Simian

R

ragscaff

Please find a copy section from an e-mail I have sent to Simon Hughes at Simian Risk.

"Dear Simon,

I am bit surprised I have not heard from you since we meet at the SCCR meeting with the HSE.

After all you showed a great interest in what we are doing. I did on behalf of the forum invite you to join under your own name so you could be involved in the training & Health & Safety topics on the site.

To date this has not happened.

Anyway I again ask you to join the site under your name or both you & Ian under Simian. We are looking at starting a Health & Safety section & you could have great input in this.

As you know when we spoke the SCCR is trying to work with other organisations to progress the Industry.

You are aware that this & any correspondence in this matter is Forum business & will be posted. If you do not want your reply posted then please let me know when you find time to return one to me.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Ragscaff

I think that having Simon and Ian and infact any of Simian's consultants or inspectors on this site can only be a good thing. We have certain people lending their knowledge and to have it straight from the horses mouth so to speak can only make our knowledge of current spec and legislations better, in turn making the industry a safer place. also some of the insight as to why things have changed will help us to accept the changes.

i say bring it on, if we could get alot of the training centres on board i know there are instructors here and alot of very knowledgeable people and i can only say thank you for the knowledge you share!

Enough arse kissing done now tieme to find me some Geordie Jeans!

never spoke to simon but ive delt with dave randles he inspects my job every week

Simon said he'd like to join but was a bit affraid of any backlash. That never happens on the scaffolders forum.

I did not know he was a shrinking violet, and so easily upset

Always had him down as a rough tough businessman that could stand his corner

Goes to show how wrong I can get it

I think that having Simon and Ian and infact any of Simian's consultants or inspectors on this site can only be a good thing. We have certain people lending their knowledge and to have it straight from the horses mouth so to speak can only make our knowledge of current spec and legislations better, in turn making the industry a safer place. also some of the insight as to why things have changed will help us to accept the changes.

i say bring it on, if we could get alot of the training centres on board i know there are instructors here and alot of very knowledgeable people and i can only say thank you for the knowledge you share!

Enough arse kissing done now tieme to find me some Geordie Jeans!

Oi.... What s a matter with Geordie Jeans like:wondering:

Simian in my opinion,would, and should be a assett, to the forum, Why should you have to pay, to have access to new legislation?

If it wasnt for the SF website, i would still be a Mushroom: kept in the dark, and fed with sh1t.

hey Paddy

atleast you would be a funghi....... get it get it!

Il get my coat....TAXI!!!!!!!

i think the particeapation of mr hughes and his company would be good for the forum,for input,advice,clarity.it would make sense for all sects,clans of the scaffolding world to pull together in the current economical climate,that would truely create a central nervose system for the ordinary scaff the comany owners to relate to each other in a way never devised in the construction sector never mind the scaffolding sector.also it would hopefuly put to bed this devisive tone that seems to exist between us and them.great idea.

Working together for the best of the industry is what everyone wants. The most important thing is we need a A.P.C.O. I would like to see more members bring something to the table instead of the rants,remember other people within the construction industry have access.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Sorry A.C.O.P A Code OF Practice

yes instructor but remember this is a SCAFFOLDERS forum,for scaffolders by scaffolders i think the day we start trying to marginalise what scaffolders want to say and need to say on the forum is the day when democracy dies on this site.im well aware that construction as a whole looks in here but the forum has to stay true to the people that it is dedicated to and for,no matter what the outcome regaurding simian sccr scaffolders forum,this site and the sccr are in the acendancy,but with a co-operatition with simian and the like the betterment for scaffolding as a whole would be felt by many.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

i would like to see EVERY member bring what he or she needs or wants to bring to the forum,not ever having to worry about censorship.many people have rants on here as they have issues they want to share or they feel aggrived on an issue,this can never be lost as thry are the building blocks of the site.

Working together for the best of the industry is what everyone wants. The most important thing is we need a A.P.C.O. I would like to see more members bring something to the table instead of the rants,remember other people within the construction industry have access.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Sorry A.C.O.P A Code OF Practice
Is it the case that there is no Code Of Practise For Access And Working Scaffolds published by the Health And Safety Executive (UK) I ask the question because the similar body the Health And Safety Authority (IRL) have published and updated it on 1st Jan 2009, to bring it into line with EN 12811. If any commitee member of the SCCR feel it might be of interest, PM me with an address and I will forward a copy, Alternately it's available on Health and Safety Authority - Home

I personally would love to see any one of these guy's on the forum putting a few myths to bed early door's. It might not be as much fun without the conjecture but education is definitely the key to understanding all the regulation changes we have to live and work with.

If the fiasco from the other night taught me anything it was there are a few with a distorted grip on reality or a twisted mental state with a thinly veiled agenda out to destroy a movement before it gets off the ground.

If they were to come on here under their own name unfortunately they might have to face a lot of different opinions from their own but having met them both I think they could easily handle that. This is a business, we know you have to earn a living, most on here can accept the regulations had to be changed and revised every 5 years to appease the hse but it would be great if either Simon or Ian came on and explained how they see every body complying with all these regulations.

This is a personal opinion.

The code of practice is what the NASC have failed to delivery to the industry. The NASC make a lot of money out of SG and TG notes. This is were the forum can come into its own,with real scaffolders being part of the change from the start.

obviously if they did join under their real name questions will be fired their way and not everybody would be happy with the answers!

As Aom said we understand things have to change, its just nice to know why they are changing and more importantly for me when they are changing.

once the initial onset of questions are fired and answered, it can only be a great asset to the scaffold community and the forum that Simon and Ian (and any others sorry ive only seen Rick Stathams name on stuff so dont know any more) and the consultants join, that way we can grow as an industry; in theory equal and together!

As i have said before, on site when i have asked Simian's consultants/inspectors anything they have been very happy to help and very knowledgeable - so Simon if your reading this come and join us and help us!

Well if Simon doesn't want to appear , Rick Statham is already a member of the forum and maybe he REALLY like to get SAFETY AND ACCESS ON BOARD. you never know could even offer discounts to forum members for TRAINING.

Well if Simon doesn't want to appear , Rick Statham is already a member of the forum and maybe he REALLY like to get SAFETY AND ACCESS ON BOARD. you never know could even offer discounts to forum members for TRAINING.

If simian join, safety and access will. Mark my words

Top Bottom