The big thaw

so what happened to garry adams im not looking through all them

Hi Allan mate
Last i heard of Garry, he was working at ST Fergus or something doing 7x12 hr shifts.:eek:
Feck that for a game of soldiers.:D

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

dave b2 - i met garry on the iosh forums bout 4 years ago , solved all mannerism of problem solving i needed help with , likewise there was a few other scaff guys on there that was willing to help
My safety guy is iosh and i said to him about the forums and he said they are gay - then sits on facebook in his lunch break hah

Scaffy mate, i am now using the SF to fill out my CPD,every little helps, as it is H&S work related, (at times);)

About CPD
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) helps you create a structured career path, as well as safeguard your professional status. CPD is about your skills, knowledge and expertise, and reflecting on what you've gained or achieved.

Think about your employer, colleagues and clients. Taking part in CPD sends them a strong message that you're serious about keeping your skills and experience fresh and fit-for-purpose.

How does CPD work?
•You create a framework to identify your skill gaps – technical or personal
•You plan to do activities that will refresh or expand your knowledge and experience to fill the skill gaps
•On the basis of what you've gained from the activities you've completed, you update your CPD online

Do all members have to do CPD?
All Chartered Fellows, Chartered Members, Graduate and Technician Members have to carry out CPD to safeguard their professional membership status. Affiliate Members are welcome to take part, but they don't have to.

Whichever category of membership you belong to, you'll find that the scheme helps you to formulate and work to an effective career plan.

CPD
You'll be able to keep your online CPD record up to date by logging into MyIOSH – the pages of our website that are personalised to you. When you're logged in, check and update your CPD by clicking Take me to my MyCPD.

Your CPD is completely secure, which means you can update your records from any computer that has internet access. We've designed your CPD with the busy practitioner in mind. It's easy to use, so you'll be able to spend more time developing as a professional rather than filling out forms.

oh rite sounds good , you are a tech iosh aint ya ?? what sort of studying did you have to do for that , i have often meant to do my nebosh and iosh but never found no quick route , im intelligent enough but aint got much spare time.
Is a tech iosh anything like the nebosh ??

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

oh rite sounds good , you are a tech iosh aint ya ?? what sort of studying did you have to do for that , i have often meant to do my nebosh and iosh but never found no quick route , im intelligent enough but aint got much spare time.
Is a tech iosh anything like the nebosh ??

difference between iosh and nebosh is not a lot , if you pass your nebosh exams upto a certain grade you become tech iosh, which is basically like an improver .

if you pass your iosh exams upto a certain grade you become tech iosh

you have to apply for tech iosh

the cpd helps you build up your portfolio as paddy has mentioned, passing more exams plus cpd means you are allowed to become just iosh:laugh:

passing your diploma allows you to wear a brand new looking hi viz coat (4 yr old never seen graft ) a blue helmet and walk around site with a clipboard being an ass to everyone, while site management milk your man meat :D

anything else you wanna know scaffy just ask bud :D

P.S hope you didnt want two answers

TUC H&S stage 1, 3 mths.
TUC H&S stage 2, 3 mths
TUC Diploma in Occupational H&S welfare and Environment 1 year, all these courses were on 'day release' however like the NEBOSH, it is the homework that does your napper in.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Training The presence of union safety reps prevents thousands of major injuries at work every year. And there's an army of them out there. Unionlearn has trained over 320,000 trade union safety reps; with 10,000 more trained each year. The more trade union training the reps get, the more marked the "union safety effect."

The TUC training programme provides technical and legal information; the health, safety and welfare courses also aim to help safety reps understand general procedures for coping with the wide range of hazards that may come their way.

Trained reps are at the cutting edge when it comes to addressing the new hazards of the 21st century. According to an HSE evaluation, trade union safety training is "an important stimulus for taking up 'new issues' in health and safety." It found, for example, gender sensitive strategies, stress surveys, representing workers offsite, participatory risk assessment and work organisation.

The Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations give union reps the right to attend in paid work time union-approved safety courses, although employers are sometimes reluctant to approve requests. Where reps are denied access to union safety training, they can take the case to an employment tribunal.
All workers must be provided the training they require to do other jobs safely.

Links

Hazards at work - TUC guide to health and safety. Also know as "The Safety Reps' Bible" with over 30 chapters covering types of hazards, summaries of the law, dealing with accidents, and checklists for action. ISBN: 1 85006 368 0. Member price: £20.00; educational price: £30.00; non-member price: £45.00. Yearly update: £5.00. From TUC Publications.

So much for the big thaw. When I got up this morning it was raining and I thought "ya wee beauty." By the time I got to the yard it had started snowing again and the boy who travels arrived with his front wing done in where he went off the road in the ice. We are almost back to where we started last week.:(

Nice and clear down here mate , got this weeks work and last weeks to do so gonna be busy day !!

Good on ya scaffy, still going to be a struggle for us till Thursday if you believe the forecast.

Its still freezing here. No snow since Friday, so a mix of a foot of snow on fields off road and solid ice on the pavements!

Over a foot of snow in Glasgow this morning , when will it end for crying out loud :evil::sad2:

Been snowing none stop from 5am til 1pm here in Fife so had another couple of inches on top of the foot and half we already had. Spent most of Sunday clearing snow from our hedges (collapsing under the weight), path, and cars only to have to do it all again this morning before I could get out to work. Im sick of the bloody stuff now.

Been snowing none stop from 5am til 1pm here in Fife so had another couple of inches on top of the foot and half we already had. Spent most of Sunday clearing snow from our hedges (collapsing under the weight), path, and cars only to have to do it all again this morning before I could get out to work. Im sick of the bloody stuff now.

wheres superscaff when we need him :bigsmile:

Pulled all tags on site today, not that anyone was going to be foolish enough to get up on a scaffold, but the amount of snow on the boards, seriously overloaded.

i been out clearing more snow away steve, we had couple more inches here again last night , i play darts on a monday night and while walking back home last night it felt as though it had warmed slightly and could snow , woke up this morn and it had snow :eek:

working in kent at the moment and have had over a week off due to the poxy snow. all my guvnor keeps saying is nowork till the weather improves which is not anytime soon. give me a shovel and ill go and make the site safe!

Top Bottom