splayed scaffolds

Sounds ok Johnny but that would require a design. I know I know but if it's not in the users manual forget it. I did have a couple of pictures of one we did with cuplok, just 1 corner of a building but I think it's on the computer at work, I will post it if I can find it.

Aom I don’t think a designer would even know how to design that in cuplock the way I suggested. It all comes with experience as you and I well know….and lots of experience with cup lock..

Agreed but that is exactly what the HSE are clamping down on round here. It's been a while now and to be honest I think there are bigger breaches for them to contend with but they went to great lengths to inform all contractors in the Highlands that tubing was not the only scaffold type that required design input. Even getting any designer to do one with cup lok or one of the other copies is not the easiest task, there are 1 or 2 but not many, another reason I just do them with tube.

Agreed but that is exactly what the HSE are clamping down on round here. It's been a while now and to be honest I think there are bigger breaches for them to contend with but they went to great lengths to inform all contractors in the Highlands that tubing was not the only scaffold type that required design input. Even getting any designer to do one with cup lok or one of the other copies is not the easiest task, there are 1 or 2 but not many, another reason I just do them with tube.

i was allways under the impresion tha system you didnt needed a design we've done a few jobs in system coz they wanted a design so she gone up in system

If you can build it within the manufacturers guidelines you are fine. They usually give you a bit more scope than TG:20 but not much, a beam is still a beam no matter what is holding it up.

Top Bottom