Supervisors? Managers? Bosses? - are you willing to take the fall??

Will you take the fall??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your right Trevor,Im not disagreeing with,but at what cost????
H/s should be about health and saftey information to help safer workin practises for free.!l Not sanctioning a money cow
Certain groups seem to have a stranglehold on industries which cant be challenged. (No freebies here) Costs scaffs a fortune and you aint allowed to put up an alli tower.
Cut me rant off here,could turn into a debate. or anovel.
Shame scaffs are so divided,whats caused This???
All for one and one for all........ an awl that:confused:

Believe me, I'm no H&S Jobsworth, but once the whole malarchy is in the system I cannot see how it can ever be stopped from ever expanding. More opportunities for "trainers" and accreditation bodies who don't add anything to the economy in any real sense.

Construction is not the only industry affected by all this. HGV & PSV (bus) drivers have to undergo 35 hours of accredited training per 5 years. This is ongoing - its not just a case of getting your ticket (or whatever) and its for keeps. The slate is wiped clean at a certain date and you have to start again.

Scaffs are divided because they are men. Compared to women, men have no inbuilt instinct to unite with other men (and I'm not talking about the likes of Rob3rt here!). A man sees all other men as competition and will suspect the worst.

People say that this forum is "not what it used to be". Is it surprising, given that it has been trashed from within?

great post there trevor.
sad as it is the training and recertification will not go away but the fact that so many men are working through agencies(not a digg at agencies)and are deemed self employed they are hit in the pocket with the so called health and safety gurus.
THE WHOLE TRAINING AND A CARD FOR EVRY PERMUTATION THAT COMES ALONG IS A FECKING JOKE YOU ARE EIGTHER AN ALL ROUND SCAFFOLDER COMPETANT IN TUBE AND FITTING AS WELL AS SYSTEM.
SYSTEM APPRECIATION COURSES FOR OTHER TRADES SHOULD BE BANNED AS IT IS A DANGER AND ONLY SERVES THE PURPOSE OF GREED FOR THE TRAINING ESTABLISHMENTS;)

Top Bottom