Supervisors? Managers? Bosses? - are you willing to take the fall??

Will you take the fall??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No mate I am included as well. Maybe time for a legitimate w@nkers association thread?

I am lucky I have an a/c'd office to sit in while I point my fingers and Indians work themselves to death to earn my bonus otherwise I would be mortally offended.:embarrest:

Bloody hell, an 8 x 8 tower just collapsed onto my desk!!!

Lucky, it JUST missed my laptop...

This is not an arguement its an interesting debate. No need to call forum members w@nkers its not big and its not clever.
Please explain exactly what question you would like me to answer Jason and I will do my utmost to oblige.
And as for paying Indians 3 pound an hour to work 18 hour days you are revealing your ignorance of overseas work and the gulf region in particular.
We only employ Nepalese who are trained, competent and who are approved by both a recognised training establishment and some of the world's major EPCM companies.
These Nepalese work a standard 48 hour week and are paid just under one pound fifty an hour. This is approximately 4 times what they would earn at home. Anything over 48 hours is voluntary overtime and paid at an enhanced rate. Digs, food and travel are provided. Cape for example employ Indians and pay them half what we pay our guys.
Anyway please let me know the question and don't spit the dummy out again and leave. Its just not British.

I haven't had an answer to the question that I asked about the question that I was asked about.
I am now off to decorate the walls of my house with the skulls of the Asian scaffolders who worked themselves to death for my bonuses.

Fcuk this forum its full of winkers ;););) I have had an offer to join scaffmag so see you.

You'll be laughing when i stick my foot up your arse? hmm?
Whatever. You just carry on acting like a politician: talking non-sense and refusing to answer a question.

Might as well lock the thread. As USUAL im the only person here with a pair of balls.
London Bridge all over again eh?

You'll be laughing when i stick my foot up your arse? hmm?
Whatever. You just carry on acting like a politician: talking non-sense and refusing to answer a question.

Might as well lock the thread. As USUAL im the only person here with a pair of balls.
London Bridge all over again eh?

You will have to take your foot out of your mouth first.

Now ask the question so I can answer it.

Asked it about 12 times Fred.
Cant be bothered, put as many uncarded men on as many jobs as you want.
Hell, why not put underage pregnant blind paraplegics on the job too. More the merrier.

The CISRS card is not a legal requirement but a preferred training qualification. Under the WAH regulations you must be competent.To put an incompetent scaffolder with a gold CISRS card on a hanger would be as reckless as putting an untrained and unqualified scaffolder on it. Does that answer it?

Asked it about 12 times Fred.
Cant be bothered, put as many uncarded men on as many jobs as you want.
Hell, why not put underage pregnant blind paraplegics on the job too. More the merrier.
You don't a scaffold card to erect scaffolding, it's not mandatory. Keep up

The CISRS card is not a legal requirement but a preferred training qualification. Under the WAH regulations you must be competent.To put an incompetent scaffolder with a gold CISRS card on a hanger would be as reckless as putting an untrained and unqualified scaffolder on it. Does that answer it?

~ Put a crap Advanced on a Hanger... shouldnt be too hard (ive worked with loads LOADS of balloon heads with Gold Cards).

~ The Hanger drops or something else bad happens.

~ The HSE turn up.

~ They ask: "is this man qualified?"
~ You reply: "yes, he is CISRS qualified"

The end...

or:

all of the above happens and you reply: "no, he has no qualifications..."
You go to prison.

The end...

Picture this scenario. Running a job in a dry docks. Semi sub in for refit including painting. Complete underdeck scaffold requires a hanger moonpool the lot. All this 300 foot above the drydock. Who do you put on it the white as a sheet shaking CISRS advanced card holder who has the qualifcation and training to be deemed confident but his only experience of hangers was the one on his advanced course with safety net and all. Or the former ECITB card holder who is no longer deemed by the CISRS to be competent but has done hangers all his life offshore, power stations and rig yards.?

Ok. So that means that every single painter, bricky, sparky etc ever sacked from tampering with a Scaffold has a massive 'unfair dismissal' claim coming up?

A painter can be 'competent' at Scaffolding...
That what your saying then, yes?

Yes I would take the wrap for the correct money which in my eyes is about £80,000 a year

Ok. So that means that every single painter, bricky, sparky etc ever sacked from tampering with a Scaffold has a massive 'unfair dismissal' claim coming up?

Question for you Fred.

Question for you Fred.

Of course a painter would not be deemed competent unless he had experience and training in scaffolding. Although over 20 years ago some offshore companies put industrial painters on CITB run scaffolding courses so they could alter scaffolding offshore.
All I have ever said is a man put on a hanger must be competent. You yourself have just said you ahve done hangers with people who are not competent even though they hold the magic gold card. Doing one hanger in Erith or Bircham Newton does not make you competent in my opinion. That comes with experience.

Rig blast had scaffolder painters, so did palmers when I worked there

If that painter can prove he is a competent scaffolder and was authorised to alter the scaffolding then yes.

But if he was he wouldn't have been sacked would he?

Top Bottom