Training?

Again I can see where you are coming from and it would work. The only thing I would say about that is, the trainers only have a limited time with them, the gaffers have as long as they want before deciding if they are ready. To get the best out of your limited time at the training centre you need to be already equipped with some level of experience to pull your training into your working world, how else would you know what was relevant to you and what questions to ask?

just a basic knowledge of been a lab loading wagon the squence it goes up take them a good week to learn how to gear because people dont have time to mother them f you get a lab that can handle there gear, load a wagon you are half way there i think apply this with a bit of technical bits over lets say a week 2day technical 2 day learning carryign gear loading the wagon would be a bit repetative taking gear off the wagon walking to a ginny wheel tiying it off pulling it off some 1 un tiying it tying it to nother ginny wheel and lowering it to anodthe lab walking back and putting back on wagon simples lol

To be honest Marra, I think there is word of just such a course, not sure how long it will be maybe a week but I think your prayers will eventually be answered. Me personally, would prefer to train them for a few months first to see if they would be worth sending at all but each to their own.

Well done alistair,i did suspect that you were off on the instructing trail by a conversation a few months back and your absence on here,is that you through the first shadow now?are you booked in for the second one?at what point do you become qualified?lots of questions pal,i want to know all about it ali,so come on get instructing lol..............:)

As far as I know BF I am now fully qualified, but as with so many things in life I may not yet be competent.;)

I did my PTLLS in early January, then my part 1 shadow, still need a CRB check and first aid appointed person certificate and I am good to go. This only allow's me to take a part 1 course and only the centre I was delivering in would let me shadow further courses as they saw fit. There is a question over my teaching experience, some could see it as minimal as I have not come from a training background but it could be argued I have been doing it for years within my own firm but it is possible they may require me to shadow another course at another centre to make up for my lack of experience. That would not put me up nor down to be honest as it could be a pain in the erse but I would genuinely love to see how another centre and instructor handles certain situations, so basically it's all good.

Alreet just looking for sum info off experienced lads. Am in the mob at the minuet. Am putting my notice in soon to leave. I have already cracked my cisrs part 1. Just wondering what Other things would I be looking at doing to get a start with a firm. When am home at weekends and on leave am trying to labouring graft in. Also what would anyone recommend town work. Or trying to get on with industrial dominant firm. Cheeres for any help. Av put it on here coz I haven't got a f-ing scooby how to start a new thread.

I was working on w/ends and when a was on leave. Then a just cracked it when u was on post op leave. So work is scares at the min. Like mots things who u no not what you no. So just take any work a can get. What safety passports and that should I do and how. Cheeres mate

Sound mate cheeres will do.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Cheeres John.

Come and shadow me at ncc south.

Got to be honest Instructor, if I had the time I would like nothing more. I reckon if I have to do it again it would be better in Glasgow. I might drop you a PM though as I do have a few questions.

Got to be honest Instructor, if I had the time I would like nothing more. I reckon if I have to do it again it would be better in Glasgow. I might drop you a PM though as I do have a few questions.

It nice to someone from industry having a real look at whats going on with training.The people who do the training dont do it just for the money, its about giving some think back to the industry.

I would whole heartedly agree with that. I would also love to be in a position to shadow every centre to get a picture of how much they vary throughout the country. That's not going to happen but hopefully I will be able to develop my own style within the criteria.

Instructor, if you had a gang who were brilliant on the tools and a gang who had to be walked through the entire process one step at a time, do you have any leeway to challenge the experienced gang by getting them to build something else?

I know you will have the usual logistical and resource problems, but can it be done?

I would whole heartedly agree with that. I would also love to be in a position to shadow every centre to get a picture of how much they vary throughout the country. That's not going to happen but hopefully I will be able to develop my own style within the criteria.

Instructor, if you had a gang who were brilliant on the tools and a gang who had to be walked through the entire process one step at a time, do you have any leeway to challenge the experienced gang by getting them to build something else?

I know you will have the usual logistical and resource problems, but can it be done?

would you not just split the gangs up so theres a bit of exprience in each gang move the other forwud a bit

would you not just split the gangs up so theres a bit of exprience in each gang move the other forwud a bit

That seems to be the norm, but I wondered about doing it another way to make sure no one is left behind. The main problem is what do you do with the experienced gang when they knock the job up in minutes?

Where did you do your shadow at and with whom?

I wasn't going to mention any names Rachet but to be honest I don't think they will mind. I did it at NETA, which looks like an excellent centre and has obviously been recently re-organised to make the best use of the square footage they have. I met 3 instructors there, 2 had years of training experience behind them and have their own theories for learning but the guy I shadowed is an old forum member who used to travel up to me to do our in-house training. His name is Steve Gregory, but as he is now out of the country for a few weeks I would not normally have named him but to be honest I have nothing but positive remarks to say about him.

that seems to be the norm, but i wondered about doing it another way to make sure no one is left behind. The main problem is what do you do with the experienced gang when they knock the job up in minutes?

I wasn't going to mention any names rachet but to be honest i don't think they will mind. I did it at neta, which looks like an excellent centre and has obviously been recently re-organised to make the best use of the square footage they have. I met 3 instructors there, 2 had years of training experience behind them and have their own theories for learning but the guy i shadowed is an old forum member who used to travel up to me to do our in-house training. His name is steve gregory, but as he is now out of the country for a few weeks i would not normally have named him but to be honest i have nothing but positive remarks to say about him.

send them out to aoms for last couple of days ;)

As far as I know BF I am now fully qualified, but as with so many things in life I may not yet be competent.;)

I did my PTLLS in early January, then my part 1 shadow, still need a CRB check and first aid appointed person certificate and I am good to go. This only allow's me to take a part 1 course and only the centre I was delivering in would let me shadow further courses as they saw fit. There is a question over my teaching experience, some could see it as minimal as I have not come from a training background but it could be argued I have been doing it for years within my own firm but it is possible they may require me to shadow another course at another centre to make up for my lack of experience. That would not put me up nor down to be honest as it could be a pain in the erse but I would genuinely love to see how another centre and instructor handles certain situations, so basically it's all good.

Well done aom. Finally a man who will break that old saying "those who can do, those who can't teach." More power to you mate.

Top Bottom