The Snow has started

I would agree with that happy, pity we couldn't see more of it closer to home.

BACK TO THE WEATHER,JUST WENT INTO THE KITCHEN TO GET A WEE CAN AND THE BACK GARDENS FECKING WHITE(NOT SUPRISING GOING BY SOME OF MY POSTS:nuts:)HAD A DOUBLE CHECK IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH THE BLINDS UP AND YES ITS A WHITE OUT.

Is it snowing or have you just been sneezing?:amuse:

we got a little dusting of the snow here in cumbria!! only this time last year i was wishing it too come as workin for counsil n worked in the gritters.. but dreadin the f00ker this year lol.

It was a right miserable morning here and the roads were pretty dodgy, a lot of sad wee faces when I finally got to the yard after one of the boys had to come and jump start the jeep. Took the boy's for breakfast then cleaned the yard and trucks, sometimes it's just not worth the risk leaving the yard.

Going soft up there Aom?? Thought you worked in your kilts sunk toyurnuts.lol. Porrige for breaky then forcemarched to site.
Still glorious sunshine at the mo.

I think that was just daftscaff, he is well named.;)

I see its nasty up there at the minute,will you get your selves sorted before the break.

just home after doing cantilever round the top of a church steeple in my kilt,all the passers by thought the church bells were ringing but you all know better now :eek
doubled up on the checkers because of the amount of snow that was lying 3foot when i fecked off
just ready now for a bowl of broth and a big helping of haggis topped off with a wee whisky sauce;):

Last edited:
It sounds a bit soft Frederik but to be honest with all the regulations involved with building scaffolds I feel we are now most at risk whilst out on the road and as I said in a previous post, my local authority tend to spread most of their road salt whilst it's raining and by the time the snow comes it's more expensive than gold with the result being if we really don't have to go out in it we won't. The snow isn't actually that bad at the moment probably no more than a couple of inches but there are still some very heavy hail showers which is probably more dangerous and like driving on marbles. There is no great pressure on us at the moment but work is already getting stacked for the beginning of the year, so if we have to sit back for a week or two and enjoy the run down to Christmas so be it. :cool:

Cold winds with wintry showers here today,snow forcast for higher ground,half expecting it tonight,but its been good weather really up to now,so cant complain,at least we're not getting it like last year:noworry:

i just can't wait till the 21st when we finish, then off to newcastle on 22nd for our works do, gonna be a messy 1 like, love newcastle for a night out!!

Just watch Paddy is not out on the same night or you might change your mind.:laugh:

Should be a rough old night north of the border tonight boys,looks like heavy rain all day down this neck of the woods,ah the joys of a warm office:toung:

Forecast reckons 75 - 90 mph winds tomorrow, should be interesting. Spent most of the day reviewing our arrangements in regards to ties, netting and board retainers to make sure we are prepared.

Stuck in a tropical hanger on Manchester Airport preping a Jet for a re-paint!

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

If you want a rush order I can get some up, let me know.

Lucky. Not much call for retainers in a hanger.:noworry:

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I think we should be ok for the remainder of the year but may need more in January if we are going to be as busy as anticipated.

Top Bottom