splayed scaffolds

I put my first set of ledgers on doubles, next ones on clips with doubles in middle stds , then back onto doubles etc etc so basically ledgers go underneath then on top then underneath and the boards sit on each other almost perfickly :cool:

a standard to standard transom placed underneath the ledger off doubles.

It never used to be accepted but now it is? the son done his part 2 about 6 month ago and that was the way he was told to do it.

ps its just nice to see it done now off singles or not as the amount of men that can't do it is fukcins scary, 5 boards this end and 4 that.

LEAVE YOUR FUKCING TEMPS IN

lol alot

damo fraser's right so long as there's an aberdeen there, there shouldn't be a problem

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

or double on double thats always a favourite so you get a f#cking big step in it !!

damo fraser's right so long as there's an aberdeen there, there shouldn't be a problem

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

or double on double thats always a favourite so you get a f#cking big step in it !!

No big step in mine, with double to double.

well i do enjoy reading all the post.I just need to figure out ya'll guys lingo.they just don't talk like ya'll hear in albany louisiana.but I'm going to keep trying.I like to learn new things about scaffolding.but it sounds like ya'll are talking about bracing a buck scaffold also known as masonnary frames

welcome joe, what we are discussing is how to scaffold round a circular building

It's all alloy frames in the US isnt it ?
Didn't think they used Steele tube and fittings
Would be interested to know
I have a mate in Canada and he said its quite new to them over there

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

(he's a British lad who went over a couple of years ago)

Just a question would you use singles to fix your ledgers to your standards on an Independant? if no why would you use them on a Splay?

Just a question would you use singles to fix your ledgers to your standards on an Independant? if no why would you use them on a Splay?

You use single on a splay scaffold because you are continuous going around a corner and you want to try and keep the same level the whole way round ,meaning tube on top of tube , single over and under, checked with a double underneath you cannot do this with doubles as the tubes won’t sit on top of each other, and no you would not use singles for your ledgers on an independent as an independent is generally a long straight run thus a single is not load bearing that is why they would all have to be checked on the spay scaffold….no disrespect to you but how long have you being scaffolding?

You could keep the trapezium bay as small as possible depending on the size of your tank, set your ledgers below the normal ones and push an Aberdeen type transom tight underneath your boards to support them and no singles needed.:idea:

You could keep the trapezium bay as small as possible depending on the size of your tank, set your ledgers below the normal ones and push an Aberdeen type transom tight underneath your boards to support them and no singles needed.:idea:

or just use cuplock.....job done.....

Hate the stuff, not as tidy but you could but even then you have to remove a transom or bone as we call it fit it in a lower cup and use a mid transom.:idea:

set your towers out, instead of using the cup lock transoms just use tube and singles, on your corners drop your smaller ledgers, bridle a tube off your trannies for your transom on the coners,start on the inside with your smaller boards and work your way out with the longer ones, you would not even see a lapped board at the end of job, all the board would butt up to each other on your towers,pick your bridles up were need be,

temp standard, ledger on doubbles reurn ledger sititng on it singled to the standard also acts as a tranny works most of the time some times splay to acute ir to shallow

Top Bottom