trebble handrail

Heard a wee rumour that the GOVERNMENT THE HSE AND AN ACEESS CONFEDERATION THAT WILL REMAIN NAMELESS ARE LOOKING INTO CHECK FITTINGS UNDER THE TOP HANDRAIL BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LEANING ON THE HANDRAILS.A PURPOSE IT WASNT DESIGNED FOR;)

Thats ball ocks mate, everyone knows the nasc designed their hand rails for fat bastardos to lean over, think it is covered in en69 and the elbow pad thread.;)

I've been busy preparing for all of these major changes to the scaffolding industry.

Gotta be careful though lads. All of this stuff is going to drive wages down even further.

ITS ALL TO DO WITH ERGONOMICS FREDERIK MEN LEANING ON HANDRAILS NEVER DO IT BESIDE THE UPRIGHT AND LEAN BENT OVER SO TAKING THE WEIGHT OFF THE LEGS AND ALSO THE BOARDS/LIFT.THEY GENERALLY ARE AT LEAST 2 OR MORE.
WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IT REALLY IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN:eek:

What next Happy,hang a tube off ledger above and clip on to HR . Not forgetting to chek these as well.lol

why the feck did you have to type that frederik
you know they are watching and no doubt it will be implemented if it isnt already.phil 118 will probably be reading the e-mail as we speak/type.

getting back to the handrail the powers that be thought they had done away with the handrail leaning when they banned wolf whistles and general get yer tits oot banter when on scaffolds,but apparently leaning on the handrails while phoning and learing is becoming more and more to the fore;)

I blame the tories for removing free school milk leaving our industry severely lacking in t1its to leer at.

im not going down the political route it just gets me angry
even though the GOVERNMENT IS INVOLVED IN THE NEW CHANGES AND THEY ARE TORIES;)

WHAT DOESNT SIT RIGHT
THE SAGGY TITS DUE TO A LACK OF MILK AS A SCHOOL KID,YOU MAY WELL BE RIGHT.:eek:

Double handrail, triple handrail im still putting in single handrail, but wearing quadruple lanyard with edge protection round my bedford rascal pick-up!!

Treble Guardrail

As far as we are aware, treble guardrails are required where access to an area at height is used where there is a distance of more than 470mm such as a scaffolding erected in 3.00m lifts and the user will be using a podium on the lifts apart from offshore works where the Offshore Contractors Association (OCA) published a document which requires all scaffolds erected in the North Sea to have treble guardrails. This document is considered Industry Standards within the Offshore Industry. I recently visited an Offshore Platform in Germany where Harsco had multiple structures erected, I had been requested to inspect these and sign the ScaffTags, I was amazed at the poor quality of workmanship, gaps in the deck exceeding 500mm, no toeboards, partial guardrails. It was unbelievable.

Stair cases instead of ladders only work on site where you got the room try doing in somea garden where the scaffold just about fits

I believe the HSE advise that staircases should be used where reasonably practicable, please note ADVISE, reasonably practicable covers so much covers such a massive range of circumstances such as area, usage, project size and even cost. NO ONE would expect to see a staircase on any residential project, but a commercial project with the space, multiple trades using it especially over 3 lifts high in this day in age, a staircase is not a lot to ask for as long as the MC is willing to pay for it.

Yes thank got I don't do site work sounds a right ball ache !!!! House bashing all the way pair flip flops shorts vest off I goes

That was a bit of me years ago, times have changed and the HSE are no longer funded by the taxpayer. They are now self sufficient in the way of funding. They are also on the ball and seeking out small works such as the type you mention. A friend of mine who manages a very small outfit developing properties was fined £52,000.00 in court in his absence last week for breaching H&S law last week. The HSE will issue fines all over at present, if you own a house or assets, they will take it from you for non payment of fines. Even if you have nothing, they will take a percentage of any future earnings and work with HMRC to achieve this. You only have to read the papers or listen to the news, from now on in, its the people who earn a wage that are going to be paying of the country s debts. If you ignore this I promise you, 6 - 9 months from now I will be saying "I told you so". Besides, surely its worth wearing PPE to ensure should any accident occur, our families dont starve with no Insurance payout. Any excuse to avoid paying they would grab, flip flops would be a good starting point i think ???

Top Bottom