Top or Bottom

aom

Reaction score
I know what the book say's but if you were building a job on sloped ground where would you start and why? I recently got this wrong on a training course in fact I got nearly all the part 1 stuff wrong but that's another story.:embarrest:

Id start on the low level and work my way up,dont want to be climbing up a tube to reach the fittings.Hope Im right but even if not least Im not the only one:D

I will let it lie for a bit digsie till we hear what other's do.

Maybe a couple of the non posters would like to throw their hat in the ring for such a simple question?

i havent done one of these for ages but last time i did one on a steep slope i started at the bottom and stepped the legger up as the slope went up. if its not right who cares each to there own lol!!!!

Thats an irony in itself Aom,could be a long wait.

I thought maybe when I look at the names at the bottom that I don't recognise it would be a good opportunity for them to contribute a simple top or bottom.

PMSL---thats a feckin cracker...

Well I'd go for the lowest part of the gradient, because you could continue the Sway brace ( 45 - 35 Degrees ) along the length of the facade running in tandem to the angle of the gradient...

I Always Try To Start At The Highest Ground Point Folks, Just The Way I Was Taught.

aye, digsie---only the brave on this one eh PMSL...

Reputations at stake here LOL...

Mind you Im not saying Im right if Im wrong I'll take it on the chin...:blink:

Glad im away to Oz maybe i can hide down there if Im found to be lacking in the slope department.Might try Holland I heard its very flat over there:D

aye, digsie---only the brave on this one eh PMSL...

Reputations at stake here LOL...

Mind you Im not saying Im right if Im wrong I'll take it on the chin...:blink:

haha, I might start another thread for the minimum size of a sole pad on soft ground.:eek:

Start at the bottom, run my Kicker Lift off Swivels from my first set of Standards, to the pitch of the slope (say 6 inches up, or a Bubble up or whatever) and run my first 2m Lift in, from my first set Standards and Level them in as far as i can all the way till it meets the start of the slope, then Tranny/Board out from that slope and work my way back towards the start of the Scaffold/First set of Standards.

Then add another 2m Lift on top of that and repeat until i meet the slope again and do the same as before until i reach the Last set of Standards in the job.

The Kicker will be off Swivels with Aberdeens joining my Standards together - all the way along the bottom. :)
Which will also give me a starting point for my first 2m Lift.

Thats how i would do it, and i would also do it if i was basing a job out on a slope of a Staircase.

Top Bottom