Swivels?

i dont think any temp roof i've ever done has had the plan off SW phil, always been DC-DC staunchin to staunchin

Not according to the CITB , you put your plan bracing on the bottom stringers swivel to swivel , having said that i normally put them under the top chord on swivels

On a Roof, i use them for the Plans, under the bottom Chords, but everything else is on Doubles.

But on Beamwork, everything is Double to Double, or as best as i can make it.

How much of a pain is under slinging plan braces on a roof Jason , plus you already have your stringers every 2m , and only clips on your purlins , so its a hell of a lot easier and stronger to put your plan brace under the top chord

I Always Use Band And Plate On Saddles Always, Just How I Was Taught Gents.

Not according to the CITB , you put your plan bracing on the bottom stringers swivel to swivel , having said that i normally put them under the top chord on swivels

dont care what the citb sez phil if my desighner shows them on the drwg off the staunchins off doubles then thats what we do, much firmer and secure especially if lifting into place with a crane,:D

How much of a pain is under slinging plan braces on a roof Jason , plus you already have your stringers every 2m , and only clips on your purlins , so its a hell of a lot easier and stronger to put your plan brace under the top chord
Only put them under on Swivels because i usually only Plan a pair of Beams at a time and slinging a 10ft Tube under is easier then running your Spine Tube underneath - which could be x-amount long and continous, lol.

I put my Spine in off Doubles on top of the bottom part of the Beam.

Irrespective of which coupler you use the plan brace should be on the compression chord of the beam, in most cases the top. This is reversed in a cantilever.

That where your spine tube should be Jason , you should have nothing under slung on the bottom chord , then you just under sling your plan brace to the bottom of the top of the beam , it is the way it is on nearly all our drawings , and if it wasn't then i would question why.

Don't worry Frederik, I know it's all fun but are we still all agreed a swivel is load bearing all the time, or is the wee diddy firm that only appears out the mist every 100 years like Brigadoon got a point?:D

Think they (the rule makers) only changed the swivel to a load bearing fitting only a few years ago, which is all good, perhaps depends on your personal choice, I prefer using a butt with doubles to a swivel, but then again depends what it was going to be used for and if its pissing down and I want to go home then probably use a swivel, also had a swivel fail on me that was being used on a wind brace, needless to say I a sh1t myself and nearly went over with it.

Scaffy would make you an offer and sell them on as class B.:laugh:

He is a machine isn't he. Even I could sell him thousands of short boards, they are riddled with nails and no end bands on them, split pretty badly on both ends but otherwise in tip top condition.:cool:

I dont think i have ever bought a short board , just cut them down and band them.

In his defense he probably got them in a package as a job lot , still hard to shift short boards though

Aye, we are the same just keep cutting till your left with a sole pad, same with the tube really. The only problem with that is the short boards are always the dodgiest looking.:eek:

Hahahahha aint that the truth and when the sole boards are really fooked , i use them in the fire bin in the winter

i never mind the lads cutting a board to do a job just as long as they band it , most are only used for stop end toe boards anyway.

Funny that, I am the same. Lots of things annoy me but cutting boards even new ones is just part of the job. It does get a bit exasperating when your tripping over a 1000 4 foots in the yard and you tell them to pass you one up and they just stare blankly at you and say they will need to cut another one.:(

aom have you got a link to the thread regarding what frederic said bout swivels

feking hell scaff thats yonks ago lol aom heed been filled with snow for last 3 months he wont have a clue lol, what about the swivels give us a clue lol

Top Bottom