Swivels?

Cant remember saying anything about swivs Super. Aom insists on it,would be interesting know what I said.lol.

Ah FFS, don't tell me I will have to go back and search for it will I?

Why noy use swivels when they are the same load bearing of a double? Or have i got tgat terribly wtong???

If I remember correctly Weaverbix, I mentioned on a thread that at one point some time ago there was some doubt about the strength of the centre pin which would be taking all the weight in a saddle job. It came to very little but I have always avoided using swivels as much as I can since then, just a habit really.

I hate searching for anything on here but to be honest I haven't even tried yet but I always thought it was called "Is a swivel a load bearing fitting" but using the search function it doesn't exist.:unsure:

You may be right on the thread name. I think a lot of the threads are case sensitive on search info

FFS, i canny speel it how the feck am I suppose to know if they used capitals or not, maybe marra wrote it.:eek:

"iS sWuvulS a lAde bARinG FitiNg marra.:laugh:

Only joking matey, please don't take offence.:unsure:

If I remember correctly Weaverbix, I mentioned on a thread that at one point some time ago there was some doubt about the strength of the centre pin which would be taking all the weight in a saddle job. It came to very little but I have always avoided using swivels as much as I can since then, just a habit really.

Thats cool aom. Was trying to answer something in my heed at the same time as posting usless crape on simeone elses thread ha ha.

No worries, I do that all the time.:laugh:

I was always told that Doubles are the only load bearing fitting you can get , Some people will also say a sleeve is too or a fcukin baseplate :blink:

you wouldnt punch off with a swivel would ya you wouldnt hang a dropper off a swivel , heavy duty support work always has 80% of the bracing off doubles etc and before anyone mentions splicing using swivels you are generally using 4 or more swivels .

Doing street work Job n Knock etc etc we all know the score its more a case of sling the job up as fast an safe as possible and onto next challenge and many a job gets put up say cantilevered up with swivels and its probably more than adequate for them jobs , but in reality of more strenuous surroundings I would always use a double. :eek:

I agree but the swivels are almost the same as a double and what about set that's load bearing?

haha, Feck off you thick geordie ****, a set is probably called band and plate for you soft southerers.:laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom