trebble handrail

Lol I was only kidding on the flip flops mate and also do not where a vest

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I'm not going to lie to you mate but where rarely where ppe only on a certain jobs every thing you said is spot on I totally agree but just don't happen

@ HSWT...is there any more info on the Proposed new Sheeting Regs ???, it would be interesting to see if the Encapsulation Products available are in compliance...Im looking at this from a Total Encapsulation (Oil and Gas)

Garry...

This new law came in last month and the HSE are apparently planning a crackdown, starting in November.

£500 on the spot fines. :mad::mad::mad:

What a crock of sh..t common sense is the safest fall protection never mind 3rd handrails who pays for this ...?

Unfortunately common sense can not be taught on a one week course.
Those with common sense will include the extra materials and labour in their coatings and pass on to the client.
The HSE have made it very clear that the new ruling will apply to all and they will come down on offenders like a ton of bricks.

what a nightmare
as i work offshore quite regularly i can only advise its a pain in the arse trying to lean over the top handrail talking shiite to yer pal when you are meant to be grafting

this may well put a lot of the young guns coming through off ever becoming scaffs,i cant imagine how they will get on phoning about with nothing to comfortably lean on.:mad:

what a nightmare
as i work offshore quite regularly i can only advise its a pain in the arse trying to lean over the top handrail talking shiite to yer pal when you are meant to be grafting

this may well put a lot of the young guns coming through off ever becoming scaffs,i cant imagine how they will get on phoning about with nothing to comfortably lean on.:mad:

Good point but leaning on a handrail is a skill that takes years to perfect. Professional handrail leaners will have no problem adapting to the new 3rd handrail. It just needs to be approached and left limbo dancer style

what about the beer belly hanging over?
to me its just another attempt by the big guns to push out the harddrinking out of shape scaffs to make way for eastern europeans who they pay that little they cant get the beergut:mad:

Hand rail leaning takes time to perfect...I recommend plenty of practice...over time one can compile a range of styles to suit your mood...the one in the pic is the, I dont give a feck, nonchalant and catching a few rays from the setting Sun and resting my Kabsa filled belly...note the angle, near horizontal :nuts:

Treble handrail

HSE my arse !!!! The reactive NOT proactive hse are a joke just been told that if they can't find a sign board and the contractor refuses to tell them who erected the job they can't do a thing apart from take pictures and drive back to office for a nice warm coffee.. I've offered to pay for their time and drive them around Blackburn showing them the shi..te that's erected but they apparently can do that so let's wait for the fatality then maybe they will do what they are employed to do !!!!!!!!

here we can observe the basic hand rail leaner technic, note, the Student uses both hands on the top rail :unsure:...

Attachments

• DSC01039.jpg
    DSC01039.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 30
garry
im sure i stripped a couple of jobs that looked exactly like that and the setting does look the same:suspicious:
i do like and approve the SAFETY HARNESS not connected at the chest nso as to minimise restriction to the alcohol induced swelling of the abdominal area

HSWT
the lifting block is a moment of common sense that is no longer in use in GB,as this would now need a drawing due to it now being a lifting point:mad: and you would also need a rigger erector on hand and you and i know how busy these guys are:eek:

Indeed, it is the SPSP Dammam, with chain falls on short supply, hence the Gin Wheel on the s/w corner LOL, I think you could just make it out in the pic...

Attachments

• DSC01037.jpg
    DSC01037.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 26
What are they after, normal double hadrail with an extra high one or three with the same distance?

******* idiots, they make it up as the go along.

just been told that new law came in saying that trebble hand rail is now law and doubble handrail will be ilegal from next month!!!!!

Thats how they make the lads do it offshore.
Only a matter of time before they follow suit on the beach like.

Thats how they make the lads do it offshore.
Only a matter of time before they follow suit on the beach like.

Have you been offshore much? The beach is very slow at following offshore like as the 3rd handrail has been used for donkeys years offshore.
It is something that the green hat scaffs find surprising like.

yes thats correct i first went offshore in the mid 90s and it was well in place then.The double handrail never came in onshore till the late 90s around 97/98 i think ;)

Top Bottom