Training?

That seems to be the norm, but I wondered about doing it another way to make sure no one is left behind. The main problem is what do you do with the experienced gang when they knock the job up in minutes?

I wasn't going to mention any names Rachet but to be honest I don't think they will mind. I did it at NETA, which looks like an excellent centre and has obviously been recently re-organised to make the best use of the square footage they have. I met 3 instructors there, 2 had years of training experience behind them and have their own theories for learning but the guy I shadowed is an old forum member who used to travel up to me to do our in-house training. His name is Steve Gregory, but as he is now out of the country for a few weeks I would not normally have named him but to be honest I have nothing but positive remarks to say about him.

Steve the Bas*ard took me on my part 2. He filled my head with so much info over course and really made us graft. Hated him at the time but looking back I thought i was going to have 2 weeks holiday. I really enjoyed the course! so incase i get steve for assessment because he is very strict " I think you are great Steve" :blink1: Dont know if he is here.

Yes he's called Rachet now, Dopeydave. (Is that you Ian?)lol

This open forum was nearly closed down
cant remember why tho a slagging match then someone took the huff i think;)

I recently completed my 2 week shadow course for the part 1. I went with an open mind but if I'm honest, thought it would be a bit boring as it's so basic. As it turned out, I loved it and enjoyed almost every minute of it despite wanting to kick one or two off the job grab the spanner from them and do the jobs myself. They tell me I will get over that soon enough but it can be quite frustrating at times. I learned a lot and was able to pass on a couple of thing's that maybe wasn't part of the CISRS criteria but I felt the boy's needed to know. My interest in the training game came about from what I saw as absolutely no improvement or benefit when apprentices came back from their stint at the centre but after witnessing the training first hand my mind is up and down as how to improve it and who actually is to blame when it falls short. The particular course I was on suffered slightly from the sheer variance of experience. One guy felt it could have been condensed to a week which to be honest it could have been but most felt it was the correct length, I felt some could be there a month before it would have sunk in. One thing I am sure off, everyone who was on that course will go back to their work on Monday morning and immediately be able to impress those around them with their new found skills.:cool:

good for you glad it went well and you are enthused :)

Top Bottom