift the bending down to pick up the ledger) especially when there is no wall to butt up to, for a example on a timber framed house. but the 2nd and 3rd lifts was a doddle. we didn't even use a level, just a stick and a bit of chalk to mark of the lift height.

Top Bottom