splayed scaffolds

g-scaff

Reaction score
just this week finished a semi circular scaffold, using singles "over and under" 4 lifts high, every lift plan braced . [staggered ] last 2 days been on the sssts course and a scaff on there said you cant do that no more!! is this correct??

ive just finished my part 2 this week and thats how the college instructors made us do it so it must be ok.

we still use this method with a check fitting under the wraps,
althought sometimes we use radius tubes depending if its a round splay of off @angles

a standard to standard transom placed underneath the ledger off doubles.

It never used to be accepted but now it is? the son done his part 2 about 6 month ago and that was the way he was told to do it.

ps its just nice to see it done now off singles or not as the amount of men that can't do it is fukcins scary, 5 boards this end and 4 that.

LEAVE YOUR FUKCING TEMPS IN

aberdeen is a tube that goes from standard to standard under your ledger like a transom on doubles

Your rite jakdan I've seen lads struggle with splays,I think the problem is that instead of askin when they are unsure about something they just make it up,you should never be afraid to ask questions ,experienced hands will respect that more than trying to blag your way through.

ive seen some scaffs do splays using swivels cos they cant work how to get there standards in the right places.

a stick and many temp standards ,cant go wrong . i was made to do it wth band and plate once possibly by jakdan , but apparently you shouldnt use them this way so singles and a check it is

we still use this method with a check fitting under the wraps,
althought sometimes we use radius tubes depending if its a round splay of off @angles

I like this way, as i find it the easiest.
But, with over-the-top HSE im sure that this way has been banned or soon will be.

What about lacing the tubes together with Aberdeens?
They should hold the Standards together and be load bearing, so you can still use clips. :idea:

Always used plenty of temps,that way you can put a fleet of boards in,and your outside standards will drop in nicely,where they should be,never could get the offsets in the right place using a level or tape lol:cool:

Used to do it this way but got told it was wrong something about there's nthing to stop one tower pulling away from another so now do it were you connect each one wi a short ledger on doubles on the inside and a longer ledger on back again on doubles, which are underneathe the ledgers of the towers then you can get over ones on for boards

To make things easier for us, why not just ban ANY round shaped buildings/structures? ;)

Make everything nice and square, just how we like it, lol.

I've scaffoided a triangular building why would you want a triangular building lol

Did a full spay (complete circle) on our part 2. 8 towers fully braced up inside, outside & plan braces all double on double with the handrails connected with doubles as well. We were told connecting with singles isn't acceptable any more. By the time we got to the 3rd lift there was no gear left in the training center. Need some bloody stuff to get round a gas tank. :blink::blink::blink:

Top Bottom