Supervisors? Managers? Bosses? - are you willing to take the fall??

Will you take the fall??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All your comments would count for nothing in a court of law. The men wearing the funny hair wig start with under
1) The health and safety at work act 1974.
2) The work height regulations 2005
No mention of your opinions only facts under the sections of LAW

its a fact of life that supervisors,managers whatever will not send Scaffold Squads that are deemed "useless" to do high priority/risk jobs.
I beleive this happens on the Street firms,sites RigYards Powerstations etc.
you always have the CREAM and the others thats why you have guys on snagging constantly when others are Hanging by the balls,or miles high.
Thats because the jobs need to be done on time and safely without incident,so i would answer no;)
i know im a winker:eek:

Anyway we have 1500 linear metres of pipe rack hangers to kick off tomorrow. All TG20 compliant and designed and engineered. The lads on it are competent and have had training and have experience. Not a trapeze or safety net in site. They knock out one square metre an hour per man.That includes getting the gear up etc etc. So good night all.

its a fact of life that supervisors,managers whatever will not send Scaffold Squads that are deemed "useless" to do high priority/risk jobs.
I beleive this happens on the Street firms,sites RigYards Powerstations etc.
you always have the CREAM and the others thats why you have guys on snagging constantly when others are Hanging by the balls,or miles high.
Thats because the jobs need to be done on time and safely without incident,so i would answer no;)
i know im a winker:eek:
Bang on !

the strange thing about being charged by hse is the complete oposite to criminal law in the repect that normally its the prosecutions job to prove you to be guilty beyond any reasonable doubt....but with the hse its the defendants job to prove beyond any reasonable doubt...and you cant say i thought he was competant,our proof of compantancy comes from holding our cards...
i didnt realise till my mates dad Fred Aubrey was killed on site last year- he was squashed by a 360mac being driven by a person who had been driving it for over 20yrs but had no licence...his defence was that legally there was no requirement to have one to drive site plant and after 20yrs he deemed himself competent...the prosecution won when it argued that several agencys were verified by the hse to conduct driver & plant training,whos compentency was then recorded & carded...the driver was fined 5k and the company 35k.
no-one was jailed but everyone involved will be affected by the tragedy for the rest of their lives.
so the argument in the eyes of the law is there is no argument or defence reguarding compitency,other then recorded training by a registered agency

very good point southern,and a sad loss for all those concerned.
i may be wrong but a Scaff who gets put on a job he feels unsure of has a DUTY OF CARE for himself and others and should report any concerns if it turns to shiite and its recorded then he may have a bit of back up
IF NOT THEN HES AS LIABLE AS HIS GAFFER WHO SENT HIM TO THE JOB
not sure if thats correct but im sure there is a bit of truth in it.;)

No one will ever stop accidents from happening,from now untill eternity,regardless of experience or qualifications. imo.

What do you mean?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I meant all accidents could be prevented but the cost involved would be astronomical and every job would take forever before a base plate hit the deck.

I answered you.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Both of you.

it would be for you Kammin Racunt.
any major incident and youve got the burkha on and straight on the first flight to Islamabad yess much cheepness and a couple of dollars in blood money to your wee paalls family ;)

I voted No.

I think the passage of time has made it inevitable and once we've got ticketing/H&S/litigation etc its here to stay.

Life used to be simpler. Father's would pass on skills knowledge on sons. There was real apprenticeships. Now its all diversified, with agencies, sub-contractors,foreign workers, Brits working abroad... there needs to be some measure now and once it came it cannot just go away.

The profession is always going to be one of the most dangerous to be in, but we should do whatever is reasonable to minimise the chance of a bloke going off to work in the morning and not to come back alive.

Your right Trevor,Im not disagreeing with,but at what cost????
H/s should be about health and saftey information to help safer workin practises for free.!l Not sanctioning a money cow
Certain groups seem to have a stranglehold on industries which cant be challenged. (No freebies here) Costs scaffs a fortune and you aint allowed to put up an alli tower.
Cut me rant off here,could turn into a debate. or anovel.
Shame scaffs are so divided,whats caused This???
All for one and one for all........ an awl that:confused:

Top Bottom