trebble handrail

]God I hate it when people hijack a legitimate "treble handrail" thread

Lol,funny enough me and my mate have just finished the third lift of a six lift progressive scaffold,about 260ft with loads of returns and sliding gates on the loading bay and zip tied brick guards and the pair of us were moaning about the handrailing being like another feckin lift,if it goes to treble handrail it's going to take another third of the time again,ffs

How the fook, did a daft fekin thread started off with a daft fekin statement end up with the nasc getting bashed again?:laugh::laugh:

How the fook, did a daft fekin thread started off with a daft fekin statement end up with the nasc getting bashed again?:laugh::laugh:

Haha,it's just the great unwashed having their say ali,anyway shouldn't you be out drinking champagne and jura cocktails after todays richman budget:laugh:

I wish, never heard the budget, once again home too late to hear the news due to being up to my Breitling in fekin doubles.:(

Did the smokes go up?

I wish, never heard the budget, once again home too late to hear the news due to being up to my Breitling in fekin doubles.:(

Did the smokes go up?

Don't think so,thought you'd be a rolex man:cool:

Naw, all the cooncil hoose tarts are cutting about with them.;)

Double toe boards are also compulsory in TG20:13.

The 50mm gap in the decking between the inside standards must also be covered with (forest friendly) buffalo sheeting.

Rope and wheels are now banned and chin straps on hard hats will also become law from April 01st.

It's going to be a nightmare :(

During the NASC regional meeting the presentation of TG20:13 it showed the banning of all ladders and the introduction of staircases to all access scaffolds. Designers are going to have to sit an Advanced CISRS course that will be a week long and will bypass Parts 1 & 2 and give them a Gold Card. The NASC is also pushing to ban smoking on sites and 'chaining' gear is to be banned over 3m. They also did a demonstration of the 'Octo- harness' that had 8 lanyards and 4 tethers for tools in anticipation of the introduction of SG4:15. There will be an industrial/offshore version called 'Octo-harness max' that is bright orange, has 15 tethers and comes in sizes up to XXXXXl.

Also all hammers used for system scaffolding have to be high tensile rubber down to the safety aspect of chipping steel fragments from the tube when banging the hammer.

I agree with everything they have changed apart from banning ladder beams and steel unit beams.

The government have also proposed a 'maximum wage for scaffolders' of £95/day. This is apparently to allow the UK construction industry be able to compete with poorer EU countries.

It's a scandal, but nobody seems bothered. :(

Also all hammers used for system scaffolding have to be high tensile rubber down to the safety aspect of chipping steel fragments from the tube when banging the hammer.

Yeah, well that's just to keep the noise down when doing night work.

We've just bought 500 rubber spanners, too.

Had to check the date on this ,thought it was April Fools Day!!!Treble handrails,no more ladders,chin straps,tool lanyards,treble lanyards on harness,no hand balling,no rope and wheels,refresher courses for advanced,on the spot fines.Jesus how the hell can you work to all this shi-te?Scaffolding is the new cash cow for the HSE.The industry is getting raped by so called safety organizations making a fortune out of scaffs,card for this card for that,you'll need a card to get a card soon.It's about time firms took a stand against all this sh-te.For every firm in Liverpool abiding by the rules there's 20 banging crap up and getting away with it.

During the NASC regional meeting the presentation of TG20:13 it showed the banning of all ladders and the introduction of staircases to all access scaffolds. Designers are going to have to sit an Advanced CISRS course that will be a week long and will bypass Parts 1 & 2 and give them a Gold Card. The NASC is also pushing to ban smoking on sites and 'chaining' gear is to be banned over 3m. They also did a demonstration of the 'Octo- harness' that had 8 lanyards and 4 tethers for tools in anticipation of the introduction of SG4:15. There will be an industrial/offshore version called 'Octo-harness max' that is bright orange, has 15 tethers and comes in sizes up to XXXXXl.

Now I know this thread is a wind up. Who in their right mind would suggest XXXXXL harnesses? Are they trying to say offshore workers are fat lazy ********? Everyone knows they are slim, extra fit finely tuned ballerinas risking life and limb to keep the home fires and lights burning.

It's all true though.

I've just read a report about it on the WSA website.

I agree with everything they have changed apart from banning ladder beams and steel unit beams.

The government have also proposed a 'maximum wage for scaffolders' of £95/day. This is apparently to allow the UK construction industry be able to compete with poorer EU countries.

It's a scandal, but nobody seems bothered. :(

where has this info come from ?

theres loads out there earning 80 a day , others 100 , others 120 , others 130, others 150 , but theres never gonna be a set wage for a p2 scaff , what a ****** up industry , if the sccr wants to do anything , it should try and do something about this .. p2 minimum i say £14 , that would be ok..

Top Bottom