Stop ends

timthumb

Reaction score
Just been told by trainer ALL stop ends should be double on double ...,,
Is that the case ...., before I go through 20.08

I used to do Double - Clip, but over the years ive worked on various Industrial jobs and they like the Double - Double approach.

I now do Double to Double all the time... along with Aberdeens as and when i can put them in. :)

so no double then single at the corner of a scaffold when the handrail is coming across the bay , fucks sake , this is as bad as doing a part 1 and bracing the legers , then in the real world it doesnt happen , well depending where u work , its these inconsistencies that piss me off , almost as bad as part 2's building cant drops and hangers offshore , when they are not qualified to do it.

True... depending on where your working depends on what you can get away with i suppose.

Some Firms want a job slapped up and some are happy for a few more days on the cost - in return for a decent quality of work.
Im not much of a slapper myself... (thats what she said! :D), so id prefer the longer/neater/better type of work.

also no hanging spanners over your groin,as my mate got reprimanded by an over zealous site agent as he said it had sexual connotations,i just think he wanted to see the larger bulge created by the harness but if it gets it signed off .....

No I must have missed that hswt ..,.
I've only just persuaded the blokes to use doubles on corners on just steel frame handrails

Oh well as long as I know won't take long to do with the iw 😄😄😄

i wonder if an instructor in some place is giving people different advice/knowledge to some other instructor , one saying brace ledgers , the others sayin standards , one saying brace zigzag , the other sayin , do it the other way

No I must have missed that hswt ..,.
I've only just persuaded the blokes to use doubles on corners on just steel frame handrails

Oh well as long as I know won't take long to do with the iw ������

Well it was on the sacks we used to pinch out of the fittings area at that yard in Hove. They used to send empty head to watch us....like taking candy lol

we had one saying only 4 transoms to a 13 ft board,always thought it was 5 with the 1200mm support,wont work out if you have your transom locked out 300mm or less from your standards and your max/min overhang is 150/50mm.anyway long story short it turns out the boards are classed a and b grade and the max support on the greater one is 1.5 m.This ****** was wrong on countless occasions but you cant pin sh*t to a wall and theres a answer to get most people out the **** if your high enough up the food chain,,,,shame sh*t roles downhill as the best blokes i know are picking up the crumbs at the mo!:mad:

i wonder if an instructor in some place is giving people different advice/knowledge to some other instructor , one saying brace ledgers , the others sayin standards , one saying brace zigzag , the other sayin , do it the other way

JB your guard rail should always b double to double on the stop ends regardless. if your working lift is double to single then you should be putting Aberdeen's underneath the working lift at the same pattern as the ledger bracing at a minimum. But like JG says it depends on who your working for , weather they want a quality looking job, or just some piece of siht that's been dropped by helicopter. ;-)

i meant at the corner of a scaffold where sometimes people put a handrail comin across the bay , cutting off the final third of the bay , and youd see it done with maybe a double on the standard and a single on the handrail on top of the other handrail

Will someone get the quote from 20:08 for this, as it is beyond my brain capacity. Do you put the scaffold returns on clips or do you use a double? Is the handrail return on a clip or a double? If it's a clip then what on earth is the difference. If it's a double then every days a learning day!!!

sure someone will get the quote up,we got told the reason being if your using the scaff step or simply clipping your lanyard on to that part of the handrail,it would have to be load bearing fittings,basically the guy taking our course didnt know,dont mind it though,belt and braces and all that ;)

almost as bad as part 2's building cant drops and hangers offshore , when they are not qualified to do it.

im part 2 and i done canti drop on my course fella so wheres this part 2s not qualified bit come from?:confused:
not having a pop just asking

As for stop ends i usually use whats handy :blink1:

we were told hand rails had to be doubbles regardless. as for truss out we did that on part 2 last week but we whent up not down only whent down to run bottom ledgers in might diffre round the country but ours was just a truss out

your qualified for a trussout mate,not a hanger;)

nope done truss out and canti drop at safety & access in nottingham, John Ellis was my assessor, a few months before assessed route was scrapped 2003/2004?

Apologies mate,did mine recently and they specified we are not qualified for hangers,so in that case is your part2 card worth more than mine lol,seriously though might start a thread on thisn:wondering:

Top Bottom