trebble handrail

whoever comes up with these new rules needs shooting. they really care about the small companys don't they.

Whatever boll*x they come up with,just do what 90% of firms have been doing all along and carry on regardless,how many use the scaff step??how many don't bother with design??how many don't tie test??the list is endless,if we blindly followed all the ridiculous stupid things we're supposed to conform with we'd never win a job,soon it'll cost more for the scaffolding than the actual build lol,and when they bring out the five year card thing at £800 a pop they will have a whole nation of uncarded scaff's,me included:mad:

Whatever boll*x they come up with,just do what 90% of firms have been doing all along and carry on regardless,how many use the scaff step??how many don't bother with design??how many don't tie test??the list is endless,if we blindly followed all the ridiculous stupid things we're supposed to conform with we'd never win a job,soon it'll cost more for the scaffolding than the actual build lol,and when they bring out the five year card thing at £800 a pop they will have a whole nation of uncarded scaff's,me included:mad:

£800?

I've been told it's going to be at least double that, mate!!!

wonder how long it is before the scaffolder starts standing on the third rail to make the lift higher hmmm!!! most the time theres something in the way so you put 3 in anyway

Only seems like last week Dico , remember the fuss some of the lads made about them , "thats it the games fu cked " :laugh::laugh:

I remember the old lads using the end brace as a stop end :eek:
And having 4 pints at lunchtime then back up grafting away

The came the harnesses , took the lads forever to get their heads around that one :laugh:

yeah remember it well phill even the dh chasing the toe boards round loads of money as well bit like todays rates but 75% less lol!!!

Only seems like last week Dico , remember the fuss some of the lads made about them , "thats it the games fu cked " :laugh::laugh:

I remember the old lads using the end brace as a stop end :eek:
And having 4 pints at lunchtime then back up grafting away

The came the harnesses , took the lads forever to get their heads around that one :laugh:

And doing it all in tube as no ally beams. i can remember doing a big temp roof with only two rows of unit beams and making the rest up in tube.

They're talking s.hit Allan, have you ever known Pip181 to do anything else?

The HSE recently issued an on-the-spot fine of £5,000 to a scaffolder who was standing on the back of a wagon without fall protection.

This is set to increase to £10,000 when these new laws are introduced next month.

F@cking joke man. They'll be wanting you you to run a boarded lift round the bed of the lorry next. £5,000 fine to the scaffolder????

Drink Drivers that have recklessly contributed to the deaths of others have been let off with less.

I'm all for safety at work but when will the slightest idiom of common sense prevail? Just looking for easy targets to extort money from if you ask me just like the speed cameras, the subsequent fines imposed from them in the name of safety. People need to be saved from themselves.

Never mind thousands of years of evolution that got the human race to where it is now. It's called natural selection, if your f@cking stupid enough to somehow fall off the back of a lorry and die, chances are your too stupid to be of any real benefit to the world at large anyway.

Last edited:
F@cking joke man. They'll be wanting you you to run a boarded lift round the bed of the lorry next. £5,000 fine to the scaffolder????

Drink Drivers that have recklessly contributed to the deaths of others have been let off with less.

I'm all for safety at work but when will the slightest idiom of common sense prevail? Just looking for easy targets to extort money from if you ask me just like the speed cameras, the subsequent fines imposed from them in the name of safety. People need to be saved from themselves.

Never mind thousands of years of evolution that got the human race to where it is now. It's called natural selection, if your f@ckimg stupid enough to somehow fall off the back of a lorry and die, chances are your too stupid to be of any real benefit to the world at large anyway.

In Australia we actually had to do that round the sides of the trailers that had generators on.

Think its the cost of the advanced refresher they are bringing in every 5 years.

If you hold the three gold cards,advance,advance inspection and supervisor then you're in for a shock,someone said the five yearly renewal will likely be double the £800 that's being bandied about,so on that score it would be £4800 to keep your three cards up to date:eek:,feck it,you'd be better off buying cisrs shares:suspicious:

If you hold the three gold cards,advance,advance inspection and supervisor then you're in for a shock,someone said the five yearly renewal will likely be double the £800 that's being bandied about,so on that score it would be £4800 to keep your three cards up to date:eek:,feck it,you'd be better off buying cisrs shares:suspicious:

Still only a score a week. The NASC have to do something to raise revenue. The way these training companies are churning out scaffolders with cards there soon will be no one left to train. Just look at the numbers getting cards compared to the early days.

Still only a score a week. The NASC have to do something to raise revenue. The way these training companies are churning out scaffolders with cards there soon will be no one left to train. Just look at the numbers getting cards compared to the early days.

How can a self appointed organisation hold an entire industry to ransom??don't the nasc already take about 5k a year from the members it represents??why should the majority who are being alienated be made to pay,the nasc would do better by embracing the sme's of the scaffold industry in this country instead of lording it over the real backbone of our industry,surely they can see this:wondering:

Top Bottom